Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    So much happening I can't keep up. Jerry is the anti-Jones now. Don't know if he'll draft right but I'd say drafting a running back is his best move. Why pay some older back way too much money when he can draft one who can run behind that line and probably excel quickly for a fraction of the price. Unjerrylike. Old Jerry woulda drafted drinky Johnny Manziel instead of the Pro Bowl guard last year. Now he'll probably draft Gordon and he'll run roughshod over the league in Dallas.

Old Jerry would throw a first round pick at Peterson. New Jerry ain't touchin' that. I can't imagine a person handling a bad situation any worse than Peterson has. Defiant in the face of child abuse is a tough route to take as a public celebrity. He wants to take a tough stance against people who denounce those actions and he's gonna get what he's got. The Vikings are willing to take him back and help him move past his actions and he wants to refuse that chance by taking a hardline stance and saying he'll never play for them again because the spoke out and said they didn't like what he did?

Maybe Jerry will lose his mind and pick him up yet. I'd rather see that then him coming back to the Vikings. No chance he retires and leaves this as his legacy is there?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    So much happening I can't keep up. Jerry is the anti-Jones now. Don't know if he'll draft right but I'd say drafting a running back is his best move. Why pay some older back way too much money when he can draft one who can run behind that line and probably excel quickly for a fraction of the price. Unjerrylike. Old Jerry woulda drafted drinky Johnny Manziel instead of the Pro Bowl guard last year. Now he'll probably draft Gordon and he'll run roughshod over the league in Dallas.
    Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Gordon in Dallas would make them very good. But won't they have to move up to get him? Should be gone by Philly's pick (#20) at least, no???
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Gordon in Dallas would make them very good. But won't they have to move up to get him? Should be gone by Philly's pick (#20) at least, no???
    nm about Philly....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Take it to the bank. All day Adrian has 1600+ yards this year. I wouldn't be shocked by 2000. This is with 9 men in the box play after play.

He will be a man possessed. I hope like hell he is not anywhere near Dallas because I don't want to face that bad man in the playoffs. He will run over every single one of our defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Take it to the bank. All day Adrian has 1600+ yards this year. I wouldn't be shocked by 2000. This is with 9 men in the box play after play.

He will be a man possessed. I hope like hell he is not anywhere near Dallas because I don't want to face that bad man in the playoffs. He will run over every single one of our defenders.
    I think he will whip a lot of teams, and beat defenders to a bloody pulp. It will be like a man amongst small, helpless children.

It would be nice to see Peterson out of the NFC.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    AP will be a Cowboy, at least IMO. There's too much public interest on both sides for it not to happen.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    AP will be a Cowboy, at least IMO. There's too much public interest on both sides for it not to happen.
    If Jerry didn't want or couldn't pay Murray how can he afford Peterson?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If Jerry didn't want or couldn't pay Murray how can he afford Peterson?
    Because the new working theory is that Jerry isn't calling the shots anymore.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jesus Christ that Rams defensive line....

OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

30+ years old - potential cliff #1
    3000+ touches in college and nfl - potential cliff #2
    3600 touches HS, college and nfl - potential cliff #3
    It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

I suspect he will still be productive, but not the scary back he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Perhaps the Vikings released Jennings to make room for Jared Boykin.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.

He already had the superhuman abilities. It appears they were granted some time ago. Who comes off an ACL and damn near eclipses the all time best season? He was shit in first couple games that season....anyway, I agree, the factors are what they are and I wouldn't predict any all time great seasons but this guy has shown the normal rules of the world don't always apply to him.

Worked for Marcus Allen for a while.

The first part, anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

He's like Julius Peppers dude. He will be a bad ass RB and could start for an NFL team at 45 if we're being honest. He is a top 5 talent at the position ever. That acceleration + shake + power!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    He's like Julius Peppers dude. He will be a bad ass RB and could start for an NFL team at 45 if we're being honest. He is a top 5 talent at the position ever. That acceleration + shake + power!
    Someone got into the liqueur cabinet again.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Someone got into the liqueur cabinet again.
    More like ODed on Robitussin. It is flu season.

All I know is that they took the good stuff out of NyQuil and winter hasn't been the same since.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

There was a time way back in the days of yore when the dextromethorphan in robitoussin was relatively unadulterated. Nowadays kids have to deal with all of the extra scrap they put in. It really puts a damper on the experience. Gone are the days of running around in the church camp parking lot feeling like you can fly and examining the boundaries where metaphysics melds with reality and trying to pull some tongue on the side.

Now it's just sitting around all grumpy, posting on some divebar internet forum.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.