Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Rides

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Pirelli Edition

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

1951 Ferrari 212 Export Touring Barchetta

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

1970 Dodge Challenger

I am sure that as punishment for having abused my beautiful 1975 Cutlass 442 with a rather foolhardy nighttime spin that saw the speedometer needle touch 140 a week earlier, the water pump of my good old car puked out at 11:00 pm on Hwy 141 as two friends and I wended our way north to a family cabin near Pembine. We walked about a mile to a little burgh called Pound and found one seedy bar still open and engaged the service of a tow truck driver. This handled the matter of my car, but we still needed to do something with ourselves. Calling parents would have meant giving up on a weekend of smoking and drinking beer, so we called a bar in Appleton where a friend was working. He agreed to ride up with his buddy after the bar closed, pick us up, and drive us the rest of the way--friends being that way back in my day.

So the bar closes and we sat on a step of one of four buildings at the only intersection in this "town" and calculated distance, speed, and the probable time of our rescuers' arrival. We had endured several false alarms when a likely looking set of lights appeared in the distance, grew closer, raced past us and disappeared into the blackness beyond. In the brief moment that the big Mark IV passed we could see our friend in the passenger seat, a cigarette dangling in his fingers, staring blearily through the windshield and completely oblivious to our waving hands and desperate cries.

In a stroke of bizarre luck, a giant rusting hulk of a northwoods pickup truck which had been through the area a few times saw us as we hailed our friends without success. Foote ran across the road, jumped into the truck bed and slapped the roof of the great beastly machine and it roared off into the night, pursuing the red taillights of the Lincoln. Ten minutes later the Lincoln was back and we went on to Town Corner Lake and got busy talking and drinking until dawn.

So I like to recall that night whenever I see one of these improbably long vehicles.

Last edited by swede; 10-10-2015 at 09:57 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

1949 Mercury Coupe

Wow. What an automobile.
    C.H.U.D.

1955 Chevrolet Biscayne on display at the Petersen Museum

Aston Martin DB5

One day I hope I own this automobile and it's considered a Classic Ride. In my life it's just that already.

Here's my ride in the warm weather months. It looks identical to the photo below.

A wonderful car ....
    THE ETC in Sable BLACK ....very sexy and in near Mint Condition. It's never been driven during the Winter months. I could have sold it 10-15 times over the course of the last two years. I enjoy it ....much ....and fuss over it too much hahahaa.

It's the last Edition of the Cadillac Eldorado Touring Car the ETC and has a powerful 32 valve Northstar Engine ...a wonderful Bose Sound System .....well, all the Bells and Whistles.

It's nice how Cadillac thought out exactly what features should come with this this car:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-06-2016 at 09:01 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Need something to clear the palate after that horror ^^^

1959 CHEVROLET IMPALA 2 DOOR SPORT COUPE

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

1966 Shelby Cobra, by far the coolest car ever made.

^^^ That's three appearances for the Shelby. People likey.

1965 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door

Austin Healey 3000

The Izuzu Vehicross. A vehicle that was born 15 years too early. It would fit right in with the small 4WD market right now, and in fact the new Jeep Trailhawks seem to have borrowed a few of the lines, along with the hood decal. Unfortunately, when these were still around, I averaged $250 in my bank account, and my lust was left unfulfilled. Last year I showed my wife the Trailhawk and she bought it, but it just wasn't the same, so I don't masturbate in it too often.

The Trailhawk:

"You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Isuzu looks like it has better clearance and better looks. But I bet it sucks. Jeep is funny - some of their vehicles are great, and others so-so. This type of crossover seems like a safer oversized ATV.

My wife leased the Jeep Compass the first model year and that thing was shit. But it fit what she wanted size and looks wise. Then she moved up to the Lincoln MKX, which was only FWD. After moving to the back roads of KY, the FWD and luxury suspension couldn't hold up to the "roads" around here and it developed several issues with the suspension and ball joints, so out it went and in came the Trailhawk. It does well enough on the road and is great in the field, on ATV trails, mud, and rock. It has about 6 recalls on it, which is high even for a first model year, but is holding up well at 35k otherwise. I should probably take it in for that recall work soon I guess.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

What is the make/model of this car?

Looking for 'a special' used car?:

https://twitter.com/autoTRADER_ca
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-08-2016 at 09:34 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau