Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The "R" word

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Red, repent
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Not to mention the coup de grace on the fake FG where Mr. Smart Assignment Sure blew his assignment and ran by the guy going out for the pass leaving him wide open in the end zone. His last chance at redemption and he shit his pants big time. No thanks to any more Hawk.

If they can't do better at ILB on the roster than Hawk this offseason then they're not trying.
    burn in hell
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

How about Reconstruction - as in "Esoxx's Fables of the Reconstruction" - BIH

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    sounds like tramon has turned down our offer and is hitting the road
    There are no games between now and the start of FA, I don't know why he wouldn't test the waters - unless he's afraid the Pack will pull their offer off the table.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

so, on the play, hawk either goes after the punter to stop him from running for the first, or he covers the guy running to the endzone and lets ryan run for the first and maybe a TD

remember ryan as fast as hell, he might have been the fastest guy on the field at the time

hawk was really in a no win situation, due to jones being on the field, signalling the seahawks that he would crash hard and leave the left side of the field with just hawk covering, and slocum, zook and the rest of the clowns on the sideline having no clue that a fake was coming even though most of us were screaming to watch out for it at home.

if hawk covers the TE and ryan runs for a first or TD we're bitching about hawk not stopping the run. he was in a no win situation on that play and lost
    House had the angle on Ryan and likely stops him before the first; worse case scenario he gets the first. No way in hell does he run in a TD with a CB having an angle on him.

So yeah, the guy who's main value to the team the last several years was his ability to "get everyone lined up right" made a bonehead decision in the heat of the moment. It happens.

But I'm not going to look the other way about what a crap player he was last year, whether he fucked up on that play or not. Time to move on from that shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    burn in hell
    You forgot the exclamation point.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    House had the angle on Ryan and likely stops him before the first; worse case scenario he gets the first. No way in hell does he run in a TD with a CB having an angle on him.

So yeah, the guy who's main value to the team the last several years was his ability to "get everyone lined up right" made a bonehead decision in the heat of the moment. It happens.

But I'm not going to look the other way about what a crap player he was last year, whether he fucked up on that play or not. Time to move on from that shit show.

the play is at 35 seconds

in no way does house "have the angle".

ryan takes off and house is BEHIND him. ryan has 4.4 speed, house has 4.44 speed. ryan has a good 2 or 3 yards on him when he slows up to throw the ball. if hawk is not there ryan more then likely wins the foot race with house to the endzone

a fact that hawk would know from when they were teammates

there is another angle in that video at 1:11 showing just how beat house was when ryan pulled up to throw

the play is at 35 seconds

in no way does house "have the angle".

ryan takes off and house is BEHIND him. ryan has 4.4 speed, house has 4.44 speed. ryan has a good 2 or 3 yards on him when he slows up to throw the ball. if hawk is not there ryan more then likely wins the foot race with house to the endzone

a fact that hawk would know from when they were teammates

there is another angle in that video at 1:11 showing just how beat house was when ryan pulled up to throw
    House did have the angle to prevent Ryan from running for the TD. He could not have prevented the 1st down, but he likely could have prevented the TD. Hawk just got caught in no-man's land. But really who cares? I blame Slocum.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    House did have the angle to prevent Ryan from running for the TD. He could not have prevented the 1st down, but he likely could have prevented the TD. Hawk just got caught in no-man's land. But really who cares? I blame Slocum.
    well i guess i don't understand angles then. it sure looks like they are both at the 25ish when ryan pulls up to throw

i was taught that side "c" would always be less then side "a"

Oh, I forgot to post this. Must have been distracted by llamas or a dress.

The idea of a 12-4 team rebuilding is kinda silly. Especially this 12-4 team.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.