Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    There was a time way back in the days of yore when the dextromethorphan in robitoussin was relatively unadulterated. Nowadays kids have to deal with all of the extra scrap they put in. It really puts a damper on the experience. Gone are the days of running around in the church camp parking lot feeling like you can fly and examining the boundaries where metaphysics melds with reality and trying to pull some tongue on the side.

Now it's just sitting around all grumpy, posting on some divebar internet forum.
    We called it Robo-ing DY. Drink a whole bottle, keep it down as long as you could and wait to see what happens. It was a cheap thrill, haha!!!
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    We called it Robo-ing DY. Drink a whole bottle, keep it down as long as you could and wait to see what happens. It was a cheap thrill, haha!!!
    I knew a guy in college that used to "Robo" all the time. He'd go to the Pharmacy, steal a bottle, chug it down as fast as he could and be whacked out of his gord all night. Then, on top of that, drink beers with us all night. I wonder what happened to him. He's probably some big shot CEO now.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I knew a guy in college that used to "Robo" all the time. He'd go to the Pharmacy, steal a bottle, chug it down as fast as he could and be whacked out of his gord all night. Then, on top of that, drink beers with us all night. I wonder what happened to him. He's probably some big shot CEO now.
    Did anyone else's grandmother have quaaludes?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I had a buddy like that in college. He once got sick after eating a few tablespoons of nutmeg because it contains an LSD derivative. He was a crazy son-of-a-gun who'd stay up all night getting crazy but he finished with nearly a 4.0 and went on to become a dentist.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I had a buddy like that in college. He once got sick after eating a few tablespoons of nutmeg because it contains an LSD derivative. He was a crazy son-of-a-gun who'd stay up all night getting crazy but he finished with nearly a 4.0 and went on to become a dentist.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I've always heard it called leaning. Cough syrup, sprite and a jolly rancher
    Go PACK

And Johnny Jolly went to jail for all your sins.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Vince Wilfork signs with Houston for 2 years, 9 million, 5 million guaranteed. The price for Raji has to be less than that, right?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Has anyone else heard the conspiracy theory about Chip Kelly that he's just loading up free agents like Bradford and Murray as trade bait to move up and get Mariota?

It makes a little sense, given how Kelly is loading up at QB and RB. Bradford doesn't really fit the scheme, and would be a curious guy to count on coming off of another knee injury. Murray may have played his best football last year, but look how little respect RB's get anymore, given that you can find good running easier than some other positions, and that OL in Dallas is loaded for bear. How would the Eagles get Murray, Matthews, Sproles, and Chris Polk enough carries to keep them effective?

So, if any of this rumor is true, are they prepared to stick with Bradford if nobody wants him in a trade to allow the Eagles to move up and draft Mariota?

1(1) Buccaneers-Likely Winston
    2(2) Titans-May not go QB with Mettenberger as the #1, not sure they would want Bradford or Murray
    3(3) Jaguars-no QB needed, but they were considering Murray in FA.
    4(4) Raiders-This is the team with a lot of cap space, but no need for Bradford, but possibly Murray
    5(5) Redskins-They have RG3, and they have a lot of money tied up in him, but they might be willing
    6(6) Jets-They now have Fitzpatrick, and they have cap space, but I'm not sure they would take Bradford in a trade for #6
    7(7) Bears-Mariota likely won't fall below #7, and the Bears wouldn't take either player to move back.
    8(8) Falcons-same as Bears
    9(9) Giants-same as Bears
    10(10) Rams-um, no
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Vince Wilfork signs with Houston for 2 years, 9 million, 5 million guaranteed. The price for Raji has to be less than that, right?
    I was just coming here to post that very thought.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yes, I have read the rumors about dealing for Mariota. #1 target is the Titans. Theory is that they didn't have the personnel the Rams wanted and the cost in pure picks would be too high (remember the mother-lode of picks from the Redskins for RGIII).

In this version of reality, Rams wanted Foles and some picks, so the Eagles are the intermediary source of assets.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 33m33 minutes ago
    Belichick calls Wilfork "best defensive lineman I ever coached" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Juu

And that guy has coached some good lineman (Leonard Marshall, Willie McGinest, Rob Burnett).

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Has anyone else heard the conspiracy theory about Chip Kelly that he's just loading up free agents like Bradford and Murray as trade bait to move up and get Mariota?
    I had posted this before: Rumors in Philly had Foles, draft picks and or a player or players going to the Jets if Mariota was still available when they picked. Jets would essentially draft Mariota then trade him to the Eagles. Again - just a rumor swirling around here.

Then Kelly trades for Bradford. Kelly has said that Bradford is his guy, but I don't believe anything a coach says anymore. Since Bradford has come to Philly, rumors have kinda died down a bit around here about Kelly trying to get Mariota - but it doesn't surprise me that rumors are starting again.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 21s22 seconds ago
    The #Chargers will pay WR Stevie Johnson $10.5M over three years, source said. He can get to $12M. He’ll be a big part of their offense.

awwwwww

jennings wants back

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...e-with-packers

guess he was "brainwashed" too well the first time round

Report that Browns offered a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-sam-bradford

Not clear whether it was offered to Rams or Eagles, but Chip Kelly had said he was offered a 1st round pick for Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    awwwwww

jennings wants back

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...e-with-packers

guess he was "brainwashed" too well the first time round
    Go suck a goat dick Greg.

Not happening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report that Browns offered a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-sam-bradford

Not clear whether it was offered to Rams or Eagles, but Chip Kelly had said he was offered a 1st round pick for Bradford.
    That'd be a fleece I think. That's the #12 pick. He may still make that trade if it's on the table and Mariota drops a few slots. Maybe Chip's already innovating but I don't see how Bradford's a great fit in that O. Defenses are just going to invite him to keep it every time and then punish him for it.

To lead a fast break offense you need a point guard who can dish the ball but he also needs to be able to take it to the hole himself when the other guys are covered up. Bradford ain't that guy I don't think.
    Last edited by vince; 03-17-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

We need to sign a DL and possibly a CB first.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

We need to sign a DL and possibly a CB first.
    Yup. There's only one ball and the guys we have are all already capable of producing more than they do, if only they'd get the ball more. Jennings is no good for this team at this point. Overpaid vet getting in the way of younger, cheaper producers. Now if Adams, Janis and maybe even Abby turn out to be stiffs then you could say they shoulda signed him but I don't think those guys will be stiffs. We'll see.