So RG3 had a run-in with Doctors who made one diagnosis, then changed it, now has resigned. The guy who reversed the decision has a history of mis-judging concussion severity.

Resigning: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...11441452417119

Reversed Original Decision last Friday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...8e4_story.html

Its not clear that Dr. Robert N. Kurtzke reversed himself, which seems to be what some headlines imply. Seems like he reversed the team Docs. However, there seems to have been a report that cleared RG3 at some point. So the timeline and process itself is very unclear. Its also not clear whether the League, NFLPA or the Team forced the resignation.

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 5m5 minutes ago
Anyone that has followed me on social media knows I HATE talking about my struggle w/ this. But reading this man's name just hit a nerve...

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 9m9 minutes ago
After practice that week my headaches + pressure in my head got so bad, I swerved behind the wheel + had to pull over. I knew I wasn't OK...

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 11m11 minutes ago
I've never had a doctor be so condescending while spewing BS. But I wanted to play, and he told me I was fine to play. So I played...

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 16m16 minutes ago
When I explained that taking painkillers and continuing to play w/ bad symptoms didn't seem smart, he asked me who the doctor was...

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 18m18 minutes ago
He cleared me to play just days after. So I began practicing w/ headaches + what felt like a 5 lb weight in my head. Alecko Eskandarian added,

GCinDC @grcanty
@alecko11 did he advise that it was ok to keep playing?

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 50m50 minutes ago
The fact that this quack still works w/ high profiled athletes is A JOKE. This man put my life at risk and is a name I will never forget.

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 54m54 minutes ago
10 years ago when I suffered a Grade 3 concussion that took me a year to recover from, Dr. Kurtzke suggested to "just keep taking Tylenol".

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 55m55 minutes ago
I cannot tell you how much pent up anger I have towards this man, as he is the same doc who nearly caused me brain damage and maybe worse...

Alecko Eskandarian ‏@alecko11 57m57 minutes ago
I have just read that the neurologist involved in the RG3 concussion fiasco is Dr. Kurtzke...

From Wiki:
Alecko Eskandarian (born July 9, 1982) is an American former soccer player of Armenian-Iranian descent. He is the assistant coach for New York Cosmos and head coach for their reserve team, New York Cosmos B.

He attended the University of Virginia as an undergrad.