Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Tebow

Wow...he only attempted 8 passes and completed 2 of them? And they won?!? How does this happen? They're 4-3 with him as their starter. The guys is the worst starting QB I can remember. I mean...2 for 8? WTF?!?!?!?

ok, I've got to see this line...

I thought Chicago scoring 35+pts with under 200 yards of offense was weird. This trumps it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Haven't seen a line like that since...well, I never have. 55 runs, 8 passes. Woody Hayes would have been proud of that "three yards and a cloud of dust" display.

The NFL can't stand for that. The Broncos will be getting a call shortly telling them if they don't meet a minimum number of passes, they will be getting fined
    --

and posted a 102 QB rating...smh

In todays NFL, this is a gimmick offense and it's going to work until they play superior D teams with a set of film. Or, if teams give him all day long like he had on that TD, he is going to look like an All-Pro.

The true test will come later against competition from somewhere not named the AFC West.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yup. We talked about the option in another thread. This offense beat the team that...lost to Miami last week!

Wildcat did well for a year. Where is it now?
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In todays NFL, this is a gimmick offense and it's going to work until they play superior D teams with a set of film. Or, if teams give him all day long like he had on that TD, he is going to look like an All-Pro.

The true test will come later against competition from somewhere not named the AFC West.

such as..........Thursday vs. the Jets
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    such as..........Thursday vs. the Jets
    Could be. The jets will have three weeks of film to review.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

most of tebows passes today were deep bombs that had a chance of being caught but weren't. he's not a good passer but he's getting the job done for denver.

MVP? All he does is win. (this is ment as sarcasm just so no one piles on me for saying this)

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Tebow-mania is running wild. If they beat the Jets, it's gonna be near unstoppable.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    would you rather have Beck/Painter/Olovsky/Sexy Rexy?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    would you rather have Beck/Painter/Olovsky/Sexy Rexy?
    I have thought before Orlovsky could play. But with this team, Tebow might be the best choice. He isn't the best passer in the group, but he might be the most talented player.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Chris Brown on Tebow, the Browns and the possibility of success.

http://deadspin.com/5859263/is-tim-t...enough-to-work

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chris Brown on Tebow, the Browns and the possibility of success.

http://deadspin.com/5859263/is-tim-t...enough-to-work
    if he can just be an average passer the broncos could be real tough.

Not to disrespect what Denver has done....but if Haley keeps his job if KC's season continues along this track I'll be surprised. How in the hell do you lose THAT game at home and not lose the fans?
    C.H.U.D.

Decker dropped one other fairly nice longer pass that probably would have put Tebow up to 100 yards or so.

In fact, I don't remember Tebow badly sailing any passes yesterday as he's been prone to do so that's progress, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Decker dropped one other fairly nice longer pass that probably would have put Tebow up to 100 yards or so.

In fact, I don't remember Tebow badly sailing any passes yesterday as he's been prone to do so that's progress, I suppose.
    I guess. Seems a tad early to say he improved when he only threw enough passes to account for one normal NFL drive, and several of the passes were bombs down field. Once he throws a normal game's worth of passes (30 or so) without sailing several passes, I'll be a bit more impressed. We'll revisit this analysis after waiting three games for him to get to 30 passes total.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Not to disrespect what Denver has done....but if Haley keeps his job if KC's season continues along this track I'll be surprised. How in the hell do you lose THAT game at home and not lose the fans?
    I see your point about Haley, but nothing will stop Chiefs fans coming to Arrowhead, not even Marty Shottenheimer, come hell or high Grbac.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

The highlights did show him bouncing a short out pass. Looked like a right-hander throwing left-handed on that one. He wasn't hit on the play or anything, just threw it badly. The long TD was a nice pass.

They only scored 17 points, that won't strike fear into many teams this side of the Mississippi.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!