Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seahawks Targeting Tramontana

Originally I didn't think Tramon would be back. But when I hear that he wants a 3-4 year deal at 5 mil per and the Packers are offering a 2 year deal at 4 mil per, that sounds close enough that they should be able to work out a deal. Especially since Tramon has made it clear he'd like to stay in Green Bay.

That is something to remember. The leaks about team intentions are coming from agents, who have a vested interest in driving up the market by generating (sometimes puffed up) interest from multiple teams.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dear TT and TWill,

Just get the damn contract done and signed already. That is all.

Sincerely,

Joemailman

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    MM put them into counting possessions mindset. I fully believe that. They were both playing soft as shit against him, avoiding the "big play". And as I have said, once you start playing that way, it takes until next sunday to get it back. House on the other hand came in cold and hungry.
    probably your best post in months.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ok so shit. SCREW the Seahawks. There's no damn way he gets to go to Seattle as what a fight for NO. 2 CB behind Richard Sherman ...... and now on then other side.

Compromise TT. 2 Years at 5 million. 6 Million guaranteed.

We cannot afford to lose a CB.

Sign him already Mr. Thompson.

Even if he's up and down where does TT want to be at that position entering the DRAFT?

PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

[QUOTE=woodbuck27;830866]Even if he's up and down where does TT want to be at that position entering the DRAFT?/QUOTE]

Obviously he has no plan, which has been proven time and time again by those like you who wail and lament his careless, uncalculated decisions which have led this team to ruin season after season. Excellent post.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I'd think 2/7 fully gtd with some escalators that could boost his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I'd think 2/7 fully gtd with some escalators that could boost his salary.
    I think they were offering $4 mil per earlier. Not sure about guarantee.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The longer this plays out, the more I think TWill isn't coming back. The CB FA market is bare. Culliver - the last remaining FA CB that I would have been good with signing, signed with the Redskins on Friday. There is no one else out there worth a damn IMO. If TT wanted TWill back, I'd think he'd be back by now. OR maybe TWill is butt hurt and doesn't want to come back.

Letting House go and regardless if Twill is signed back or not - You can bet TT is taking a CB early in April.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    The longer this plays out, the more I think TWill isn't coming back. The CB FA market is bare. Culliver - the last remaining FA CB that I would have been good with signing, signed with the Redskins on Friday. There is no one else out there worth a damn IMO. If TT wanted TWill back, I'd think he'd be back by now. OR maybe TWill is butt hurt and doesn't want to come back.

Letting House go and regardless if Twill is signed back or not - You can bet TT is taking a CB early in April.
    so you think corner will be the #1 pick? Who will it be?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm biased in Twill's favor. INTs in the 2010 playoffs and then 2013 the guy turns around the playoff game versus SF with his INT and then goes after Kapernick during the return. I love his competitiveness. Plus, he tackled a whole lot better second half of 2014. It's worth a little more to have a guy like that on the team. Unless of course, he just can't go anymore.

I'd like to see the Packers get Byron Jones from Uconn. He's their kinda guy. Tons of experience as a starter and leader; height and speed measurables. Might get priced out of the market if he's too fast at pro day. Injury may drop value...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    so you think corner will be the #1 pick? Who will it be?
    Could be. When I say early, I'm thinking 1st - 3rd rounds. A lot depends on who's available. But, TT has ignored positions that we all thought he would target in the draft, so who knows.

Could be. When I say early, I'm thinking 1st - 3rd rounds. A lot depends on who's available. But, TT has ignored positions that we all thought he would target in the draft, so who knows.
    good points. And I was poking you a bit. I think the draft starts on April 30, so only the first round is in April, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    good points. And I was poking you a bit. I think the draft starts on April 30, so only the first round is in April, no?
    Ah ha - didn't realize the draft was at the very end April.

Good one.

even if we lose Twill

i'm not sure we're all that desperate for a CB. we got shields, he's paid as a #1, then the team is pretty high on both hyde and hayward.

we need depth, but i don't know if we need top of the draft talent.

i think we will have enough of a need, where if a player drops and he's good value for the position we could take him, unlike, say QB.

but IMO, its not a massive must need priority

its not like ILB where we HAVE to draft 1 or 2 in the first few rounds

ยป The Browns are hosting Tramon Williams on Sunday, according to Rapoport. Cleveland is looking for help at cornerback. Williams previously met with the Saints.
    He must really be unhappy with the offers he's gotten thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He must really be unhappy with the offers he's gotten thus far.
    and Cleveland is desperate because they are stupid. Lost Buster Skrine for 4/25 when they probably could have had him for a song a few months earlier. But no one is capable of evaluating and projecting future talent. Thank god for TT.

Surprised none of the Packer FAs (or even FAs to be prior to signing) have not been courted harder by the Raiders and Reggie.