Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL News and Notes for Offseason Non FA Non Draft

Official 2015 NFL News and Notes for Offseason Non FA Non Draft

Rule Changes:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...by-nfl-owners/

The rule will allow the injury spotter upstairs to communicate directly with the on-field officials, to stop the clock if a player appears to be shaken up to the point a further check is warranted.
    There will be no hanky panky or hickey with this one at all.

Details: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ificant-power/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Nothing concrete yet, but probably come changes coming regarding extra points.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-to-happening

Among the variations discussed:

» A team could go for two points from the 1 1/2-yard line or kick an extra point from the 15.

» Eliminate the extra point altogether and just place the ball at the 2-yard line, making it a two-point play.

» Narrow the goal posts.

» A college-type rule in which a defense could score a touchdown on a blocked kick or interception or fumble return on a two-point conversion.

In college, a defensive conversion on an extra point or two point attempt is worth 2 points. Not a touchdown...

Almost too much fun to be true. Dan Snyder owned sports radio station dumps a new show after getting prank called by someone claiming to be an ESPN Executive. Best part is that Bruce Allen called ESPN back to promise to look into it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ble-employees/

Apparently, somebody prank-called the station pretending to be ESPN president John Skipper, demanding that the show be taken off the air. But ESPN staffers told us at the owners meetings that Skipper never dips into radio business, especially with a relatively small local affiliate.

Three sources at the station told the Post that the prank caller (from an 860 area code, same as Bristol, Conn.) knew enough about station business and had Skipper’s accent down, making it believable to them. The caller threatened legal action if the show went on, replacing the syndicated “Mike and Mike” show. It apparently convinced Red Zebra Bradcasting station executive Rick Carmean, who alerted team officials and told the station the show would be shelved.

The Manti Te’o/fake deal girlfriend-level plot came unraveled when Allen called Skipper himself to tell him the station would look into it, and Skipper thanked him for his consideration before calling his underlings to find out what the hell exactly was going on.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wow. Fucking crazy...

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 47s48 seconds ago
    NFL identifies former Falcons marketing exec as a lone agent in artificial noise finding http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JYE

Its like the NFL gets its version of reality from Action Movies, where Arnold, Bruce or Tom are responsible for everything. I am sure the marketing exec was standing next to the potentiometer cackling as he turned it louder.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 45m45 minutes ago
    NFL suspends Ray Farmer four games for Textgate http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JYA

Browns take another shot. No more play calling from upstairs for 4 games. He'll have to phone it in like Nixon.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    NFL identifies former Falcons marketing exec as a lone agent in artificial noise finding http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JYE

Its like the NFL gets its version of reality from Action Movies, where Arnold, Bruce or Tom are responsible for everything. I am sure the marketing exec was standing next to the potentiometer cackling as he turned it louder.
    It's like the league finding a single equipment tech responsible for deflategate. Yeah, I'm sure no one else had AAAANYTHING to do with it. The league thinks that most fans are absolutely stupid, and, unfortunately, they are largely correct.

Browns take another shot. No more play calling from upstairs for 4 games. He'll have to phone it in like Nixon.
    Farmer took the fall for Haslam. Or whatever the owner's name is.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

They were considering a lighter sentence of an eight game suspension, but ruled that out. They really ought to punish the Browns for 'textgate' not help them.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If this is a step towards taking the league back to less artificial noise, then I say thank god.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If this is a step towards taking the league back to less artificial noise, then I say thank god.
    Where is OSHA when it comes to noise on the fields? Shouldn't they be requiring players to wear hearing protection? If not the players (I think they are independent contractors), then how about the stadium workers, grounds crew and others that are in standard employer/employee relationships? How about the cameramen and others on the broadcast crews?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Where is OSHA when it comes to noise on the fields? Shouldn't they be requiring players to wear hearing protection? If not the players (I think they are independent contractors), then how about the stadium workers, grounds crew and others that are in standard employer/employee relationships? How about the cameramen and others on the broadcast crews?
    For the children. They should reduce the noise for the children.

I'm telling you the real scandal is Seattle's fake enthusiasm/noise. Everyone knows all of Seattle is perpetually depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It would be interesting to see the numbers on a hearing conservation program at place like.....Seachick Central. The numbers would be high but considering that they only play 8 regular season games plus a playoff game or two it's very unlikely it would require mandated hearing protection. Is it a good idea for a fan or stadium worker to wear plugs...sure.
    C.H.U.D.

Bengals unveil "fresh new look" for 2015

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-look-for-team

Silverstein posted on twitter that GB has $16.75 in cap space and that already includes the rookie allotment. Expect someone to get an extension between now and preseasonfinale...

Blog Entries
    They could also just roll it forward to pay the additional cap hits that Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga and others are due to earn. Wait-and-see on guys in their last year seems to be in vogue these days. You can use the money to sign someone this year or just sit on it and use it to sign the same guy next year. It really doesn't matter anymore, especially if you can't get a discount by signing earlier or want another year of info before committing.

Daniels *seems* to be the only guy worth an extension at present. I don't have an all-inclusive list of 2016 free agents, though.

E:

Perry and Neal
    Crosby
    Raji and Guion
    Starks
    Hayward
    Daniels

Richardson/Barclay/Tolzien

and then a bunch of UDFA (they'll be RFA, so it doesn't matter too much)