Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Did D Murray AND Ryan Matthews head to the Eagles ? Why both ??
    yup

and he tried to get gore too

trent richardson has been cut by the colts

no surprise here

the two time bust was basically benched during the playoffs for being a giant worthless douche

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yup

and he tried to get gore too
    I wonder if Matthews was a second choice. NFL radio was saying he wanted to stud running backs to keep them fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, but they have nothing else on the team, do they?

They do, but the one thing they don't have is a QB.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
    #Panthers are signing CB Teddy Williams to a 2-year deal worth up to $2.3M. $900K in year 1. Never played college football, 1 NFL snap on D.

And Terrence Knighton just signed a one year, $4 mil deal with Washington. We are into Phase 2 of Free Agency.

Tramontana is still available. Wilde reports (or retweets) that there is still mutual interest.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chip Kelly said yesterday that he has received a #1 pick offer for Sam Bradford.

Today he said they targeted 2 of the 3 big ticket RBs (Gore, Murray, Matthews) but though Murray would be out of their price range.

Murray today said the dance was initiated when Chip called him yesterday.

Chip also has a girlfriend in Canada.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

PB, I'm obviously trying to figure out what happens to Peterson at this point. I just gotta think the trade market isn't enough to move him. If I was running the team and they are lucky I am not I would take a second and nothing less unless other assets were included. Therefore I think I'd just keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    PB, I'm obviously trying to figure out what happens to Peterson at this point. I just gotta think the trade market isn't enough to move him. If I was running the team and they are lucky I am not I would take a second and nothing less unless other assets were included. Therefore I think I'd just keep him.
    I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

He's pissed at that and that the governor of the state ripped him and the local paper ran an investigative report on his charity. Plus tweets by various Viking fans calling him out for what he did.

I think he's a little delusional but as a human I can see where he may not feel welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Johnson was only with them one year I believe. Don't know why they're getting rid of him, doesn't look like he played that badly, and he a fair amount of time left on his contract. It was a big one, but not like they have a replacement, or need the cap room.
    Was he only there one year? I thought it was two. Also, dude had 11.5 sacks in his contact year and averaged less than 4 sacks year his other 5 years. When they say beware of guys playing for a contract, this is what they are talking about.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2h2 hours ago
    From @MikeTriplett: #Packers CB Tramon Williams still in play with Saints, but left NOLA without a deal.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-...thout-contract
    Saints have agreed to terms with Brandon Browner. Are they still interested in TWill?

Cardinals just restructured Carson Palmer's contract to free up a cool 7 mil......for what though?

Cardinals just restructured Carson Palmer's contract to free up a cool 7 mil......for what though?
    A good backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Was he only there one year? I thought it was two. Also, dude had 11.5 sacks in his contact year and averaged less than 4 sacks year his other 5 years. When they say beware of guys playing for a contract, this is what they are talking about.

One year Harv, he wanted to be close to home so he decided to make the money and play for DC Les Frazier.....it didn't work out.

A good backup QB.
    None left.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    He was in Tampa one year. But his 11.5 sack season came in 2012, not the contract year.

None left.
    Matt Moore.

Matt Moore.

Adequate I guess.

Chip Kelly said yesterday that he has received a #1 pick offer for Sam Bradford.
    And I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell too.

I saw and heard the interview. I don't believe that for one second.

He was in Tampa one year. But his 11.5 sack season came in 2012, not the contract year.
    Yeah, looking it up now, I was all wrong. Posted from my phone off memory earlier. He had 11.5 sacks in 2012, but it wasn't his contract year. He had 3 sacks, 2.5 sacks, 6 sacks, 3.5 sacks, and 4 sacks (so, that's just under 5 sacks/year--not under 4 sacks/year) in his other 5 years. At least, he's durable. He's only missed 3 games in 6 years.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson