Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    During the season, somebody posted the WR FA list. it looked like gold. Now, this list looks like shit.

Bowe and Marshall will probably get re-signed, the rest are gone.
    I doubt Bowe. Classic underachiever. No TD's and no 100 yard games in 2014. Bunch of 40-60 yard games. I think Fitz can still play pretty well for somebody. His numbers fell off this year when they got down to 3rd string at QB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I doubt Bowe. Classic underachiever. No TD's and no 100 yard games in 2014. Bunch of 40-60 yard games. I think Fitz can still play pretty well for somebody. His numbers fell off this year when they got down to 3rd string at QB.
    You are probably right on Bowe.

Fitz can play, but not at that $ level.

Wallace and Harvin may have played their way out of the league.

The only one on that entire list that I would take is Fitz, but it'd have to be at a WAY lower salary. Jennings was outplayed by Charles Johnson in MN, Colston made too many mistakes last year and Bowe flat out stole his paychecks. NO TDs for an entire season???
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

With a $14.4 M$ Dead Cap number... Larry Fitzerald remains a Cardinal.

Also...he's still considered the face of that organization.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-free-agent/

Jets won’t pick up Chris Johnson’s option, making him a free agent

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 14, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-im-a-starter/

Davon House: “I think my film shows I’m a starter”

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 14, 2015, 7:36 PM EST

"...In a story published Saturday by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, House said he is seeking a starting job.

“I don’t like the role just playing special teams, especially when I know I can contribute,” House told the Journal Sentinel‘s Tom Silverstein. ... "

Comment woodbuck27:

I wonder where he'll land? He's got decent measurements and isn't at the 'aging' stage.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

They can save 9.2 million though by cutting him before March 14 and they are currently 8.6 million over the cap. They are trying to work on a restructure with him. Maybe convert the 8 million roster bonus due March 14 to something to be paid down the road.

I think the one dimension (besides TE) missing from this offense is a 3rd down back in the mold of Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush. We just don't have anybody who is a threat coming out of the backfield for quick passes and flair outs. We can brawl with Lacy and Starks, but we don't have a change of pace back. I'm assuming Harris is all but gone since he received little or no playing time last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I think the one dimension (besides TE) missing from this offense is a 3rd down back in the mold of Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush. We just don't have anybody who is a threat coming out of the backfield for quick passes and flair outs. We can brawl with Lacy and Starks, but we don't have a change of pace back. I'm assuming Harris is all but gone since he received little or no playing time last season.
    I think Lacy has shown he can do this and somehow, even Starks appeared to improve. However, Rodgers almost never seems at ease throwing to a back, esp. Starks.

Not sure if that is lack of confidence, or something the RBs do or don't do, but its something that needs more work.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A bunch of other wide receivers could be joining the free agent list. These are guys who could be released due to big cap numbers in 2015:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ith-star-power

1. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals: $23.6 million

2. Percy Harvin, Jets: $10.5 million.

3. Brandon Marshall, Bears: Marshall's $7.5 million salary becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster by the third day of the league year -- March 12.

4. Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers: $12.2 cap number for 2015.

5. Mike Wallace, Dolphins: $9.85 million.

6. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs: $10.75 million.

7. Greg Jennings, Vikings: $11 million .

8. Marques Colston, Saints: $10 million.
    The Fitz situation is a weird one, I don't understand how it got to that point. Somehow, I think they make it work in Arizona.

Marshall seems to think he's out. If cutting him frees up the whole $7.5M, I think he's gone, Jeffries and Wilson are a good 1-2 there.

I actually think Wallace stays with the Dolphins, maybe restructuring a little. They've got just no one else at WR there at all. Could they be a team that chases Cobb?

Colston is at the end of his (pretty good) career. With their cap trouble, I don't see how he stays.

Don't know about the others. Most intriguing player from the list is Jackson. He still played pretty well last season, he would get some attention if let go.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

I thought Harris would have been perfect for the "Sproles" role, but he was never let on the field.

They can save 9.2 million though by cutting him before March 14 and they are currently 8.6 million over the cap. They are trying to work on a restructure with him. Maybe convert the 8 million roster bonus due March 14 to something to be paid down the road.
    They will restructure his contract because he's solid in Arizona with the coaches and players. The fans would be in shock if he was traded. He an specially recognized player in the NFL because of his ethical behaviour, mentoring skills and overall leadership qualities.

Seeing the $mad money$ the WR's listed here are scheduled to get in 2015 is a real head shaker.

Brandon Marshal and Mike Wallace are head cases. Dwayne Bowe is paid so much for what reason? Greg Jennings should be restructured. Percy Harvin at $10 M$ plus....seems ridiculous. Marques Colston seemed out of the picture in New Orleans last season but the whole team was out of synch.

Percy Harvin is like an amusement park ride. In and out and up and down and over here and over there. His psychiatrist has a raw chin from scrathin' it.

Randall Cobb's agent must see all that and be smackin' his lips.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...2-71b1c39977f5

Check out the comments after this article. Larry Fitzgerald is loved.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-be-tagged-2/

Team-by-team look at who could be tagged

Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2015, 7:07 PM EST

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...linemen/page/9

FR. TOP Offensive Lineman in 2015 Free Agency

2. Bryan Bulaga, Green Bay Packers

" Bryan Bulaga consistently grades out as one of the best right tackles in football when healthy. In 2014, he allowed just four sacks in the regular season and was a major boost for the Green Bay run game. If Bulaga hits the open market, he’ll be one of the best tackles available in the past several years."

Comment woodbuck27:

Between Bryan Bulaga,Randall Cobb and Tramon Williams. Ted Thompson has his work cut out.

I'm wondering when The $Big Guys$ ie Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are going to want to help out by restructuring their contracts to help Ted Thompson manage the talent he already has on the Packers?

I'm wondering when The $Big Guys$ ie Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are going to want to help out by restructuring their contracts to help Ted Thompson manage the talent he already has on the Packers?
    I don't think that will be necessary. TT will have the necessary cap room if he feels these players (Cobb, Bulaga, Williams) are worth the money it would take to sign them. There is a danger in restructuring contracts just to give you some temporary salary cap relief. See Arizona and Larry Fitzgerald. TT only asks players to restructure if they are not living up to their contract, as he did with A.J. Hawk a couple of years ago. In that case, Hawk took a pay cut.

I don't think that will be necessary. TT will have the necessary cap room if he feels these players (Cobb, Bulaga, Williams) are worth the money it would take to sign them. There is a danger in restructuring contracts just to give you some temporary salary cap relief. See Arizona and Larry Fitzgerald. TT only asks players to restructure if they are not living up to their contract, as he did with A.J. Hawk a couple of years ago. In that case, Hawk took a pay cut.
    What about Tom Brady helping out in that respect for the Patriots!?

Brett Favre restructured voluntarily as well.

Whatever it took (Favre) and takes (Tom Brady) to get to the best chance to win the Super Bowl !?

I look at Peyton Manning and how I'd handle him if I was his GM. Peyton Manning would 'only' return at a substantially reduced contract. I cannot imagine that the Broncos will cough up close to $20 million$ next season for a man that just overall hasn't cut it in the payoffs. Manning has only proven what has been there al along. He's a great regular season QB with max protection and he match's his ego with statistical results. Manning is desperate to play in 2015...I wouldn't be surprized to see the same desperation in 2016.....beyond. He doesn't recognize that his best legacy was cemented in the 2014 season and from here on out it'll likely be tarnish.

Then I look at the cost of Alex Smith to Kansas City and I recognize the comparative madness. How can Alex Smith personally justify being paid what? ($18 M$) next season. Where is his upside? Nowhere ! Kansa City needs another QB.

Brett Favre restructured voluntarily as well.

Whatever it took (Favre) and takes (Tom Brady) to get to the best chance to win the Super Bowl !?
    Favre never restructured to take less money overall. Certainly not with the Packers and I don't think so with the Jets or Vikings.

Brady has been advertised as accepting less thank market value, but the top line numbers that people quote are misleading. For instance, I believe Brady's numbers for the rest of his current deal are fully guaranteed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

PFT reporting Cullen Jenkins has accepted a pay cut to stay with the Giants. I seriously didn't know this guy was still in the league, which is kind of surprising because he was one of my favorite players when with the Packers.

Sure are seeing a lot more of teams asking players to take pay cuts, or at least it's a lot more publicized than it used to be. I don't ever want to hear someone else complain about a player holding out for more money while they're under contract.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Favre never restructured to take less money overall. Certainly not with the Packers and I don't think so with the Jets or Vikings.

Brady has been advertised as accepting less thank market value, but the top line numbers that people quote are misleading. For instance, I believe Brady's numbers for the rest of his current deal are fully guaranteed.
    I wonder if this could become a trend, at least at the QB position. There has been some speculation that Seattle might try to do this to some extent with Russell Wilson. Guaranteed contracts can be risky for the team, but QB's are probably less prone to career-altering injuries than players at other positions.