Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An off season tailor made for Packer fans

An off season tailor made for Packer fans

If you developed a Packer fan "wish list" for the offseason (or at list a Packerrats wish list) Thompson and McCarthy have already checked off 3 of the most likely top 5 on the list. Namely:

- Slocum was fired (had to be #1 or #2 on the list, isn't it?)
    - Bostick was released
    - Jones was released.

Now, if they can just sign that Cobb fella and that Bulaga guy, they will have covered the top 5, won't they?

I know many want Hawk to follow Jones out the door, but realistically, wouldn't that be #6 on the list, behind the five discussed above?

I would think M^3 giving up playcalling was in there too. Or rather, becoming a better game manager that should be in reach now that he's given up playcalling.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

McCarthy was a great play caller, but here's hoping his affect on other parts of the team (and Clements ability to call plays) helps offset that.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I would think M^3 giving up playcalling was in there too. Or rather, becoming a better game manager that should be in reach now that he's given up playcalling.
    yup

and i'm sure firing capers was on many lists too

some of these changes are coming a few years too late though

What to do with Hawk? I hate to see him go, but he has lost a step or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    What to do with Hawk? I hate to see him go, but he has lost a step or two.
    What to do with Hawk - operate and fix his ailing ankle. Then, bring him back to camp, and see if he has any use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What to do with Hawk - operate and fix his ailing ankle. Then, bring him back to camp, and see if he has any use at all.
    Apparently he already has had the operation to remove bone spurs. Did the Packers break league rules by not having Hawk listed on the injury report? http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Did the Packers break league rules by not having Hawk listed on the injury report?
    unless there are some protesting agitators, no one will care.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Apparently he already has had the operation to remove bone spurs. Did the Packers break league rules by not having Hawk listed on the injury report? http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html
    maybe

Doubt it. They aren't obligated to report every bump, bruise or pain. Only if it limits them in practice, or might limit their availability for the next game.

Now if TT gets a few known free agents, we will know we are for sure in bizarro Packer land.

I never like it when they do what we demand.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I never like it when they do what we demand.
    Yup. Had they listened to the demands of fans, Rodgers might have become the Viking QB, not Favre.

Blog Entries
    1. Sign Cobb
    2. Sign Bulaga
    3. Cut Jones
    4. Cut Hawk
    5. Upgrade ILB
    6. Fire Campen

Cutting Bostick is down the list for me. It's a good move but keeping him off the field in game defining situations would suffice. He might become serviceable as a receiving threat some day.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    1. Sign Cobb
    2. Sign Bulaga
    3. Cut Jones
    4. Cut Hawk
    5. Upgrade ILB
    6. Fire Campen

Cutting Bostick is down the list for me. It's a good move but keeping him off the field in game defining situations would suffice. He might become serviceable as a receiving threat some day.
    Slocum wasn't on your list?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Slocum wasn't on your list?
    Oops. I meant 6. Fire Slocum. Yeah Slocum was on my list for sure. Campen can stay yet.

If Hawk didn't report it, then probably not.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    McCarthy was a great play caller, but here's hoping his affect on other parts of the team (and Clements ability to call plays) helps offset that.
    this

Was Peyton Manning ever on an injury list about his thigh last year?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    1. Sign Cobb
    2. Sign Bulaga
    3. Cut Jones
    4. Cut Hawk
    5. Upgrade ILB
    6. Fire Campen

Yeah, lets fire the guy who's charges were one of the top lines in the league last year.