Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raji looks to be back

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Don't they have to sign a loyalty oath?
    Only if you were with the CIA and not the CID.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    myself and others said as soon as he re signed with us, that he would find a way to get on the IR so he wouldn't have to do anything but collect pay checks, like he did the previous few years

it was very ironic, when he managed to get injured for the year during preseason

i hope the team did al the MRI's that they could to make sure it was actually torn
    Nah, they just took his word for it Red. Sometimes I think you don't even read what you write. You would make a great MLB closer though...short memory.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Anyone who thinks Raji tried deliberately to get injured last year is a moron.

i hope the team did al the MRI's that they could to make sure it was actually torn
    They did more than that, they cut open his arm to reattach the tendon.

http://host.madison.com/sports/footb...e7444153e.html

Don't ever let those inconvenient things called details get in the way of ineffectual, subjective pissing and moaning, Patler!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They did more than that, they cut open his arm to reattach the tendon.

http://host.madison.com/sports/footb...e7444153e.html
    CGI

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Raji? Not a vet minimum contract in 2014. He signed a 1 year deal worth $4 million, and I think got all but $300,000 of it which was a bonus for being on the game day rosters. Should have collected $3.7 miliion while on IR, I think.
    I sit corrected.

CGI
    Penn and Teller used to do a spoof of voodoo surgery* and yank chicken livers out of people, claiming that the tissue was the infestation/tumor and that they were now cured.

Maybe that's what Dr. McKenzie has been doing all this time.

* psychic surgery
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-01-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

RIP Andy Kauffman

He strikes me more as a moody, emotional kind of player that a coach has to work overtime with and be creative with to inspire to consistently play at a high level.
    So like most of my employees, you and the rest of the people we all work with?

That's why they're employees. If they had the drive, they'd be cutting the checks.

I know it's different with a football player, but our entire workforce is made up of this attitude.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    So like most of my employees, you and the rest of the people we all work with?

That's why they're employees. If they had the drive, they'd be cutting the checks.

I know it's different with a football player, but our entire workforce is made up of this attitude.
    but it varies in degree. I assume you know some people who are less moody and more self-motivated?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

but it varies in degree. I assume you know some people who are less moody and more self-motivated?
    Sure, but even our "stars" need pushing... especially the sales guy that's making more than he's ever made before. Obviously more talented than most of our team, but he still has challenges 'managing his own success' (MM tm).

All our sales team is paid based on performance, they all make six figures minimum... three times this year we've thrown out a simple $500 cash bonus to each salesguy if we can hit $500k for the week and every time they hit it. No other weeks have we done 500k this year. It was a bit of a trial from a mgmt perspective, but it's disheartening to think we need to pay them even more for short term motivation when their next quarter salary could go up/down 10-20k based on their previous quarter. They're just not capable of looking that far ahead it seems. These are sales people, generally the most ambitious self-starters in any company. You can only imagine the challenges we have with office staff punching clocks.

As far as moodiness goes-- there's definitely some that need more coddling and encouragement than others. I don't see BJ Raji as one of these guys. He did choose to stick around with the team all season when many wouldn't in that situation.

Mission, can you get me a phone interview? :O

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't see BJ Raji as one of these guys.
    OK
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

OK
    Feel free to explain why you obviously think otherwise.

At this point the Packers need a NT. If Raji will take a minimum contract, possibly with a decent game day active roster bonus, then why not? If he demands more, let someone else take the risk.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Feel free to explain why you obviously think otherwise.
    because two years ago, after green bay insulted him with just a 8 million a year offer, his play trailed waaaay off, and he looked like he was moving at full speed, and acting like he couldn't wait to get out of green bay, injury free

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    At this point the Packers need a NT. If Raji will take a minimum contract, possibly with a decent game day active roster bonus, then why not? If he demands more, let someone else take the risk.
    i said the same thing last year, but no one wanted him, so we threw 4 million at him

there were no reports or rumors anywhere about anyone else wanting him

because two years ago, after green bay insulted him with just a 8 million a year offer, his play trailed waaaay off, and he looked like he was moving at full speed, and acting like he couldn't wait to get out of green bay, injury free
    Your contention is that he was so insulted, he didn't sign the insulting offer and then sulked his way to play worse, in order to secure an even worse contract?

You are basically arguing he is self destructive, worse than Finley?

McGinn's 2013 grade on Raji references the fact that Raji felt he did what he was asked to do, but also points our Raji's lack of productivity. I think Raji is still young enough to turn this around if he feels he has a role that capitalizes on his skills,

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...239782291.html

.J. Raji: The extension averaging $8 million per year that was on the table for some time is off the table now. The Packers still want Raji back, but given his dreadful production it's possible now that he'll return at a much lower rate. What worries some scouts is they say Raji's motor ran so hot and cold even in a contract year. They wonder what will happen after he gets paid. Raji insists he was only following orders to two-gap and protect the ILBs. In 2013, he functioned almost like a sumo wrestler. Raji ranked last on the D-line in tackles per snap (one every 16.4) and was fourth in pressures per snap (one every 87.3). In 2010, his best year, he registered a pressure every 32.4 snaps. Still, at 27, some teams might be extremely interested in him on the unrestricted market because 338-pounders with his athleticism are few and far between. Grade: C-minus.
    I thought Raji looked pretty motivated in the preseason last year. He was playing well before he got hurt.