Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Compensatory Picks Issued Today

Blog Entries

Compensatory Picks Issued Today

Packers should pick up 2 6ths (James Jones and EDS) and a 7th (Newhouse). Only 32 picks issued max so the loss of C.J. Wilson is expected to be uncompensated.

http://overthecap.com/projecting-the...icks-for-2015/

Finally Newhouse hopefully provides some value. He's on the bubble of being 7th round compensation-worthy.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Breno Giacomini - 5th round comp. Dude got 4.5 mil. Amazing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Packers should pick up 2 6ths (James Jones and EDS) and a 7th (Newhouse). Only 32 picks issued max so the loss of C.J. Wilson is expected to be uncompensated.

http://overthecap.com/projecting-the...icks-for-2015/

Finally Newhouse hopefully provides some value. He's on the bubble of being 7th round compensation-worthy.
    I don't really quite get the formula, but somehow it seems to me that James Jones should be worth more than a sixth rounder.

On the other hand, the Packers should have to give up a draft pick for laying Marshall Newhouse on another team.

And no compensatory picks for the Detroit Lions, which means this is what they have for the 2015 draft: six draft picks total - one in the first round, one in the second, one in the third, none in the fourth or fifth, one in the sixth and two in the seventh.

Damn. Martin Mayhew doesn't give himself many bites at that apple, does he?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    On the other hand, the Packers should have to give up a draft pick for laying Marshmallow Outhouse on another team.
    you stole my line
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

And no compensatory picks for the Detroit Lions, which means this is what they have for the 2015 draft: six draft picks total - one in the first round, one in the second, one in the third, none in the fourth or fifth, one in the sixth and two in the seventh.
    ferchristsake, if they were to lose one of their top defensive........erummm.....never mind
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Cincinatti with a two-fer - 3rd round pick and Micheal Johnson back on team! Don' t know that I've seen that before
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

We did not get either of the 7ths we were vying for. Ah well...

We're in the 20th or 21st year of compensatory picks. Honestly, I'm never as excited about them as the rest of the board is. All the suspense of a mediocre-level draft pick with none of the mercantile benefits.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Okay, I stand corrected. Hasselbeck the Elder, Marquez Colston, Leroy Hill, and that Tom Brady guy were comp picks. Still, I just don't get my hopes up that there's more than one notable comp player per class.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Blog Entries
    Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels and Richard Rodgers among GB comp selections. Hard to get too excited about two sixth round picks though given the overall depth of the roster.

All the 6th rounders and the 7th rounder will mysteriously end up on IR for 2015 anyways.

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    James Jones played with a rookie QB and did not put up great numbers. Still a 6th round seems low.
    The Packers drafted a great Center which was better than EDS and they get a 6th round pick. Great deal.
    I'm not disappointed enough to voice any complaint.
    Often there are not enough free agents to warrant a compensatory pick and a few of the high drafting teams get an 8th round pick. Not this year.
    One of the 2 picks will be worthwhile.
    Expect about the same next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaCheez View Post
    James Jones played with a rookie QB and did not put up great numbers. Still a 6th round seems low.
    The Packers drafted a great Center which was better than EDS and they get a 6th round pick. Great deal.
    I'm not disappointed enough to voice any complaint.
    Often there are not enough free agents to warrant a compensatory pick and a few of the high drafting teams get an 8th round pick. Not this year.
    One of the 2 picks will be worthwhile.
    Expect about the same next year.
    The biggest determining factor is the size of the contract they signed. That's why Jones was only worth a 6th round pick. Packers probably will get 4th round picks next year for House and TWill.

thats just wrong that a team can get a 3rd round pick for a guy that they re-signed before the comp picks are even announced

somethings wrong with the formula

Nothing wrong with it, except that the Bucs are fucking idiots. Teams like Chicago and Tampa always doing stupid things in free agency is what helps keep powerhouses like Seattle, Green Bay, New England, and Baltimore in their position. It's a double-edged sword.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Nothing wrong with it, except that the Bucs are fucking idiots. Teams like Chicago and Tampa always doing stupid things in free agency is what helps keep powerhouses like Seattle, Green Bay, New England, and Baltimore in their position. It's a double-edged sword.

Well, that's why it matters who runs your organization. The NFL tries to get perfect parity by such things as rewarding shitty teams with the first picks in each round of the draft - give them an advantage so they can get better. In theory, that was in part what free agency was going to do - to give shitty teams a leg up by letting better teams develop good players who could be then legally poached.

As it turns out, though, if your organization is run badly, you're going to screw up the advantages you're given.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    yeah but its a compensation pick for losing a player. they have not lost the player. the lost him for a year, like an injury.

that IMO, should have brought the comp pick way down or cancelled it out all together

I disagree. You enforce the rules as they are written all of the time. You don't make an exception when you feel the rules happen to benefit this team or that on this occasion or that. Sucks to suck, Tampa! Good on you, Cincy!

Hmmm...next year, with Tramon's contract being what it is, could that translate into a fourth round pick?

KYPack

Hmmm...next year, with Tramon's contract being what it is, could that translate into a fourth round pick?
    Both Tramon and House I believe.