Thread: prisco grades all 32 teams on free agency, only one team got an A

prisco grades all 32 teams on free agency, only one team got an A

Not everyone agrees:

Ben Muth @FO_wordofmuth ยท 12h 12 hours ago
    I'm over how people fetishize Green Bays refusal to use free agency. They have the best player on the planet & have made 1 super bowl w/him

I find it odd that he thinks people fetishize the approach. While he has come in for much more regard the last few years, most commentators are still baffled by the near refusal to pay large sums to other team's FA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

so what moves does Muth think we should have made?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    What in the blue hell is a Ben Muth?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Former Stanford lineman who writes for Football Outsiders on line play. Happened to write the best X and O article about the 579 debacle and how the 49ers blocking schemes ruined the Packer D.

I am not sure who or what he is critiquing (those that fetishize), so its hard to discern what he prefers or doesn't like. But he isn't a knucklehead, so my guess is that the positive coverage the Packers got for retaining Cobb and Bulaga (and the lack of previously ubiquitous sniping over Ted ignoring FA) lead him to believe people thought that Ted's way was infallible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Packers made the moves that they felt would make their team better -- cut some guys who were underperforming, let the coach of a chronically underperforming unit go, and re-aligned some of the management duties in an attempt at improving their in-game decisionmaking.

FAs just didn't factor into their plans this year so far, but they made several big moves on other fronts in an attempt to improve the team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.