Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raji looks to be back

I think Raji...if he can stay healthy...will be a key contributor to the defense next season. He will have plenty to play for, because this is his last shot at getting a payday.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

FAT, LAZY, and STUPID is no way to go through life son

complete waste of money, some day TT will figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I think Raji...if he can stay healthy...will be a key contributor to the defense next season. He will have plenty to play for, because this is his last shot at getting a payday.
    2 years ago was his last shot at a big payday, he took a shit on the season, and the team

then for some reason we gave him another last chance last year (myself and others predicted he would be "injured" before the season started), he shit all over that season

why even give him a third "last shot"?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    It's like an episode of 'Gilligan's Island.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

No brainer. I'm sure he didn't cost much. Going into last season, I thought he'd get back to the good player that he was a couple of years (motivation, moving to NT). It looked like that would be the case, but unfortunately he got injured.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Not impressed, I hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    2 years ago was his last shot at a big payday, he took a shit on the season, and the team

then for some reason we gave him another last chance last year (myself and others predicted he would be "injured" before the season started), he shit all over that season

why even give him a third "last shot"?
    When your lost in the woods even a can of sardines is a welcome feast.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

IMO Raji is not a good DE but he's a better NT than Guion. We have no clue what will become of Guion's legal trouble. Most of the time rookie NTs take a while to figure it all out. If we let both Raji walk and Guion is in jail then we have huge hole in the middle of the defense on both the line and the LBing corps. Raji isn't going to cost an arm and a leg and is good insurance in the middle there. I do believe Ted will draft another NT this spring.

So a guy who gets hurt and is on IR shits all over last season? I'd call a true lazy bones like Cletius Hunt a guy who shit all over his last season instead.

He was said to be dominating camp by the beat writers during this round of reports. I don't remember reading "dominating" at the time, but best lineman in camp was definitely tossed around.

Unlike some other prospects (who have yet to perform at an elite level), Raji has done it. He just needs to do it again.

I don't think the bicep injury is a part of fat, lazy or stupid.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    So a guy who gets hurt and is on IR shits all over last season? I'd call a true lazy bones like Cletius Hunt a guy who shit all over his last season instead.
    myself and others said as soon as he re signed with us, that he would find a way to get on the IR so he wouldn't have to do anything but collect pay checks, like he did the previous few years

it was very ironic, when he managed to get injured for the year during preseason

i hope the team did al the MRI's that they could to make sure it was actually torn

myself and others said as soon as he re signed with us, that he would find a way to get on the IR so he wouldn't have to do anything but collect pay checks, like he did the previous few years

it was very ironic, when he managed to get injured for the year during preseason

i hope the team did al the MRI's that they could to make sure it was actually torn
    I highly doubt he snuck a torn biceps by the team all year
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I highly doubt he snuck a torn biceps by the team all year
    to me, raji seems like the type that would spend 10 times more energy trying not to play, then he would if he just played

we all know that type of worker. spends 10 hours a day tying to figure out how not to work

we all know that type of worker. spends 10 hours a day tying to figure out how not to work
    Yet he stuck around all last year...even when he wouldn't contribute a lick?

If he didn't want to work, why did he stick around? That doesn't align with your assessment of his work ethic.

Raji never struck me as overly lazy. No...he's not a guy who is going to show up first and leave last either...I get that. However, Raji can be a contributor...and with the motivation of one last shot at a payday, I think he'll be just that.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

to me, raji seems like the type that would spend 10 times more energy trying not to play, then he would if he just played

He strikes me more as a moody, emotional kind of player that a coach has to work overtime with and be creative with to inspire to consistently play at a high level.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I would vehemently disagree with red about the ability of a player to "pretend" to have a bicep injury or to go "Colonel Flagg" and give himself the injury, AND THEN sneak it by the doctors and trainers.

I would do this, if Charles Johnson wasn't on the Vikings.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

You seriously believe he tried to get injured during the preseason? Nonsense. He signed a vet minimum contract with hopes of playing into a big payday. Going on IR isn't gonna get you that big payday from anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would vehemently disagree with red about the ability of a player to "pretend" to have a bicep injury or to go "Colonel Flagg" and give himself the injury, AND THEN sneak it by the doctors and trainers.

I would do this, if Charles Johnson wasn't on the Vikings.

That's how Bert got out of New York!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    You seriously believe he tried to get injured during the preseason? Nonsense. He signed a vet minimum contract with hopes of playing into a big payday. Going on IR isn't gonna get you that big payday from anybody.
    Raji? Not a vet minimum contract in 2014. He signed a 1 year deal worth $4 million, and I think got all but $300,000 of it which was a bonus for being on the game day rosters. Should have collected $3.7 miliion while on IR, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would vehemently disagree with red about the ability of a player to "pretend" to have a bicep injury or to go "Colonel Flagg" and give himself the injury.
    Don't they have to sign a loyalty oath?