Thread: The "R" word

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I understand not paying Tramon, but I would be surprised they would choose to lose House. He would need a monster deal to escape I believe. Neither Hayward or Hyde appear ready outside. Goodson would have to make a world record leap to be ready.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I understand not paying Tramon, but I would be surprised they would choose to lose House. He would need a monster deal to escape I believe. Neither Hayward or Hyde appear ready outside. Goodson would have to make a world record leap to be ready.
    Agreed. I have said several times that I will be surprised if they lose both. I can see it happen only if both sign outrageous contracts.

However, it could turn out like TT's first year, when he had to deal with the free agencies of both Rivera and Wahle. They couldn't afford both, but didn't want to lose both either. They focused on Rivera, who they thought would be the more affordable player. Then Dallas offered a big signing bonus on a larger, longer contract than anyone expected he would be offered, and just like that, both were gone.

I am concerned that this will be the same. The younger House, like Wahle, will get offers that the Packers don't want to compete with, and someone will offer a guarantee to Williams, like the Cowboys did with Rivera, above what the Packers are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    House scares me as a Brad Jones trajectory. Hurt alot, flashes at times, then plays about 3/4 of a good season heading into FA. I'm not overjoyed to lock him up for too much money.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.