Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL News and Notes for Offseason Non FA Non Draft

I don't think the NFL can win the contempt argument by showing it was the Vikings who didn't want him there. They are bound by the CBA and the ruling as well. if Goodell should have made him active, then the Vikings needed to either accept him back or release him.

I agree that for strictly cash based purposes, both cases are moot. This is for controlling precedent going forward.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Aaron Hernandez might have tampered with a tipster, who may or may not have information that a juror lied during questioning about discussing the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-hernandez/

Quote Originally Posted by From Original Story in Boston Herald
    The anonymous tipster who called an Aaron Hernandez defense attorney and raised questions about a member of the jury who convicted his client of murder was having a "sexually explicit relationship" with the former tight end “prior to and during the trial,” according to prosecutors.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opi...ually_explicit
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m5 minutes ago
    Former #Bills head coach Marv Levy turned 90 years old yesterday, which means this is worth watching again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YITZV4Ud6pw

And of course, this:

Well the Internet is not finished until someone puts up Over Officious Jerk on You Tube.

Tweet of the Day (in response)

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
    Record & Fact book fact of the day: There were two winless teams in the 2014 preseason. Both made it to the final eight. Cowboys and Colts.

Andrew El-Hayek ‏@AndrewElHayek 2m2 minutes ago
    @ProFootballTalk did the Colts put up a banner for that too?

Super 70s Sports ‏@Super70sSports 13h13 hours ago
    The kids going back to school this month have no idea what they're missing. But we sure do.

#NonToxic!

I had those pencils. Thought they were cool, except for Tampon Bay's.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 39m39 minutes ago
    Ahmad Brooks' future with #49ers is in question after grand jury charges him with misdemeanor sexual battery.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/mcdo...ury-sex-crimes

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 45m45 minutes ago
    49ers' Ahmad Brooks indicted for sexual battery, Ray McDonald indicted for rape http://wp.me/p14QSB-9PNN

At this point, the most sensible person in San Francisco last year might have been Jim Harbaugh.

Aldon Smith, Ray McDonald, and now Brooks. Yikes. No wonder Justin Smith, Willis, and Borland retired. Do they even have enough people to field a defense?
    Does anyone care or feel sorry for them after Harbaugh? He was kind of a wanker, wouldn't be surprised if that was a contagious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

At this point, the most sensible person in San Francisco last year might have been Jim Harbaugh.
    My entire body shuddered a bit when I read that!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The kids going back to school this month have no idea what they're missing. But we sure do.

#NonToxic!
    I had those also. Love the LA Rams and St Louis Cardinals pencils.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    My entire body shuddered a bit when I read that!
    Kinda frightening, yes it is.

Big question going forward is what do York and Baalke have planned? They interviewed Adam Case but made it very difficult for him to accept the job (had to keep certain assistant coaches, some coaches he couldn't bring with him) and then elevated the guy everyone thought they wanted to hire all along.

And many of Baalke's FA moves and draft picks have been a disaster, both inside and outside the game.

Just a bad stretch or do they really think they were the smarts behind Harbaugh? They had legitimate complaints against his offense with Kapernick, especially once the run game suffered, though choosing CK over Smith was probably the correct call.

I don't recall those pencils...

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Loved those pencils. I'd arrange them by divisions in the packet.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

The week 1 matchup between the Steelers and Pats will have no LeVeon Bell or Martsvis Bryant, and no Blount or Brady

One construction worker dead, another injured Wednesday morning working on the Vikings stadium.
    #unfortunate #cursed

Was in Twin Cities recently. It looks impressive and very large from the outside. Sits low from the vantage points I saw, so it looks nothing like the imposing architect's drawings. Probably a better view closer, I was just on the highway.

Unfortunate about the accident, I hope it was just random chance and not avoidable.

Two workers fell, so I'd think it was a scaffolding failure or something along those lines. Unlikely they'd both be shirking OSHA regs, right?

Working on these behemoths is dangerous work. Didn't a couple men die building Miller Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Working on these behemoths is dangerous work. Didn't a couple men die building Miller Park?
    Yes. High wind blew over a crane that should not have been operating in the conditions of that day.

#NonToxic!

Did anyone else notice the Packer pencil was larger than the others?

I used to fondle my Packer pencil fondly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack