Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL News and Notes for Offseason Non FA Non Draft

This is simply anti-fun.

Clarence Hill @clarencehilljr
    The Cowboys took away Jerry Jones war room power. Now they have they muzzled his hyperbole. Today,he avoided 2 questions about SB run in '15
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If you're gonna go to all that trouble, he should have changed it to Evan Danger Smith.

Today's Fact of the Day

Vincent Jan Goh ‏@VJGoh

Octopi is accepted, but technically incorrect; Octopus is derived from Greek, not Latin. Correct plural is Octopodes
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lotta Tim Harris on this list along with Reggie and Clay.

http://www.footballperspective.com/j...ed-sack-rates/

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 33m33 minutes ago
    No one seems to mention Jimmy Garroppolo played in exact same offense in college as Bryce Petty and RG3, as his coaches came from Baylor

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-for-manziel/

“That side of my brain’s been sort of asleep for a while,” Pettine said, via Cleveland.com. “It’s been great. I feel very rejuvenated as a coach to be a part of it.”
    and

“We just don’t want to put our quarterback in situations where the percentages aren’t there,” Pettine said. “We don’t want to be in third-and-long and second-and-long, where the quarterback is getting hit a lot. When a quarterback is upright and can get through his reads quick and get the ball out of his hands he’s a lot better.”
    The quotes aren't determinative, but I think the Browns are on their way to screwing up their offense again. The likeliest explantation os Pettine's quotes are that they are going to run the ball early and often. Given their receiving corps, this makes some sense, but isn't a long term successful strategy for an offense today. Its a sign of capitulation to the failure of the front office on the Offensive side of the ball. Its a good way to go 8-8 and 9-7 and have that be your ceiling.

I am not close and don't know Pettine, so he might know this. But I think he's a Rex Ryan guy, no? So I suspect he doesn't know this.

Justin Smith is retiring.

San Fran is about to go back to acquiring high first round picks to load up for their next run. Wow, what a depressing offseason for 9er fans.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

good

why can't the seahawks try and do something similar

This won't help the Seahawks in negotiations with Wilson:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m16 minutes ago
    The extension #Dolphins gave QB Ryan Tannehill is 4 years for $77M, per source ($19.25M per year). $45M in guarantees, $25M fully guaranteed

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
    So, Ryan Tannehill gets $19.25M per year in new money on his extension. A number that’ll be scrutinized for Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, etc.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 34m34 minutes ago
    Had a chance to get a gander at the details of Tannehill deal and write up my thoughts for @cbssports. Very low risk buy for the Dolphins...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 33m33 minutes ago
    Basically in exchange for $3.2M more than he would've earned from 15-16, as making inj guar now full guar get the right to 4 more prime yrs

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 30m30 minutes ago
    It's 3deals in 1. RT now gets $21.5M over 15-16 vd. $18.3M was set to make. MIA get $15M option for 17 (could be $10M below exclus franch #)

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 29m29 minutes ago
    Then then final 3 years are worth a vast majority of the max of $77M in new $. $57M comes those 3yrs ($19M/yr) but all must be earned...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 28m28 minutes ago
    Dolphins could walk from the deal after 2yrs for all intents and purposes if need be. Bulk of money on pay-as-you go basis from 2018-20)

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 34m34 minutes ago
    Had a chance to get a gander at the details of Tannehill deal and write up my thoughts for @cbssports. Very low risk buy for the Dolphins...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 33m33 minutes ago
    Basically in exchange for $3.2M more than he would've earned from 15-16, as making inj guar now full guar get the right to 4 more prime yrs

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 30m30 minutes ago
    It's 3deals in 1. RT now gets $21.5M over 15-16 vd. $18.3M was set to make. MIA get $15M option for 17 (could be $10M below exclus franch #)

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 29m29 minutes ago
    Then then final 3 years are worth a vast majority of the max of $77M in new $. $57M comes those 3yrs ($19M/yr) but all must be earned...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 28m28 minutes ago
    Dolphins could walk from the deal after 2yrs for all intents and purposes if need be. Bulk of money on pay-as-you go basis from 2018-20)
    You know what occurs to me as I try to sort through that? Why did Twitter and it's 140ish characters replace the blog?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Twitter = Newspeak. It is a cancer. But due to the newsfeed advantage, it will never go away (conceptually). Plus, it's important to know what your favorite celebrity had for breakfast.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    good

why can't the seahawks try and do something similar
    I feel differently. This is just continued 49ers torment. Raising the bar its going to take to get home field advantage in the playoffs. That division was supposed to eat itself and now the 49ers are two easy wins.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Justin Smith is retiring.

San Fran is about to go back to acquiring high first round picks to load up for their next run. Wow, what a depressing offseason for 9er fans.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of fans. Well, maybe if it happened to Seattle that would be slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    You know what occurs to me as I try to sort through that? Why did Twitter and it's 140ish characters replace the blog?
    Its a very good match for a phone interface. So its immediately mobile and usable unlike a lot of blog interfaces. Its basically a newswire for the Internet. Some write for it better than others. Some news fits better than others.

There are alternatives in between a blog and Twitter. Facebook, medium.com and Tumblr are all trying to occupy that space, but none are as easy to use from a phone.

Well the Vimeo of 1920's football didn't work out, but you can find that link and other old time tales in this story of how the Nation's moral character was in jeopardy when a pro football team from New England was playing fast and loose with NFL rules.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-nfl-champions

Bonus appearance of the legendary Pottsville Maroons and $100,000 pro prospect Red Grange.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-19-2015 at 10:41 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well the Vimeo of 1920's football id work out, but you can find that link and other old time tales in this story of how the Nation's moral character was in jeopardy when a pro football team from New England was playing fast and loose with NFL rules.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-nfl-champions

Bonus appearance of the legendary Pottsville Maroons and $100,000 pro prospect Red Grange.
    I can't read all that. Can you condense it into a tweet?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I can't read all that. Can you condense it into a tweet?
    PackerRats.com ‏@PackerRats 20s20 seconds ago
    NE football. Always a bunch of cheaters. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post836671

Actually, reminds me of a couple of the more pithy posters on the board.

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 1h1 hour ago Framingham, MA
    The Jets have gone 8 straight years with below-average passing DVOA rating. Think that's bad? Bears went SIXTEEN years from 1997-2012.

Reading an article about the Skins picking up the 5th year, $16M option on RG3, and saw something that surprised me

So they rolled the dice with $16 million for 2016 in order to avoid having to pay roughly $20 million or more, if Griffin becomes the guy in 2015 that he was in 2012. And if he stinks, the smart move will be to yank him from the field, ensconce him in bubble wrap, and then cut him in the offseason before that $16 million becomes fully guaranteed next March.
    I thought the 5th year option was fully guaranteed (injury and skill) when it was exercised.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...