Thread: Suh a Packer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Suh in Seattle has a very solid chance of happening.
    If the Packers don't end up signing him, I hope Seattle gives him a ton of money, and they can be as cap constrained as Detroit was with his contract. I don't think Suh is giving discounts, I think he's looking for top dollar, so if you sign him, be prepared for him to have a big cap number. Not sure how that works out with the guys they signed last off-season, plus Wilson and Lynch to come, should he keep the Skittle parade going.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If the Packers don't end up signing him, I hope Seattle gives him a ton of money, and they can be as cap constrained as Detroit was with his contract. I don't think Suh is giving discounts, I think he's looking for top dollar, so if you sign him, be prepared for him to have a big cap number. Not sure how that works out with the guys they signed last off-season, plus Wilson and Lynch to come, should he keep the Skittle parade going.
    If he won't give discounts, I wonder what the top of the market for a DT is? The money Detroit had to pay him because of the hole they dug was a caricature of the city's problems. Like Bradford, he'll be working for a percentage of that next year, although for a different reason - DT franchise tag number was under $10M, less than half of what he made.

A deal that ends up paying him more than $15M/year would surprise me. I'd also guess the 'announced' contract will be ~ 5yr/$100M though.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    If he won't give discounts, I wonder what the top of the market for a DT is? The money Detroit had to pay him because of the hole they dug was a caricature of the city's problems. Like Bradford, he'll be working for a percentage of that next year, although for a different reason - DT franchise tag number was under $10M, less than half of what he made.

A deal that ends up paying him more than $15M/year would surprise me. I'd also guess the 'announced' contract will be ~ 5yr/$100M though.
    only 3 dts had a cap number averaging over 10 million last year. gerald mccoy, who got a new 7 year= 95 million dollar deal. suh, and geno atkins at 5 years, 53 million

no other dts make over 7.25 a year

so, i'm guessing he gets just over what mccoy got, probably 14 mil a year