Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will they bring Guion back?

Will they bring Guion back?

I know he could still be punished by the NFL, but his legal problems seem to be over.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...be-signed-soon

I would think yes, because his price has probably gone down as a result. While he may be suspended, the team will still benefit when he returns.

Blog Entries
    Yep. Raji and Guion would make a strong tandem at NT. They can hang out and get high together while they watch film and come up with new approaches to taking on double teams.

If the Packers wanted Raji, they could have signed him by now. I'm guessing the only reason Raji hasn't been signed is because they were waiting to see what happens with Guion - and they want Guion over Raji. Raji might be a back up plan if they don't get Guion OR maybe they're done with Raji OR maybe they'll wait till after the draft.

I'm for signing both. We have the money, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    If the Packers wanted Raji, they could have signed him by now. I'm guessing the only reason Raji hasn't been signed is because they were waiting to see what happens with Guion - and they want Guion over Raji. Raji might be a back up plan if they don't get Guion OR maybe they're done with Raji OR maybe they'll wait till after the draft.

I'm for signing both. We have the money, why not?
    A recent article suggested that Raji was delaying things, too. Apparently, just this month he began to max out on some of his weight work, and he wants to be a little farther along before working out for other teams that are concerned about the recovery of his arm.

There is no hurry for either side to get anything done at this point. Although, with Guion's legal issues behind him, things could heat up a little. I wonder how soon the league will decide on any punishment. It shouldn't take too long.

I think the Packers want to get Guion signed first. Having Guion on board could lessen Raji's leverage in talks with the Packers a bit.

Maybe TT and MM are thinking about bringing back Pennel and either Guion or Raji but not both. Hard to imagine them keeping all three.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Maybe TT and MM are thinking about bringing back Pennel and either Guion or Raji but not both. Hard to imagine them keeping all three.
    They wouldn't keep all 3, but they might want to bring in all 3 and let them battle for 2 spots. I guess that would depend on how much of a signing bonus you would have to offer. Not much I would think.

M3 reinterated he is still in favor of Guion coming back. Said so today meeting again with Packer media.

As soon as someone posts that quote in an article, I will update. In the meantime, here are his quotes about Tramontana, Hawk and House and how they will try to replace them.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...9821&is_corp=1
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

FREE LETROY"S TRUCK!!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    So is this goodbye, BJ Raji?

And if so, would the Pack get a comp pick at all?

I'd rather see them re-sign Raji, let him play for a year, and then let him walk - they could then get maybe a fifth round or fourth round pick, depending on how he played and who signed him to a big contract.

I wonder how ready Mike Pennel is?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I wouldn't think signing Guion to a one year deal would have any implications on BJ Raji. I expect him back. Probably around 2.5-3m

How about $2 mil per year?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...-one-year-deal

The Packers have offered Raji a one-year contract worth less than $2 million, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. Last year, Raji returned to the Packers on a one-year, $4 million contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's why I was thinking 2.5m... we offered 2m and nothing happened. lol we'll see though

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 49m49 minutes ago
    Have confirmed @RobDemovsky report about Letroy Guion on a one-year deal. At one point, #Packers were offering $1.3M but it came in higher.

Looks like you're right... Raji back for one year deal at a little less than 2m according to @rapsheet

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Whatever Guinan's contract, his signing bonus should be exactly $190,028.81.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Looks like you're right... Raji back for one year deal at a little less than 2m according to @rapsheet
    Two in one day? This is unheard of.

TT is UNSOUND!!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Whatever Guinan's contract, his signing bonus should be exactly $190,028.81.
    I would rep it if I could.