Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Another linebacker option is gone.
    Raiders signed Curtis Lofton.
    thank god
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tampa is still rebuilding their D. Let Michael Johnson go and now are supposed to be parting ways with Dashon Goldson.

To replace him, they are signing a Bears safety, which can't be a good sign (Conte).
    Didn't TB just sign both of them last offseason? Or was it 2 offseasons ago?
    Go PACK

Non Packer related but I am thinking if Demarco Murray signs with the screwball Eagles then Minny deals Peterson to Dallas for more than a token pick......otherwise he honors his contract or retires....I don't see anyone else bidding him up.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Dashon Goldson possibly out in Tampa http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-chris-conte/ For Chris Can't He? That would be a downgrade. I think Goldson would find another home quickly.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

At that price, the Pack could afford him. Is he worth it?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    Meanwhile, #Saints made a major push to sign CB Brandon Browner yesterday, offering him more than $5M per year. Could help that locker room
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Does this mean the Saints are giving up on TWill? Browner gets an awful lot of penalties.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Does this mean the Saints are giving up on TWill? Browner gets an awful lot of penalties.
    If the emphasis on penalizing defensive holding on CBs continues, he shouldn't really have a job at all. Hats off to the guy though, he hit it perfect getting himself two SB rings in 2 years, with different teams, all after spending some time in the CFL!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Didn't TB just sign both of them last offseason? Or was it 2 offseasons ago?
    Johnson was only with them one year I believe. Don't know why they're getting rid of him, doesn't look like he played that badly, and he a fair amount of time left on his contract. It was a big one, but not like they have a replacement, or need the cap room.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Tampa is paying him $7m this season just to cut him. None of the rest of his contract is guaranteed. It would only have cost them $2m more to keep him. He doesn't have to go through waivers, but if he did, he would absolutely get picked up.

2015 - $2million base salary ($3million more paid by TB)
    2016 - $7.75m base $500k roster bonus
    2017 - $8.25m base $500k roster bonus
    2018 - $8.25m base $500k roster bonus

In short, Tampa bay is fucking stupid to cut him.

**It might be possible for Tampa to save that $3m base this year if he signs with another team. It depends on the verbage in his contract with TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Non Packer related but I am thinking if Demarco Murray signs with the screwball Eagles then Minny deals Peterson to Dallas for more than a token pick......otherwise he honors his contract or retires....I don't see anyone else bidding him up.
    That is what I am thinking. But Dallas and Minny have to come to trade terms and Dallas has some outs like CJ Spiller. If there is a team that will hand over picks for a vet RB, its Dallas. But their cap might be an issue too. If it is, Peterson holds all the cards.

Or not.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    From the #Cowboys perspective, they believe they lost DeMarco Murray. How will they replace him? The draft. Good one for it

Or they are bluffing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Browner signs with Saints. 3 years around $18 mil. So says Ian Rapaport via PFT.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 7m7 minutes ago
    Ex-#Packers CB Davon House cashed in with #Jaguars: 4 years, $24.5M. Gets $6.5M in 2015, plus $3.5M fully gtd portion of $6M salary in '16.

Details for Bears Royal Deal

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 7m7 minutes ago
    That is stunning RT @TomPelissero: Eddie Royal's contract with #Bears is 3 years, $15M with $10M fully gtd for practical purposes

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2h2 hours ago
    From @MikeTriplett: #Packers CB Tramon Williams still in play with Saints, but left NOLA without a deal.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-...thout-contract

I think Tramon is sorta stuck right now. I think he clearly wants more than the packers are offering, but he's not getting substantially more somewhere else. So he's debating in his mind whether to take a little less money and stay with the packers or accept a little more from a team in flux. Also, he's probably debating whether or not to sign now and take the 4-5 mpy he's being offered or hold out hope some other team comes a long with a much better offer.

Business wise I'd take the packers offer. Seeing how loyal teams like the saints and bucs are to their players for instance, might make the packers offer more attractive. Even with a little less money, at least he knows if he signs the 2 year 8 mil deal the packers have offered, he'd probably won't get cut after one year. Can you say the same about the Saints?
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

ok, you can add me to the "chip kelly is fucking nuts" crowd

either he's about to revolutionize everything we know about how to run a football team, or he's gonna crash and burn in spectacular fashion

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    ok, you can add me to the "chip kelly is fucking nuts" crowd

either he's about to revolutionize everything we know about how to run a football team, or he's gonna crash and burn in spectacular fashion
    He's trying to make his team the Philadelphia Ducks.

How about the Jets secondary upgrade. Yikes.

Blog Entries
    Did D Murray AND Ryan Matthews head to the Eagles ? Why both ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Did D Murray AND Ryan Matthews head to the Eagles ? Why both ??
    Chip has a run first offense, but what are they going to do with Sproles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    How about the Jets secondary upgrade. Yikes.
    yeah, but they have nothing else on the team, do they?