Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raji looks to be back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    CGI
    Penn and Teller used to do a spoof of voodoo surgery* and yank chicken livers out of people, claiming that the tissue was the infestation/tumor and that they were now cured.

Maybe that's what Dr. McKenzie has been doing all this time.

* psychic surgery
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-01-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He was said to be dominating camp by the beat writers during this round of reports. I don't remember reading "dominating" at the time, but best lineman in camp was definitely tossed around.

Unlike some other prospects (who have yet to perform at an elite level), Raji has done it. He just needs to do it again.

I don't think the bicep injury is a part of fat, lazy or stupid.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I would vehemently disagree with red about the ability of a player to "pretend" to have a bicep injury or to go "Colonel Flagg" and give himself the injury, AND THEN sneak it by the doctors and trainers.

I would do this, if Charles Johnson wasn't on the Vikings.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would vehemently disagree with red about the ability of a player to "pretend" to have a bicep injury or to go "Colonel Flagg" and give himself the injury, AND THEN sneak it by the doctors and trainers.

I would do this, if Charles Johnson wasn't on the Vikings.

That's how Bert got out of New York!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would vehemently disagree with red about the ability of a player to "pretend" to have a bicep injury or to go "Colonel Flagg" and give himself the injury.
    Don't they have to sign a loyalty oath?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Don't they have to sign a loyalty oath?
    Only if you were with the CIA and not the CID.

Anyone who thinks Raji tried deliberately to get injured last year is a moron.

Don't ever let those inconvenient things called details get in the way of ineffectual, subjective pissing and moaning, Patler!

RIP Andy Kauffman

Mission, can you get me a phone interview? :O

At this point the Packers need a NT. If Raji will take a minimum contract, possibly with a decent game day active roster bonus, then why not? If he demands more, let someone else take the risk.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    At this point the Packers need a NT. If Raji will take a minimum contract, possibly with a decent game day active roster bonus, then why not? If he demands more, let someone else take the risk.
    i said the same thing last year, but no one wanted him, so we threw 4 million at him

there were no reports or rumors anywhere about anyone else wanting him

McGinn's 2013 grade on Raji references the fact that Raji felt he did what he was asked to do, but also points our Raji's lack of productivity. I think Raji is still young enough to turn this around if he feels he has a role that capitalizes on his skills,

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...239782291.html

.J. Raji: The extension averaging $8 million per year that was on the table for some time is off the table now. The Packers still want Raji back, but given his dreadful production it's possible now that he'll return at a much lower rate. What worries some scouts is they say Raji's motor ran so hot and cold even in a contract year. They wonder what will happen after he gets paid. Raji insists he was only following orders to two-gap and protect the ILBs. In 2013, he functioned almost like a sumo wrestler. Raji ranked last on the D-line in tackles per snap (one every 16.4) and was fourth in pressures per snap (one every 87.3). In 2010, his best year, he registered a pressure every 32.4 snaps. Still, at 27, some teams might be extremely interested in him on the unrestricted market because 338-pounders with his athleticism are few and far between. Grade: C-minus.
    I thought Raji looked pretty motivated in the preseason last year. He was playing well before he got hurt.

I am in complete favor of bringing Raji back. You'll get him for a reasonable amount, and he can be very productive as a penetrating NT in the current system, which he has yet to play in.

It's a great fit. Do it, Ted!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Yoop, Max, and Mission you are all correct: I am in research, often not funded, and usually royally screwed, probably because I am unmotivated to explain myself (lack of publications).

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yoop, Max, and Mission you are all correct: I am in research, often not funded, and usually royally screwed, probably because I am unmotivated to explain myself (lack of publications).
    My next guesses were trust fund kicking in at age 50 or moist towelette heir.

i would have guessed conservative radio talk show host

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i would have guessed conservative radio talk show host
    I have the looks for it

Didn't we already know Raji was black?

So is this a 1 year / 2 mil deal? Even that sounds rich, but I thought 4mil last year was too. Can't see them paying anymore than that for basically a guy who hasn't done anything in two years.