Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Suh a Packer?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The defensive alignment Vs Seattle with 1st and 10 at our 35 that went for the game winning pass and catch for the Seahawks win was simply stupid 'D'.

For CB Tramon Williams to give the inside route to Seattle WR Jermaine Kearse and with no over the top backup ie from Sean Richardson was simply hard to believe.

It was a gift wrapped route for Wilson > Kearse.

Dom Capers should have been FIRED just for that.
    That Cover 0 blitz had been hugely effective in the second half of the season. It helped win the Cowboys game. Players need to execute.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That Cover 0 blitz had been hugely effective in the second half of the season. It helped win the Cowboys game. Players need to execute.
    Giving the down and the importance of the situation (the Super Bowl was at stake). I feel that more prudence in terms of protecting the middle against the pass was needed.

Yes ...... in all plays execution is important.

Yes ...... CB Tramon Williams screwed up allowing Seattle WR Jermaine Kearse the inside route. The sideline was TWill's friend.

He had to align himself 4-5 feet to his right. Force the route outside. As it turned out he was simply beaten by an easier throw for Russell Wilson than if Wilson had to toss it down along the sideline.

Some help over the top was also needed. The Packers gift wrapped that win for Seattle right there. Dom Capers should have been FIRED! He's too old to get it right.

Forever we put up with weakness and ST's.

Forever we witnessed MM's flaws in overall game management.

Forever we have to witness Dom Capers screw up !!!!!!

Mike McCarthy acts too slowly !

His boss is slower.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-17-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Everyone makes mistakes, and we don't even know what the mistake is in this case. Is Tramon playing the wrong technique? Is Richardson or one of the other short coverage guys supposed to be deep? Was it definitely a Cover 0 blitz? We don't know the call.

But if you fire someone because of the timing of an error, you are just looking for a scapegoat. Either Capers can still coach or he can't. One play shouldn't change that assessment.

His units have outperformed the offense at the end of the season two years in a row. I think McCarthy can coach. I think Capers still can as well.

Replacing him without knowing who the new guy will be is just wishful thinking.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think McCarthy can coach. I think Capers still can as well.
    ...and on the other hand, there was little indication that Slocum can coach. All aspects of ST have been agonizingly inconsistent for years, and prone to late season gaffes, not just this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ...and on the other hand, there was little indication that Slocum can coach. All aspects of ST have been agonizingly inconsistent for years, and prone to late season gaffes, not just this year.
    Agreed. Other that a brief glimpse of ingenuity and an uptick with Cobb in 2011, there was not much positive. His best players, Crosby and Masthay, both had big slumps that the coach seemed powerless to help as well.

Kickoff coverage was about the only team to improve and stay that way. And I think it improved all the way to average.
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-17-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Agreed. Other that a brief glimpse of ingenuity an an uptick with Cobb in 2011, there was not much positive. His best players, Crosby and Masthay, both had big slumps that the coach seemed powerless to help as well.

Kickoff coverage was about the only team to improve and stay that way. And I think it improved all the way to average.
    don't forget that with the crosby slump, he wasn't allowed to get help from outside the team

i remember the story of him wanting to work with an outside consultant to fix what was broken, but was told he wasn't allowed

that was a clear indication of the idiocy and arrogance on this coaching staff, imo