Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great Mock Draft Site

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar

Great Mock Draft Site

I discovered this site a couple days ago and it's addictive. It allows you to be TT and draft prospective Packer players through 7 rounds. The computer drafts for the other teams based on team needs and what "Big Board" you choose. (There are 7 or so Big Boards to choose from and what a difference depending on which one you choose.) It gives you a great prospective on what TT is faced with.

Great fun: http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

yeah, i'm guessing i'm about to piss away a few weeks on this site

Very cool.

I gave it a whirl.....

Vikings:

1st - Trae Waynes - CB
    2nd - Melvin Gordon - RB

Packers:

1st - Shaq Thompson - LB
    2nd - Bobby Richardson - DT
    Last edited by Rastak; 03-22-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'm telling you it's really addictive. I find the "Detroit Lions" Big Board is really frustrating for drafting guys the Pack needs.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I've had that premium for the last couple months... pretty good. it'll be better once They throw in the comps

That was fun, how much is the premium?

Tried one or two, they seem to show Mariota dropping out of the top 10, and Gordon into the second round. Eric Kendricks, the ILB from UCLA has been on the board when the Pack picks, it's be more than fine with that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I want to say like $7.95 or something. I think that's good for the whole year...

It may have been only $5. I got my money's worth either way...

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that link Maxie. Running through those drafts really pounds home how so many guys you like at positions of need get snatched up by other teams. It makes you want to over-draft guys you think you know.

It seems like the 2nd and 3rd rounds are where the value lies throughout the defensive positions. In the drafts I ran through on the site, that's where the corners and ILB's seem to be going. Then, once you get past those rounds, the value drops at those positions because so many other teams value those spots too. I couldn't get a value pick at OLB to save my life in any round.

If things fall the way they tend to on that site, I wouldn't mind TT trading out of the first to pick up another day 2 pick and maybe trading up into the 2nd or 3rd with a couple lower picks as well.

I don't think there are many spots on the offense for a rookie to break in besides TE and maybe a blazing slot/returner. Maybe find a guard you can stash on the 53 and not suit up all year. 3rd string RB maybe but that seems to me like a waste of a pick... QB project I suppose - though I didn't see a QB drop (based on the various lists I used) in any of the drafts I conducted either.

Hopefully TT loads up on D. Hell I'd even take another safety that can play.

Stock up on day 2 picks and make it rain TT. That or do what you usually do and let the board come to you - and find the gems I've never heard about later on.

I agree with vince. It's contingent on another team wanting to make a deal, but getting a 45 overall and a 77 overall for 30 would be awesome.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I just ran a 7 round mock with the Detroit Big Board and it rolled out like this... Rd 1. ILB Stephone Anthony CLEMSON
    Rd 2. DT Eddie Goldman FSU
    Rd 3. ILB B. Mckinney Mississippi St.
    Rd 4. WR/TE D. Funchess Mich
    Rd 5. CB Senquez Golson Mississippi
    Rd 6. WR Chris Conley Georgia
    Rd 7. ILB Jake Ryan Mich

Anybody ok with a draft like this? hahaha
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

^ hope we take a CB before the 5th round

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    ^ hope we take a CB before the 5th round
    I'm betting first or second round, depending on who falls.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

For shits and giggles I did a mock draft with the Detroit Big Board...

30: R1P30
    CB KEVIN JOHNSON
    WAKE FOREST

62: R2P30
    DT EDDIE GOLDMAN
    FLORIDA STATE

94: R3P30
    ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
    MISSISSIPPI STATE

126: R4P30
    CB ALEX CARTER
    STANFORD

158: R5P30
    WR CHRIS CONLEY
    GEORGIA

190: R6P30
    TE BEN KOYACK
    NOTRE DAME

222: R7P30
    ILB JAKE RYAN
    MICHIGAN

Lmao just noticed we had 4 of the same picks...guess CPU drafts the same way each time.

Lmao just noticed we had 4 of the same picks...guess CPU drafts the same way each time.
    yeah, thats gonna be the problem with a site like that

it decides team needs and prioritizes them, so it's usually gonna draft the same way every time, the only thing thats gonna change is your picks, and the big board you choose.

and like we all know, 99% of the draft sites out there are just using each others info, so most of the big boards are gonna be pretty close

For shits and giggles I did a mock draft with the Detroit Big Board...

30: R1P30
    CB KEVIN JOHNSON
    WAKE FOREST

62: R2P30
    DT EDDIE GOLDMAN
    FLORIDA STATE

94: R3P30
    ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
    MISSISSIPPI STATE

126: R4P30
    CB ALEX CARTER
    STANFORD

158: R5P30
    WR CHRIS CONLEY
    GEORGIA

190: R6P30
    TE BEN KOYACK
    NOTRE DAME

222: R7P30
    ILB JAKE RYAN
    MICHIGAN
    its a little surprising seeing that mckinney might be dropping so far so fast in some peoples opinion

he's going from a first round pick in everyones mind a few weeks ago to being a second or 3rd rounder

on the flip side, one of my go-to sites now has perryman as the top ILB in the draft and a late 1st-early 2nd rounder

Crazy system...there was some insane talent left on the board at 30 depending on the board used. I ended up with the same 1st and 2nd picks as Brandon.
    C.H.U.D.

Goldman falling that far would be awesome. So long as we actually drafted him. Haha!

They already updated it to include the comp picks. Woo! My first draft, the Chiefs gave me their mid-2 and mid-3 and mid-6 picks for 30 overall. Done and done.