Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Saints are 23 million over the cap. Really incredible some of the cap hits they have coming this year. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/

Yeah, Saints are doubly screwed because they aren't that good. They'll be rebuilding for a few years is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    With a $14.4 M$ Dead Cap number... Larry Fitzerald remains a Cardinal.

Also...he's still considered the face of that organization.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lti-year-deal/

Report: Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald closing in on multi-year deal

" No further details are offered, but it seems certain that the deal will significantly lower the cap hit from the $26.3 million figure that Fitzgerald carries under his current deal. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Yeah, Saints are doubly screwed because they aren't that good. They'll be rebuilding for a few years is my guess.
    This will be the Bears in five years.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Comment woodbuck27:

FA QB Josh McCown has been busy. last week he was in Buffalo for a cup of coffee and out.Now....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-get-together/

McCown, Fox (Bears) get together

Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2015, 9:06 AM EST

The Cleveland Browns are also reported interested in Josh McCown.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    This will be the Bears in five years.
    Well, yes, but when isn't this the case with Da Bears?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Well, yes, but when isn't this the case with Da Bears?
    Lately they had been managing their cap decently. Peppers was a cut because they didn't think his production matched his salary. If the Saints guy who is now the Bears GM comes in with that same mentality, the Bears have an even smaller window than they did with Emery and Lovie.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Lately they had been managing their cap decently. Peppers was a cut because they didn't think his production matched his salary. If the Saints guy who is now the Bears GM comes in with that same mentality, the Bears have an even smaller window than they did with Emery and Lovie.
    They have a window? A window to what?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    They have a window? A window to what?
    Realistically compete to get into the playoffs.

Does TT read Twitter?

Tweets & replies
    Photos & videos

TJ Lang @TJLang70 · 4h 4 hours ago

“@HeadHuntr01: @TJLang70 @jsitton71 Hey guys. Let's keep one of the best "O" lines together for 2015....Sign Brian B now."I'll get on it

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Does TT read Twitter?
    All the time.

M3 mentioned in his combine presser that he really wants Bulaga back and Bulaga wants to be back, but they are in "business season".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Florio just said he doesn't think Cobb will be back with the Packers. Cited the ability of rookie WR's to make an impact, and Rodgers' ability to get the most out of his receivers. I think he's wrong, but we'll see.

Florio just said he doesn't think Cobb will be back with the Packers. Cited the ability of rookie WR's to make an impact, and Rodgers' ability to get the most out of his receivers. I think he's wrong, but we'll see.
    How often has Thompson let one of his draft picks, who happens to be a bona-fide Pro Bowl caliber player, just leave town?

The cap has been relatively flat over the past 3-4 years...but it is poised to rise going forward. That makes the market a little harder to predict, which is why you see so few deals getting done before we hit the deadline. Players are content to let the market determine their fair value this year, because it is likely to be higher than what teams were willing to part with prior to the deadline.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I don't recall who posted it, but someone mentioned how young Cobb is even compared with guys drafted two and three years after him. He is one of our ascending players, and I don't think you just let him get away like that. It's a game of replacement, but not at this stage of the game for Cobb or the Packers. If Florio is right on, then I'll question the purpose of "draft and develop" if you don't end up giving a second contract to one of your very best players.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Florio is just doing what we all are capable of doing - engaging in pure conjecture. The fact that he gets paid for it is what we should really all be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I don't recall who posted it, but someone mentioned how young Cobb is even compared with guys drafted two and three years after him. He is one of our ascending players, and I don't think you just let him get away like that. It's a game of replacement, but not at this stage of the game for Cobb or the Packers. If Florio is right on, then I'll question the purpose of "draft and develop" if you don't end up giving a second contract to one of your very best players.
    I agree. I think Florio is wrong. Players TT drafts who turn out to be very good players always seem to get a second contract. They may not get a third. I think Cobb and Bulaga will be back. I'll be surprised if Tramon Williams is back.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Joe, I would totally sign up for that scenario. House might be ready for a step up, so then they would just need to find a young buck to take House's spot, and perhaps a higher round guy who would be good enough to play nickel corner right away, ala Hayward vs. drafting/signing a pure project like the 7th round kid who was a basketball player previously.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TT will make every attempt to sign Cobb and Bulaga, but nothing will happen until after the legal tampering period. They'll both want to see how much they are worth to other teams before signing, so we just have to wait. The only way Cobb or Bulaga aren't re-signed is if they really want to play somewhere else.

House wants to start, so the only way they bring him back is if Williams is gone.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Would you rather have House and TWill or Shields and House? Just curious. I guess I, too, prefer Shields, but I definitely feel we overpaid for him. Oh well...

Shields worries me. He has missed 13 regular season games in 5 years, and hasn't played a full season of games yet. Not that House has been any better, but they have a lot of money tied up in Shields.

Williams always seems to answer the bell, even when he has been beaten up. But, then there is that age thing..........