View Poll Results: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cameron Erving - C/T - Florida St.

0 0%
  • Breshad Perriman - WR - UCF

0 0%
  • Maxx Williams - TE - Minnesota

0 0%
  • Marcus Peters - CB - Washington

1 5.88%
  • Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St.

0 0%
  • Shaq Thompson - OLB - Washington

2 11.76%
  • Eric Kendricks - ILB - UCLA

6 35.29%
  • Eli Harold - OLB - Virginia

0 0%
  • P.J. Williams - CB - Florida St.

1 5.88%
  • Jordan Phillips - DT - Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Quinten Rollins - CB - Miami (Ohio)

0 0%
  • Benardrick McKinney - ILB - Miss. St.

1 5.88%
  • Stephone Anthony - ILB - Clemson

4 23.53%
  • Trade Up For.....

0 0%
  • Trade Down For...

1 5.88%
  • Other

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

The following players are projected to be gone by the time the Packers pick, but feel free to disagree with the prediction:

Leonard Williams, Jameis Winston, Dante Fowler Jr., Amari Cooper, Vic Beasley, Marcus Mariota, Kevin White, Brandon Scherff, Danny Shelton, La'el Collins, Shane Ray, Trae Waynes, DeVante Parker, Randy Gregory, Malcom Brown, Alvin Dupree, Landon Collins, Todd Gurley, Andrus Peat, Jaelen Strong, Ereck Flowers, Melvin Gordon, Dorial Green-Beckham, Kevin Johnson, Arik Armstead, T.J. Clemmings.

POLL TO FOLLOW

Eric Kendricks. Don't mess around. Fix what's broken.

I voted for Stephone Anthony - this was more of a who WILL TT draft, rather than SHOULD - IMO.

From this list, I'm having a tough time deciding from Kendricks, McKinney & Anthony. I'm cool with Anthony....I'm cool with one of those three too.
    Last edited by pittstang5; 04-02-2015 at 02:25 PM.

I'd prefer Kendricks, but think he'll be gone by #30 so I voted Anthony. He's rising according to the media even though word is that he's always been a first round guy according to a lot of team boards.

To me with all I've read Kendricks sounds exactly like an aj hawk clone with a better tan

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    To me with all I've read Kendricks sounds exactly like an aj hawk clone with a better tan
    If the scouting reports are right he'll be better in coverage than Hawk ever was. Whether he'll be any more instinctive than Hawk was will remain to be seen.

Oh! So bad! You didn't even include Melvin Gordon in the poll. I see his name in the post, but not the poll. Much as I would LOVE to see Gordon playing for the Packers, it very likely won't happen - gone probably.

I would say CORNER is a higher priority early in the draft than ILB. A lot more of Matthews there along with Barrington will help a lot, along with a good ILB in the 2nd - 4th Round also. The best ILBs mentioned, though, seem like only borderline first round picks.

So if it ain't Gordon, I want a Corner in the first round.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Anthony, no question. Just hope he's available.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Kendricks or Anthony and I'll be happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Oh! So bad! You didn't even include Melvin Gordon in the poll. I see his name in the post, but not the poll. Much as I would LOVE to see Gordon playing for the Packers, it very likely won't happen - gone probably.

I would say CORNER is a higher priority early in the draft than ILB. A lot more of Matthews there along with Barrington will help a lot, along with a good ILB in the 2nd - 4th Round also. The best ILBs mentioned, though, seem like only borderline first round picks.

So if it ain't Gordon, I want a Corner in the first round.
    DITTO..........They Didn't even give me the chance to go Homer...and debate between BPA or position of need.

If this draft is like others I'll be tortured as Gordon drops closer and closer to us and either he'll get snapped up right before or he'll be sitting there and TT will let him go
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

They are not going to draft a part time player (next two or three years likely) in Round 1. The only position they would do that at is QB if a franchise dropped to 30. Actually, maybe not even for a QB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    DITTO..........They Didn't even give me the chance to go Homer...and debate between BPA or position of need.

If this draft is like others I'll be tortured as Gordon drops closer and closer to us and either he'll get snapped up right before or he'll be sitting there and TT will let him go
    You can go homer. There's a trade up option and an other option. I don't see Gordon getting past Cowboys at 27, and could go earlier than that.

Gordo to Chargers seems almost too perfect.

Blog Entries
    Trade down enough to pick up Anthony or Kendricks a bit lower and pick up a 3.

A guy can hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You can go homer. There's a trade up option and an other option. I don't see Gordon getting past Cowboys at 27, and could go earlier than that.
    I have an advantage over most of you guys. I have a second favorite team hahahaha. If the Packers can't get Melvin Gordon, the next best thing - and IMO, the most obvious thing - is Jerry Jones snags him.

Gordon WILL be a superstar in the NFL; It's just a question of where. As for his being a "part time player", what is it? One or two more years on Lacy's rookie contract? Then, I think he walks quicker than you can say "Demarco Murray". Besides, regarding that "we can't afford or wouldn't have him" as a part time player, I have to ask, how much money/cap room would it cost us? Lacy gets what? $837,000 I think? Gordon as a first rounder would get a little bit more, but not anything too extreme on a rookie contract. We can't afford another $1 or 1.5 million? Or is it the risking of a #1 draft pick? Maybe there is logic to that, but if Gordon is half as special as I think, grabbing a Corner in the 2nd and an ILB in the 3rd instead of 1st and 2nd would be a risk well worth taking.

Here's an idea: while the Cowboys are thinking at #27 and Gordon is still there, trade them Lacy to move up and get Gordon - let them throw in a #2 or a #3 pick in the deal.

I hope Dallas does draft Gordon...which would mean Todd Gurley went earlier to San Diego or Oakland. Everything else being equal (i.e., Gurley's ACL injury is not a factor) Gurley is a better NFL RB than Gordon. If I'm wrong, then all of these guys are wrong too: Scout: Todd Gurley best RB in draft since Adrian Peterson
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Push all those non-QB, non-RB players down to 30, 'kay thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Kendricks or Anthony and I'll be happy.

Will either guy be there at #30? That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Will either guy be there at #30? That is the question.
    they probably both will be

i've said for months that this draft looked to be very weak at ILB, i think a lot of these guys are being way over projected right now

we see this every year.

anthony is the guy this year. about a month or two ago it came out that the packers were high on him, and people started saying green bay might even take him in the second. then it started turning to, if the packers are willing to take him in the 2nd, well team X might since they need an ILB. then it gets all the way up to the point where green bay might take him in the 1st, now all of a sudden out of the blue people are worried that he won't be there when we pick

a lot of these guys we're talking about as possible first round picks are still projected by a lot of people to be mid to later round picks

That's how it works, red. The combine performances made a definite difference. For instance, Anthony proved athletic and fast. Dawson was a bust. Perryman's height shrunk.

It's all a crap shoot as scouts do more research and players have their pro days and dui arrests. Nothing makes that more clear than the mock draft computer games. Where people get drafted depends on who is compiling the big board. And there's a big board for every team and scout out there.

The only one that matters is the one TT is drawing up...and none of us knows what it looks like.