Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Melvin Gordon

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Melvin Gordon

How can you pass on this guy if he is available? Him, with Lacy and this offense would be impossible to stop.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    How can you pass on this guy if he is available? Him, with Lacy and this offense would be impossible to stop.
    Would have to give him serious consideration if still available, I just don't think he lasts that long.

It's a passing league, and you have arguably the best QB. I don't think having 2 outstanding RB's is that much better than having 1. And that's assuming Gordon will turn out to be significantly better than outstanding Wisconsin RB's from the past.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    He would be the best player available if he lasted until #30, but he likely won't. I don't see him making it past #17 (San Diego) or #24 (Arizona). If they did somehow get Gordon, wow. He compares favorably to Jamaal Charles, and would likely make the Packers quickly forget about DuJuan Harris. Another thought, if he lasts that long, someone might want to jump into the first round and get him and that could be one of the early second round teams, ala Jordy Nelson 2008.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    A guy like Gordon doesn't come around often, I say draft him and have one of the best prospects in years.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

we need d (ilb or keep cm in the middle and get an olb) in the first rnd!

A guy like Gordon doesn't come around often, I say draft him and have one of the best prospects in years.
    Lots to be said about "Can't Miss!" prospects, *cough cough* Reggie Bush *cough cough* Trent Richardson.

These guys, if nothing else, is why he's very likely to be there when the Pack picks, and why they should take a pass.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    we need d (ilb or keep cm in the middle and get an olb) in the first rnd!
    If Gordon is still there at #30 and no first round talented LBer is there don't be surprised if Ted takes him. He took Rodgers at #24 in 2005 when QB wasn't a pressing need. But I'll be surprised if Melvin is still there when we pick.

Reggie Bush was a good player for a few years. He's just not an all purpose back. Richardson doesn't look too hot...

I'm pleased to see the positive comments about Gordon here. The other forum where I post, a lot of people disparage the idea of drafting Gordon. I see him as being a once in a generation player - a legitimate superstar in the NFL. It will be a damn shame to see him go to anybody but the Packers - which almost certainly will happen.

Gurley's a better prospect, or would be for not his injury and still might go first. That said, Gordon is a monster.

Gordon is the best pure runner in the draft...but I would rather see us nab a 3rd down type back with speed and great hands out of the backfield. That is what we need...not another workhorse.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Its hard to say there are once in a generation running backs out of Wisconsin, since they all produce like nobody's business in college. But he is the best of the bunch so far.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Gordon is there when the Packers are on the clock, TT should absolutely take........the best deal he gets in a trade from someone who needs a running back.

Lacy has shown in two years that he needs carries to be most effective. Getting 10 or so a game won't do it. I think Gordon could be the same. Lacy and Gordon on the same team could be a situation where the total is less than the sum of the parts. I think they might make each other less effective, rather than more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If Gordon is still there at #30 and no first round talented LBer is there don't be surprised if Ted takes him. He took Rodgers at #24 in 2005 when QB wasn't a pressing need. But I'll be surprised if Melvin is still there when we pick.
    I think QB was a pressing need in 2005. Favre was turning 36 and had openly talked about retirement. Providing his replacement wouldn't be a one year deal. It was definitely time to get one. Heck, Sherman admitted the year before that he would have taken Losman in the first round if the Bills hadn't traded up to get him. (We should all send thank-you cards to the Bills. Favors like that should never be forgotten!)

Blog Entries
    I'm calling Melvin Gordon to Indy
    That would be a GREAT FIT for both parties

We could call the combo Luecky Gordon
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Hi I am a Badger fan and a Packer fan and I loved watching Gordon run but last yr he started fumbling way to much every one complained about finly but he has better hands than Gordon at least Gordon can make it up in college in a few plays I am afraid in the pros he might not get that chance and get benched.

He won't last to Indy. The Cowpokes pick before them.

Blog Entries
    If Dallas throws big bucks at Murray they will pass. He might not last to Indy though
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Cowpokes will throw money at Bryant.