Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
    #Panthers are signing CB Teddy Williams to a 2-year deal worth up to $2.3M. $900K in year 1. Never played college football, 1 NFL snap on D.

And Terrence Knighton just signed a one year, $4 mil deal with Washington. We are into Phase 2 of Free Agency.

Tramontana is still available. Wilde reports (or retweets) that there is still mutual interest.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chip Kelly said yesterday that he has received a #1 pick offer for Sam Bradford.

Today he said they targeted 2 of the 3 big ticket RBs (Gore, Murray, Matthews) but though Murray would be out of their price range.

Murray today said the dance was initiated when Chip called him yesterday.

Chip also has a girlfriend in Canada.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chip Kelly said yesterday that he has received a #1 pick offer for Sam Bradford.
    And I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell too.

I saw and heard the interview. I don't believe that for one second.

PB, I'm obviously trying to figure out what happens to Peterson at this point. I just gotta think the trade market isn't enough to move him. If I was running the team and they are lucky I am not I would take a second and nothing less unless other assets were included. Therefore I think I'd just keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    PB, I'm obviously trying to figure out what happens to Peterson at this point. I just gotta think the trade market isn't enough to move him. If I was running the team and they are lucky I am not I would take a second and nothing less unless other assets were included. Therefore I think I'd just keep him.
    I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

He's pissed at that and that the governor of the state ripped him and the local paper ran an investigative report on his charity. Plus tweets by various Viking fans calling him out for what he did.

I think he's a little delusional but as a human I can see where he may not feel welcome.

Cardinals just restructured Carson Palmer's contract to free up a cool 7 mil......for what though?

Cardinals just restructured Carson Palmer's contract to free up a cool 7 mil......for what though?
    A good backup QB.

A good backup QB.
    None left.

None left.
    Matt Moore.

Matt Moore.

Adequate I guess.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Cleveland sports talk is crying over NE signing Jabaal Sheard. Says Cleveland didn't using him properly; Cheat will get 9+ sacks out of him because Bill will let him rush passer, not drop in coverage. Too bad Packers didn't sign him, Capers could have totally miscast him as well.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Look for the Eagles to crash and burn this year - history has shown so many times that you can't add that many 'key' free agents in a year and have a team that works. Denver under McDaniels was the most extreme case, but Washington does it every other year, and Philadelphia themselves famously tried it with their dream team. Is Kelly really so egotistical that he thinks he can be the guy who pulls it all together?

After his first season in the NFL, I thought he might really have something, but last year it didn't work out so well. Now I think he's panicky and reaching, and he's not long for the league.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Cleveland sports talk is crying over NE signing Jabaal Sheard. Says Cleveland didn't using him properly; Cheat will get 9+ sacks out of him because Bill will let him rush passer, not drop in coverage. Too bad Packers didn't sign him, Capers could have totally miscast him as well.
    I read it was a 3-4, 4-3 issue. Where he should have been Kampman and not Matthews. Fair?

I read it was a 3-4, 4-3 issue. Where he should have been Kampman and not Matthews. Fair?
    yep. Fish out of water in coverage. The weird thing is that Pettine was saying early in camp that he was really excited about Sheard and thought he would be a huge impact player. And then they used him totally wrong. And then they didn't use him at all. So it will be interesting to see if he just flamed out, or was miscast. You'll know pretty quick with Cheat which is true.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'd be interested to see the totals for Johnson's pass rushing snaps and total pressures alongside those sack totals...

as for Richardson I suspect there's a chance he might be joining Lacy in Green Bay and the reason for that is he's only been in the league for three seasons he's still a talented player despite the lack of production he doesn't factor into the compensatory picks formula due to the fact that he was cut and reuniting with his former college friend might help him to get his head right and save his career all in all it's a pretty low risk proposition for Green Bay and it might pay off in a talented 3rd down back on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I'd be interested to see the totals for Johnson's pass rushing snaps and total pressures alongside those sack totals...

as for Richardson I suspect there's a chance he might be joining Lacy in Green Bay and the reason for that is he's only been in the league for three seasons he's still a talented player despite the lack of production he doesn't factor into the compensatory picks formula due to the fact that he was cut and reuniting with his former college friend might help him to get his head right and save his career all in all it's a pretty low risk proposition for Green Bay and it might pay off in a talented 3rd down back on the cheap.

Here's a few of punctuation marks, feel free to use them: ...... ,,,,, ;;;

but I find your point interesting. From year one to year two in Cleveland, it looked like Richardson lost his vision. Absolutely could not find gaps. Hesitant. Wha happened?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Here's a few of punctuation marks, feel free to use them: ...... ,,,,, ;;;

but I find your point interesting. From year one to year two in Cleveland, it looked like Richardson lost his vision. Absolutely could not find gaps. Hesitant. Wha happened?
    Only role I see him having with the Pack would've been if they hadn't re-signed Kuhn and TR converted to FB. Pretty sure he's faster than Kuhn, but I'm not sure, really.
    --

Fairley gets $5M base from the Rams. Didn't think he'd get anywhere near that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gns-with-rams/
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Fairley gets $5M base from the Rams. Didn't think he'd get anywhere near that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gns-with-rams/
    The Rams have an absolutely terrifying DL
    Go PACK