Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Why is NO interested in Tramon Williams if they are now in the throes of an NBA-style fire sale? Doesn't make much sense.

Just saw that Bears are moving ahead with Jay Cutler as the starting QB... ha

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Just saw that Bears are moving ahead with Jay Cutler as the starting QB... ha
    Which means they're not moving ahead at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Why is NO interested in Tramon Williams if they are now in the throes of an NBA-style fire sale? Doesn't make much sense.
    Moderately priced, decent skills, easy to get rid of in 2 or 3 years good locker room presence as an example of hard work paying off in a long career. Fits in nicely for a roster makeover.

NO is also signing another big batch of FAs. They are hosting Browner after Tramon.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

C'mon boys, keep it Packers talk.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tampa is still rebuilding their D. Let Michael Johnson go and now are supposed to be parting ways with Dashon Goldson.

To replace him, they are signing a Bears safety, which can't be a good sign (Conte).

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tampa is still rebuilding their D. Let Michael Johnson go and now are supposed to be parting ways with Dashon Goldson.

To replace him, they are signing a Bears safety, which can't be a good sign (Conte).
    Didn't TB just sign both of them last offseason? Or was it 2 offseasons ago?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Didn't TB just sign both of them last offseason? Or was it 2 offseasons ago?
    Johnson was only with them one year I believe. Don't know why they're getting rid of him, doesn't look like he played that badly, and he a fair amount of time left on his contract. It was a big one, but not like they have a replacement, or need the cap room.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Johnson was only with them one year I believe. Don't know why they're getting rid of him, doesn't look like he played that badly, and he a fair amount of time left on his contract. It was a big one, but not like they have a replacement, or need the cap room.
    Was he only there one year? I thought it was two. Also, dude had 11.5 sacks in his contact year and averaged less than 4 sacks year his other 5 years. When they say beware of guys playing for a contract, this is what they are talking about.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Was he only there one year? I thought it was two. Also, dude had 11.5 sacks in his contact year and averaged less than 4 sacks year his other 5 years. When they say beware of guys playing for a contract, this is what they are talking about.

One year Harv, he wanted to be close to home so he decided to make the money and play for DC Les Frazier.....it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    He was in Tampa one year. But his 11.5 sack season came in 2012, not the contract year.

Patriots signed former Packer draft pick Kevin Dorsey.

Another linebacker option is gone.
    Raiders signed Curtis Lofton.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Another linebacker option is gone.
    Raiders signed Curtis Lofton.
    thank god
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

OLB Jason Worilds retiring after 5 seasons with the Steelers.

Contract details for a few players:

A.J. Hawk - two years, $3.25 million, $500,000 guaranteed.

Brad Jones - two years, $2.85 million, $500,000 guaranteed.

Marshall Newhouse - 2 years, $3 million, $1 million guaranteed.

Non Packer related but I am thinking if Demarco Murray signs with the screwball Eagles then Minny deals Peterson to Dallas for more than a token pick......otherwise he honors his contract or retires....I don't see anyone else bidding him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Non Packer related but I am thinking if Demarco Murray signs with the screwball Eagles then Minny deals Peterson to Dallas for more than a token pick......otherwise he honors his contract or retires....I don't see anyone else bidding him up.
    That is what I am thinking. But Dallas and Minny have to come to trade terms and Dallas has some outs like CJ Spiller. If there is a team that will hand over picks for a vet RB, its Dallas. But their cap might be an issue too. If it is, Peterson holds all the cards.

Or not.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    From the #Cowboys perspective, they believe they lost DeMarco Murray. How will they replace him? The draft. Good one for it

Or they are bluffing.