Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Bostick In His Own Words

Brandon Bostick In His Own Words

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/26/brando...e-onside-kick/

“I got this guy, you got this guy,” Quarless said. “You know your assignment?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I got this.”

I was supposed to block for Jordy Nelson, who was right behind me. We had practiced this dozens if not hundreds of times before. But when the ball appeared in front of me, just floating in the air, my mind went blank. I forgot everything I was supposed to do. It’s not that CenturyLink Field was too loud, or that I crumbled under the pressure of the situation. Instinct just kicked in. The ball was in front of me and I wanted to grab it. I jumped up, I reached for it … and my life changed forever.
    When Earnest Byner calls to offer encouragement (kudos to him btw), its going to be a rough offseason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Nothing could be finer
    Than a call from Earnest Byner
    When you're mourning.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Has the TE coach been fired yet?
    C.H.U.D.

Burn in hell!

i feel for the guy but he had to go. death threats btw are over-the-top ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Nothing could be finer
    Than a call from Earnest Byner
    When you're mourning.
    not bad.

The guy deserves to not have a job in the NFL. He knew what he was supposed to do...and decided to just not do it and be a glory hog.

Death threats are ridiculous. People who stoop to that level deserve a one way ticket to Syria...so they can learn up close what a death threat really is, and why it is no joking matter.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

In my opinion, the Packers did him a favor by releasing him. Best to try and restart your career somewhere else. Or find a new line of work.

Reading this turned my stomach.

Black dark rotten stinking stupid shit !!

Who in FUCK in their loss of decency and common sense would make 'death threats' to this suffering man??

Jaysus, Mary and joseph that pisses me off.

They should be tracked down (Puter IP address) and prosecuted ) put the Fucker Packer fans (who are a total disgrace to Packer Nation) in the slammer.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I've been hearing that Bostick has had problems all season long understanding his assignments at TE. Reportedly, that's why he wasn't playing on offense. It kinda makes you wonder why a guy with such learning problems was still on the team the last day of the season! We didn't have anyone any better on the practice squad? Who makes these crazy decisions?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    take it easy there hoss. Bostick isn't all that bad.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Reading this turned my stomach.

Who in FUCK in their loss of decency and common sense would make 'death threats' to this suffering man??

Jaysus, Mary and joseph that pisses me off.

They should be tracked down (Puter IP address) and prosecuted ) put the Fucker Packer fans (who are a total disgrace to Packer Nation) in the slammer.
    It is horrible that someone has to suffer death threats over a game and is not acceptable.

You do understand that "fan" is short for fanatic.

fa-nat-ic noun

1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

adjective

2. fanatical.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I've been hearing that Bostick has had problems all season long understanding his assignments at TE. Reportedly, that's why he wasn't playing on offense. It kinda makes you wonder why a guy with such learning problems was still on the team the last day of the season! We didn't have anyone any better on the practice squad? Who makes these crazy decisions?
    It wasn't just the last day of the season, it was the last day of his third season with the Packers (1 on PS, two on the regular roster). It does make you wonder, especially when you read that Quarless apparently saw the need to check on him:

“I got this guy, you got this guy,” Quarless said. “You know your assignment?”
    They cut Ryan Taylor in October and kept Bostick, even though they didn't trust Bostick enough to put him on the field. Taylor isn't as athletic as Bostick, but seemed to know enough to play. I bet they wish they had him instead of Bostick in Seattle.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They cut Ryan Taylor in October and kept Bostick, even though they didn't trust Bostick enough to put him on the field. Taylor isn't as athletic as Bostick, but seemed to know enough to play. I bet they wish they had him instead of Bostick in Seattle.
    I remember I was mystified when they cut Taylor because he had the rep of being a good ST guy. I think I even commented on it here at PR.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It does make you wonder, especially when you read that Quarless apparently saw the need to check on him
    That is why Slocum had to be fired. It doesn't matter if he spent 3 hours before that play detailing exactly what Bostick needed to do. I'm sure Slocum did his job just fine in terms of having the play drawn up correctly and understanding the dynamics of the play. Coaching is more about identifying when and where to use the players you have than in drawing Xs and Os on the blackboard.

Bostick appears to be a guy who had a history of not doing what he should know to do. Slocum was the one responsible to recognize this and say "No mas" but unfortunately, Slocum suffered from some of the same deficiencies as Bostick. It was a perfect storm of utter incompetence.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Its not always the position coach's call about who is on the unit. Thompson kept Bostick over Taylor and M3 has assign players to the unit. As a TE, he is going to be on the hands team.

The question for Slocum, Zook and M3 is, would another approach have benefitted Bostick?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

The question for Slocum, Zook and M3 is, would another approach have benefitted Bostick?
    I recall stories of unconventional methods used with Shields. Maybe it really was just a kind of irreparable character flaw. But hey, TT MIGHT improve!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It is horrible that someone has to suffer death threats over a game and is not acceptable.

You do understand that "fan" is short for fanatic.

fa-nat-ic noun

1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

adjective

2. fanatical.
    Yes 'of course' ThunderDan but if Bostick has proof of said death threats as it is in my country and pursuant to his obligation as a person and citizen:

he would have such person (s) taken to task to the letter of the law.

Personally if it was me.

I'd nail his their ass's. Such creeps need to suffer the exact nature of their creepiness.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    take it easy there hoss. Bostick isn't all that bad.
    Generally here....... 'the simple clown'.

Every group has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The ST coach who also got canned?