Thread: Official 2015 NFL News and Notes for Offseason Non FA Non Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This one is for smuggler, this is the most recent update I can find on the appeal/contempt of court action in Doty's decision in the Peterson case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...terson-matter/
    So catch me up on this? What's outstanding?

He's been re-instated, but filed a suit (that didn't get resolved) to get re-instated, right? Now that he's back in, is it a moot point, or is he looking for financial compensation? Article talks about a contempt motion because they didn't submit his case to an arbritrator.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    So catch me up on this? What's outstanding?

He's been re-instated, but filed a suit (that didn't get resolved) to get re-instated, right? Now that he's back in, is it a moot point, or is he looking for financial compensation? Article talks about a contempt motion because they didn't submit his case to an arbritrator.
    There are two outstanding issues. One is the League's appeal of the Judge's overturning of the arbitration ruling. Federal Judges are supposed to give great weight to the arbitrator's ruling in contract cases. However, given that Doty is relying on a previous Fed Court ruling about ex post facto policy changes (and that ruling has stood), I don't see the appeal as very strong. Also not sure its decisive with Brady's case, as this one has much more to do with due process, though there is a claim (for both the phone and the equipment tampering) that Goodell changed the rules and policies again without notice after an incident.

The other issue is that after Doty's ruling, the NFL did not reinstate Peterson to be eligible. He put him on the Exempt List again. NFLPA is arguing that Goodell stands in contempt with this action. Since its well after the fact, this is mainly about contract service and bonuses. Though after his renegotiation, I am unsure how much this means to him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.