Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL Combine Thread

Official 2015 NFL Combine Thread

Starts February 17 Workouts start February 20.

http://www.nfl.com/combine

I'll be interested in the ILB's. Will guys like Eric Kendricks look strong enough to play inside? Will guys like McKinney and Perryman look like they have the agility to be 3 down players?

Should be exciting.

i'm interested in seeing some measurements

perryman to me looks very short on the field, much shorter then the 6'1 he's listed at

much like a few years back at training camp when i stoop next to nick barnett while he was in his cleats, and my 5'11 ass was looking down at his "6'2" self

i hope some other ILB's with better height and coverage skills step up. the top of the draft guys don't impress me at all

I've seen Perryman listed at 5-11 (CBS). NFL.com has him listed at 6-0. he could be a 1st round pick if he's anything over 6.

The combine measurements will be accurate. You can see them on nfl.com or nfldraftscout.com

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm interested in seeing some measurements

perryman to me looks very short on the field, much shorter then the 6'1 he's listed at

much like a few years back at training camp when i stoop next to nick barnett while he was in his cleats, and my 5'11 ass was looking down at his "6'2" self

i hope some other ILB's with better height and coverage skills step up. the top of the draft guys don't impress me at all
    What was his Combine height?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10426

Another top rated blocker who needs to turn in a good combine performance is Tyler Sambrailo. The Colorado State tackle struggled at times during the Senior Bowl and teams came away questioning his functional football strength. On the other hand his athleticism is not a concern (still remember watching as Sambrailo caught a touchdown pass last season). Sambrailo may not have the fastest forty time on Friday but check and see how his shuttle and 3-cone times stack up against the rest of the offensive linemen. There’s still a chance Sambrailo slides into the late part of round one. I previously posted on the Seattle Seahawks admiration for Sambrailo and now hear the Green Bay Packers are in the mix. The team could lose Bryan Bulaga via free agency in the coming weeks and the feeling is Sambrailo’s athleticism and ability to easily move around the field makes him a perfect fit for the Aaron Rodgers led Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    yuck

NO,to offensive line projects in the first round please

i'm liking the whole "trade out of the first" idea more and more the longer i look at this draft class

in fact, i wouldn't mind trading our first and second round picks for a couple of decent vets

and lets not forget, we have barclay who didn't do too bad last year in a starting role, if/when we lose bulaga

We also will be in the market for another TE in this draft with only Q and RichRod still around worth a darn.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What was his Combine height?
    Combine hasn't started yet. Starts tomorrow.

Combine hasn't started yet. Starts tomorrow.
    I think he meant Nick Barnett's combine height.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I think he meant Nick Barnett's combine height.
    Ah. 6-1 5/8

Ah. 6-1 5/8
    Then I will assume Red was drunk while at camp, standing next to Barnett. Or the guy he thought was Barnett in a 56 jersey.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Then I will assume Red was drunk while at camp, standing next to Barnett. Or the guy he thought was Barnett in a 56 jersey.
    NOPE, not drunk, very sober

and i towered over barnett, i was shocked, i was even checked to see if i was on a curb, or if he was on a bike

Don't forget there is a bit of play in the spine, and years of slamming your shoulders into other huge men *will* compress your discs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ons-40-record/

Mike Mayock: Three WRs could push Chris Johnson’s 40 record

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 16, 2015, 9:46 AM EST
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hey, thanks Mayock, now Dorsett won't be a sleeper anymore. Fucker.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...watch-sleepers

8 players ready to break out at the 2015 NFL Combine

By: Dan Kadar  @MockingTheDraft on Feb 13, 2015, 10:05 AM

Comment woodbuck27:

The article includes comments on a player where we have need:

TE Jesse James (Sandra Bullock may throw her hands in the air and scream..ohh No ...not another one? Can you see this fellas endorsement potential? He might make Clay Matthews jealous?

You'll find him here at NO. 83 at present. The top ranked TE is Max Williams and Draft Scouts has him ranked at NO. 35. If TT wants him and can trade down into the top of Round 2 he may be the first new Packer prospect selected?

TT should select a decent prospect at CB. The article projects that if this fella measures well in the Combine that he may move up about ten spots from where Draft Scout has him at present.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2015/CB

Draft Scouts NO. 75 Ranked prospect. DB Jacoby Glenn, Central Florida 6 ' - 0 " and 178 lbs Doesn't he need a little more muscle weight?

Drafttec has Jacoby Glenn slotted to go at NO. 106 in Round 4.

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round4.asp
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-17-2015 at 08:05 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...ombine-preview

2015 NFL Combine preview: 8 key storylines to know

By: Dan Kadar  @MockingTheDraft on Feb 16, 2015, 9:00 AM

Comment woodbuck27:

Now TT will be away at the Combine doing his favourite thing. Personally evaluating draft prospects.

The Franchise Tag period opens today.

Will Ted Thompson ensure that Randall Cobb remains a Packer with the Franchise Tag? I don't believe that TT will commit that much money (about $12.8 M$) to the WR position. Randall Cobb is rumored to be looking for $ 9 M$/year and every day this drags out until Mar. 9 will bother me. Randall Cobb may be smart desiring a short 2-3 year contract and as he's young. Wait for the big final contract as he should have loads of confidence that he'll prove upside.

Will it go (not down) like this?

TT will offer Randall Cobb about $7-7.5 M$ for 4 years with a guaranteed $15 M$. That won't thrill Randall Cobb and come March 10 he'll hit the market and get scooped up.

I really like Randal Cobb. He's such a good weapon and contributor in terms of the fact he's a zero distraction. I really want him to stay but TT has a way of stalling and I term that playing it too cute.

I'm reading and hearing stuff that informs me not to get my hopes too high and Randall Cobb remaining a Green Bay Packer. If I was Aaron Rodgers I'd be concerned. I'd be asking TT what his game is? Maybe Aaron Rodgers stays away from such stuff; but I lean on... "demonstrate some balls Aaron".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-primer/page/2

NFL Draft Combine 2015: Position-by-Position Primer

By Justis Mosqueda , Featured Columnist ....... Feb 17, 2015

I was reading something earlier this morning online - I can't seem to find it now - but it basically questioned the practicality of the Combine. The author questioned what good all of these measurements are for when the kids are wearing shorts. He suggested the participants should do the drills in pads, even the 40. Some of the stuff the prospects prepare for in this event are things they never will do again in a game.