Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the Vikings are making a mistake in releasing GJ? They had 3 different QBs last year, none of their WRs put up good numbers. Jennings actually led the team in catches, receiving yards and receiving TDs!

Dude is a great receiver still.....you can quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I can't blame Jennings too much. They trade for a guy who had similar stats, makes just as much money, and then ask Jennings to take a pay cut.

Younger and faster but also a bigger dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.
    Worked for Marcus Allen for a while.

The first part, anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'm retracting my thoughts on AP being in Dallas. If they weren't going to give Murray close to the 8M/yr that Philly gave, they are not going near that number for an older back in AP. AP likely will cost at least that much in a restructure after a trade if not more. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get a RB in the draft and they won't have to move much to get one either.
    Dallas is no longer being run by Jerruh. His kid has taken over the reins in terms of player acquisition. That is why the Cowboys didn't draft Johnny Football last year...it wasn't Jerruh's call.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Dallas is no longer being run by Jerruh. His kid has taken over the reins in terms of player acquisition. That is why the Cowboys didn't draft Johnny Football last year...it wasn't Jerruh's call.
    Yep. And Jerruh was MIFFED they didn't take Johnny. He was quoted in a big writeup about his stewardship to the effect that:

"If I had thought this small during my days as a wildcatter, we never would have bought the Cowboys. Or built the Stadium."

He essentially called his Stephen, "no son of mine".

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...n-football-man
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Stephen might be a step up from Jerry, but he's still a product of nepotism.

He's still one of Jerry's Kids after all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Younger and faster but also a bigger dickhead.
    Isn't that the problem with Percy Harvin as well ?

From what I've heard he's a complete asshat and terrible in the locker room. Is that accurate ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Isn't that the problem with Percy Harvin as well ?

From what I've heard he's a complete asshat and terrible in the locker room. Is that accurate ?
    He just needs a "Cris Carter" to take him under his wing, maybe Jordy? Or would that not work because Jordy is white?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    He just needs a "Cris Carter" to take him under his wing, maybe Jordy? Or would that not work because Jordy is white?
    I think he's talking about Wallace.

And yes, Wallace seems to be a dickhole, upset his QB didn't target him more. It's all about him.

How else could a team get him so cheap. Fins were glad to dump him.

Poor Vikings walked into another one

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

30+ years old - potential cliff #1
    3000+ touches in college and nfl - potential cliff #2
    3600 touches HS, college and nfl - potential cliff #3
    It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

I suspect he will still be productive, but not the scary back he has been.
    He's like Julius Peppers dude. He will be a bad ass RB and could start for an NFL team at 45 if we're being honest. He is a top 5 talent at the position ever. That acceleration + shake + power!

No, not quite. Peterson isn't Herschel Walker freakish, but he is more physically dominant than the average running back... He can probably still play at a good level until 32. Maybe 33.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

2015 NFL Free Agents

SPOTRAC ...Tracking the status and signings of all 2015 NFL free agents.

Comment woodbuck27:

IMO there's not a lot going on in FA so far that's a huge threat to the Packers 2015 season. I didn't get an exact count but there's about 100 FA's already signed.

Seattle did very well IMO getting an outstanding weapon @ TE in the Jimmy Graham deal.

I'm a little surprized what RB Demarco Murray shaked out in terms of $$$$.

I watched replays of the 2014 NFL BEST games yesterday:

Dallas @ Green Bay and Green Bay @ Seattle and I have hopes we get more on 'O' in 2015 in BIG games. I see the moves in terms of restructuring the coaching staff as positives. In every sense of the words; the Packers simply blew it in Seattle. They were the better team and simply choked it away. It wasn't personnel as much as poor decision making. Again ..... that's how I saw it.

If TT gets something for the head of the snake (DT) and something at ILB. The Packers will be OK.

I'm concerned at CB right now as well. We might see more fr. Rodgers at TE. TT needs to get more at RB. I don't like the way that Eddie Lacy bangs into the walls. I'm concerned his career will be short with all he did in College.

Now after all that. I'm not a DOM CAPERS fan. That man is fricken scary in terms of his decision making.

It won't matter what TT or what MM and the rest of the coaching staff does; unless we see a dramatic shift upwards in terms of the rankings on 'D' and ST's.

GO PACKERS .... GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-15-2015 at 03:07 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    He's like Julius Peppers dude. He will be a bad ass RB and could start for an NFL team at 45 if we're being honest. He is a top 5 talent at the position ever. That acceleration + shake + power!
    Someone got into the liqueur cabinet again.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Someone got into the liqueur cabinet again.
    More like ODed on Robitussin. It is flu season.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    At this point of Packer free agency, it would be great to get an ILB, however, there's not much to get excited about on the open market. Brandon Spikes has been mentioned, but what I've read, he's really more of a two down backer, run stuffer. It's looking like whatever they have in-house now or whatever they draft, sign after is what they will have to go with.

As for NT, do you think it's still between Guion and Raji? It sounds like Raji is going crazy in the weight room. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/296020101.html

We know McCarthy wants Guion back: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=47471

Would you sign them both?

If only one, which one?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    All I know is that they took the good stuff out of NyQuil and winter hasn't been the same since.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    All I know is that they took the good stuff out of NyQuil and winter hasn't been the same since.
    there's always hiberNol..

https://screen.yahoo.com/hibernol-sl...000000476.html

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There was a time way back in the days of yore when the dextromethorphan in robitoussin was relatively unadulterated. Nowadays kids have to deal with all of the extra scrap they put in. It really puts a damper on the experience. Gone are the days of running around in the church camp parking lot feeling like you can fly and examining the boundaries where metaphysics melds with reality and trying to pull some tongue on the side.

Now it's just sitting around all grumpy, posting on some divebar internet forum.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

back when i was young i wasn't allowed to have robitoussin

if i got sick while at the grandparents house they pulled the bottle labeled "irish whiskey" out of the liquor cabinet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    back when i was young i wasn't allowed to have robitoussin

if i got sick while at the grandparents house they pulled the bottle labeled "irish whiskey" out of the liquor cabinet
    Red, I totally believe this story.