Thread: Byron Jones' Amazing Pro Day

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Byron Jones' Amazing Pro Day

Officially, for the record, Byron Jones ran a 4.36 at his pro day yesterday. With tons of experience and polish, he might be a guy the Packers could have picked, had he dropped to them:

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...331-story.html

But something happened later, after the 'official' time of the 40. Later, with several scouts in attendance, Jones ran 40 times of 4.09, 4.12 and 4.20, one right after another. Jones claimed that he just got looser and faster as the pro day progressed and was tight earlier for his official 40. With this kind of blazing speed, I think the Packers won't get a sniff. Too bad, he could have filled a need at corner and possibly as a return guy. He seemed like 'Packer people.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    He'll be available at Packer pick. I don't believe the times. Curious to know if it was stopwatch or electronic timing. ...Actually, the best CB I've seen film on is Jacorey Shepherd. He'll be there too.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

wow, not a lot of takers today huh rand?

i read the thread this morning and thought i'd just let it play out to see how many fall for it

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck