Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    That'd be a fleece I think. That's the #12 pick. He may still make that trade if it's on the table and Mariota drops a few slots. Maybe Chip's already innovating but I don't see how Bradford's a great fit in that O. Defenses are just going to invite him to keep it every time and then punish him for it.

To lead a fast break offense you need a point guard who can dish the ball but he also needs to be able to take it to the hole himself when the other guys are covered up. Bradford ain't that guy I don't think.
    They also have the #19 pick, from Buffalo. Still a bad idea though. Of course, the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They also have the #19 pick, from Buffalo. Still a bad idea though. Of course, the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.
    That hurts. That was Homgren regime wasn't it? That's a lot of bust. I wouldn't want to throw Bradford on top.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.
    #thefutureisnow

The Browns really enjoy drafting the "quarterback of the future" and an Impact Playerâ„¢ every year. And both typically fizzle before midseason.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

We need to sign a DL and possibly a CB first.
    He would be Freeman in the #4 WR role like he was in his second go around for Sherman/Favre. But that would commit you to some 5 Wide (to get Janis some snaps) and keeping 6 WR with both Magic and Janis doing the returning and special teams.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport says the Packers are looking for a bargain veteran WR. I would dismiss this out of hand except Ian has gotten his last three out of the blue stories about the Packers right.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-on-the-market

Its at the end of the segment of Total Access: Top FA Still on the Market. He mentions the Packers tidbit while discussing Welker's availability.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport says the Packers are looking for a bargain veteran WR. I would dismiss this out of hand except Ian has gotten his last three out of the blue stories about the Packers right.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-on-the-market

Its at the end of the segment of Total Access: Top FA Still on the Market. He mentions the Packers tidbit while discussing Welker's availability.
    i don't get the welker interest at all

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i don't get the welker interest at all
    I don't get why the Packers would be looking at a veteran WR. We're fine there. We need TE, DL, ILB and CB help.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    When healthy, Welker has always been someone to help move the chains, which means more time of possession, better for Green Bay's defense. If he does a 1 year deal at a team friendly price, it could work. Plus, he has returned punts. It certainly could put that much more pressure on the opposing defenses.

Honestly, I don't know if there is a free agent ILB who would be any more than camp competition/depth. A productive starter from the available list of LB's would be something.

The other positions that need fixing will just have to be fixed by 2nd and 3rd year guys on the team who have hopefully developed, and the draft and college free agency.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Ty Dunne @TY DUNNE'S TWITTER ACCOUNT

Another Packer to Minn RT @andysimms Congrats to client RB DuJuan Harris for signing a 1 year deal with the @Vikings today.

Ty Dunne @TY DUNNE'S TWITTER ACCOUNT

Another Packer to Minn RT @andysimms Congrats to client RB DuJuan Harris for signing a 1 year deal with the @Vikings today.
    ROFL! Why do they continuously do this?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    they have lots of film of our guys playing very well against them.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    they have lots of film of our guys playing very well against them.
    LOL

that is true

Bowe to the Browns? Who is throwing the ball there? Madness.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    In this case I have no idea...if there is no gaurenteed money he's just competing.

In the larger sense I think it's because Ted want to get rid of a guy a year too soon rather than a year too late. Since Minnesota is in the same division they have plenty of film.

Longwell worked fantastically.
    Jennings never matched production for salary but was good.
    Favre lead them to within a whisker of the Superbowl, similar to Rodgers and you guys last year. (sorry, couldn't resist).
    Sharper player very well, big contributor.....where is that guy now.....oh wait.....

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...9811&is_corp=1

Wilde takes it as fact that there was interest by the Packers in both Johnson and Harvin, so he doesn't rule Jennings out on that basis, though he thinks it unlikely.

However, both those mentions of FA seemed agent driven to accelerate visits or contract discussions. Johnson and Gore even said this week they wanted to team up if they could.

This is a long way of saying that Ian Rapaport was wrong about Packer interest in a vet WR.

Now that I said it, I expect Jennings signed by Sunday night.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...9811&is_corp=1

Wilde takes it as fact that there was interest by the Packers in both Johnson and Harvin, so he doesn't rule Jennings out on that basis, though he thinks it unlikely.

However, both those mentions of FA seemed agent driven to accelerate visits or contract discussions. Johnson and Gore even said this week they wanted to team up if they could.

This is a long way of saying that Ian Rapaport was wrong about Packer interest in a vet WR.

Now that I said it, I expect Jennings signed by Sunday night.
    If they have an interest in Jennings, it would seem to mean they have no expectations for Abbrederis. One of he and Janis would be excess baggage, and from MM's comments, it doesn't seem like it would be Janis. I can't see them keeping 6 WRs.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 15m15 minutes ago
    Panthers bring Greg Jennings in for a visit http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JIC

The normal people in charge of the Panthers offense must have been on vacation because this move actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If they have an interest in Jennings, it would seem to mean they have no expectations for Abbrederis. One of he and Janis would be excess baggage, and from MM's comments, it doesn't seem like it would be Janis. I can't see them keeping 6 WRs.
    I could see them keeping 6 if one or more of them are retuning kickoffs and/or punts. The kickoff return job is open with DuJuan Harris gone. They might want someone other than Cobb to team with Hyde on punt returns.

I could see them keeping 6 if one or more of them are retuning kickoffs and/or punts. The kickoff return job is open with DuJuan Harris gone. They might want someone other than Cobb to team with Hyde on punt returns.
    I endorsed that idea elsewhere as well, but I think Hyde would be in line for the punt returner job first.

I endorsed that idea elsewhere as well, but I think Hyde would be in line for the punt returner job first.
    Sure, but you need more than one punt returner. Because Hyde plays defense, there may be times you want someone else to return a punt, especially if Hyde had to run a long way on a 3rd down play. Hyde could also see his snap counts on defense increase this year with the exit of House and TWill. Last year Hyde and Cobb split the punt returns. I suspect they may be looking for someone to replace Cobb on punt returns because he is such an integral part of the offense, and now a very highly paid one. Besides, the last couple of years Cobb has been pretty pedestrian on punt returns.