Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will they bring Guion back?

So, it seems that this year they have both Raji and Guion for less than what they paid Raji alone last year.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 28m28 minutes ago
    Letroy Guion's one-year deal with the #Packers is worth $2.75 M, per league source.

Components of this deal matter a lot as he might be facing a suspension.

Although, moving this fast might be interpreted that the Packers know what stage of the Drug and Alcohol policy he is in and are reasonably certain he won't be thrown into the thicket of Personal Conduct Policy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

One source said he expected both Raji and Guion's deals to come in around $3 million, but that incentives would be about a $1 million of both.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/298009931.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So, it seems that this year they have both Raji and Guion for less than what they paid Raji alone last year.
    So, as the day rolls on the reported values of their contracts have grown to be more combined in 2015 than they were combined in 2014.
    Oh well, so much for saving money at the position!

So, as the day rolls on the reported values of their contracts have grown to be more combined in 2015 than they were combined in 2014.
    Oh well, so much for saving money at the position!
    With Mike Pennel flashing so much promise they can hardly hope to hide him on the PS.

So, they must be thinking that between the three of them, they hope to have some combination of two who are not hurt or suspended at some point.

Are they really thinking of keeping three NT's or just banking that at least one of the three will be hurt or suspended for a substantial number of games?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Guion's deal is for more than I expected
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    With Mike Pennel flashing so much promise they can hardly hope to hide him on the PS.

So, they must be thinking that between the three of them, they hope to have some combination of two who are not hurt or suspended at some point.

Are they really thinking of keeping three NT's or just banking that at least one of the three will be hurt or suspended for a substantial number of games?
    In 2010 they had Raji, Pickett and Howard Green, and managed to make them all useful. Maybe they can do it with Raji, Guion and Pennel.

In 2010 they had Raji, Pickett and Howard Green, and managed to make them all useful. Maybe they can do it with Raji, Guion and Pennel.
    I hope so. But if all three survive training camp, and if you go along with the idea that the Packers usually take six defensive linemen, then you've only got room for three ends. And I hope they don't press Raji into duty as an end any more.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Both Guion and Pennell are more suited to DE than Raji, I would think.

Dammit. Wrong big guy thread.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-30-2015 at 03:42 PM.

can't have too much depth at this position.

I just got this DT news in my Yahoo E-mail and I'm surprized. Especially so and GUION.

Now.....at least ..... in my view of it all this off season ..... thse moves Raji and Guion @ DT.... doesn't pin TT as much into getting a top ranked DT early in the draft not that he won't anyway; and yet these signings take the heat off ... 'the head off the snake' position on the Packer DL.

I've be absent from here and now must try to catch up. Seldom a day expires that I don't think about Packerrats.

This is the last day of March. DRAFT month is before us. I've been keying more on my other team the Montreal Canadians ...Les HABITANTS ...Les HABS. I have a keen interest in Texas Hold 'Em and play on three different online sites.

I'm otherwise now very busy dealing with the hopeful end of a cold harsh winter and loads of yard work as Mae and I didn't get back here until late NOV. ......... so loads of leaves to deal with....and this and that and this...LOL

It's great to post here again though. I have to get caught up on the Draft Buzz. Always a big thing with this Packer fan.

Have an awesome day Packerrats.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 28m28 minutes ago
    Letroy Guion's one-year deal with the #Packers is worth $2.75 M, per league source.
    Details:

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 22m22 minutes ago Suamico, WI
    Letroy Guion has a $1.5 million base and $1.15 million in per game roster bonuses. No signing bonus or guarantees

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 28m28 minutes ago Suamico, WI
    Also a $100k workout bonus for Guion
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-02-2015 at 09:23 AM.

BTW, heard back from Silverstein on Guion's deal with Stark courts. Stunningly, his lawyer kinda glossed over a bit. He was brought up on two counts, one for the firearm and one for possession over 20g of cannabis.

Spoon sent a screen shot of the court record and it looks like he pleaded no contest to one charge and the other was labeled no action. Prosecutor/court agreed to take no action on the firearm according to other reports. So it seems he plead no contest to the possession charge.

Its confusing as the possession is listed as Count 2 in one section but seems to be the subject of the fines listed under Count one is the records section.

That's just like Florida