Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    Hi I am a Badger fan and a Packer fan and I loved watching Gordon run but last yr he started fumbling way to much every one complained about finly but he has better hands than Gordon at least Gordon can make it up in college in a few plays I am afraid in the pros he might not get that chance and get benched.
    Welcome back. Did you get lost three years ago?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm not sold on Gordon at all. He runs behind a mammoth OL and against a bunch of really slow Big 10 defenses. It will be a different story in the NFL, and if he cannot break off the long runs several times a game I'm not sure how much he can add. GB doesn't need a second running back, it needs help on defense, more depth at WR, and if possible a TE who can take attention away from Nelson. Pass on Gordon.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I'm not sold on Gordon at all. He runs behind a mammoth OL and against a bunch of really slow Big 10 defenses..
    Like Ohio State?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If only Trent Richardson were available again at #2 - I'd take him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gordon is fantastic but there is no need to have him and Lacy. Bigger needs elsewhere.
    Go PACK

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I'm not sold on Gordon at all. He runs behind a mammoth OL and against a bunch of really slow Big 10 defenses. It will be a different story in the NFL, and if he cannot break off the long runs several times a game I'm not sure how much he can add. GB doesn't need a second running back, it needs help on defense, more depth at WR, and if possible a TE who can take attention away from Nelson. Pass on Gordon.
    That's what the RB from Auburn said before the Bowl game. He said if Gordon played against SEC Ds he wouldn't have gotten the yardage.

Melvin put up 251 yards against Auburn and had put up 140 against LSU in a half earlier in the year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Bowl game wins are the best.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    He compares favorably to Jamaal Charles, and would likely make the Packers quickly forget about DuJuan Harris.
    What's a DuJuan Harris?

As much as I like Gordon, I agree with Patler, take the trade if he's still there. We have bigger needs and frankly, I'm good with Lacy and Starks in the backfield.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

If he's there at 30, you pass on him by trading down for someone who really want's him. Worked well when Monte Ball was available.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If he's there at 30, you pass on him by trading down for someone who really want's him. Worked well when Monte Ball was available.
    The only way you trade down there is if there is no NT or ILB worth taking at #30 left on your board. From all accounts this is a good year for D linemen, especially tackles.

There's no way Gordie drops, but if he did, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Lacy=concussions all the time. I see a very short career, maybe three more years, with lots of missed games. Gordie would be a huge upgrade over the Stark plug and would provide the third down dynamism of the refrigerator delivery guy's high school friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There's no way Gordie drops, but if he did, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Lacy=concussions all the time. I see a very short career, maybe three more years, with lots of missed games. Gordie would be a huge upgrade over the Stark plug and would provide the third down dynamism of the refrigerator delivery guy's high school friend.
    Another issue with Lacy is his asthma which is aggravated by cold weather. I too think he'd be a major upgrade over Starks. But I don't think he'll be there at 30 either.

It's pronounced Gore-Dahn

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    It's pronounced Gore-Dahn
    Thanks, LeRoy!

Thanks, LeRoy!
    So long at A aron gets it right in the huddle
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    If only Trent Richardson were available again at #2 - I'd take him.
    He will be available and at this point is playing like #2.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries

What Auburn thought as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

From JSO and Dunne: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...293766851.html

So while Ohio State cornerback Doran Grant describes Gordon as "very athletic, very loose," a "long-strider" who can stretch the field any given moment, he also knows he's not unstoppable.

"We just built a wall up front," Grant said, "and made him go east and west and he couldn't get upfield."
    Because if there is one catch to Gordon's game, this is it. His propensity to bounce outside. On 19.2% of his runs, according to NFL.com, Gordon was stuffed for zero or negative yards.

I don't think our offensive line is the right situation for him.

This sounds impressive:
    In Indianapolis, Gordon measured 6-foot-1, 215 pounds with 32 3/8-inch arms and 9 3/4-inch hands. His 4.52 seconds in the 40 was fifth best at his position. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 19 times. Maybe most telling, his 20-yard shuttle was second (4.07 seconds) and his 60-yard shuttle (11 seconds flat) was the best the event has seen at running back the last 10 years.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...293766851.html