Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tolzien Signs Deal with Packers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Statuesque on the sideline.
    And on the field.

Hopefully Tozien will become the second coming of Steve Bono someday. Back-up to the greatest quarterback of all-time. And back-up to his replacement after that.

Not a bad gig.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 33s33 seconds ago
    New from JS: Tolzien's deal includes just $100,000 in guarantees http://ift.tt/1wXK6tU #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 33s33 seconds ago
    New from JS: Tolzien's deal includes just $100,000 in guarantees http://ift.tt/1wXK6tU #Packers
    That's only about 95,000 more than he's worth as an NFL qb.

Tolzien had a 102 rating in preseason (2014) and he wasn't playing backup minutes with the Big 5 WR corp, where backup minutes would find you throwing to Nelson, Jones, Cobb and Quarless. That doesn't happen by accident in the NFL. Flynn was an 85 or so.

I don't think he is all that and they do need someone with more upside to develop.

But he seems like he might be on a trajectory to be a solid backup. Two pretty good offensive minds have thought he was worth signing, Harbaugh and M3.

If that doesn't mollify you, take solace from this: he is WAY better than Joel Stave.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-15-2015 at 12:15 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If Garrett Grayson falls to the fourth or fifth, Packers should grab him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck