View Poll Results: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cameron Erving - C/T - Florida St.

0 0%
  • Breshad Perriman - WR - UCF

0 0%
  • Maxx Williams - TE - Minnesota

0 0%
  • Marcus Peters - CB - Washington

1 5.88%
  • Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St.

0 0%
  • Shaq Thompson - OLB - Washington

2 11.76%
  • Eric Kendricks - ILB - UCLA

6 35.29%
  • Eli Harold - OLB - Virginia

0 0%
  • P.J. Williams - CB - Florida St.

1 5.88%
  • Jordan Phillips - DT - Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Quinten Rollins - CB - Miami (Ohio)

0 0%
  • Benardrick McKinney - ILB - Miss. St.

1 5.88%
  • Stephone Anthony - ILB - Clemson

4 23.53%
  • Trade Up For.....

0 0%
  • Trade Down For...

1 5.88%
  • Other

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I like Eric Kendricks, and it fills an immediate need. The scouting reports say he can cover a TE, so then you'd have your thumper in Barrington and your sideline to sideline/cover ILB with Kendricks. I think he's a better athlete than A.J. Hawk, comparing both coming into the NFL.

According to Peter King's mock draft, he has TT taking Denzel Perryman, even making the comment that the Packers love him. I'm sure they love a lot of players, but when have you ever known the team to really tip their hand? I guess HHCD was easy to spot from a mile away as a pick last year.

If you read this article on ILB's, Kendricks is the top of the list, and Anthony is down the list. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...ks-paul-dawson

It would interesting to see who they have given first round grades on their big board.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

i can show you 20 different list that have all the ILBs going in all different kinds of orders

hell, i think it was the USA today draft magazine that only had 1 first round ILB (Mckinney) one guy as a second rounder (can't remember who) and all the rest as mid to late rounders

others think Mckinney is a sure fire bust because is football IQ is shit

its funny you should think that kendricks is more athletic then hawk was coming out

kendricks combine numbers (he did not complete the whole workout cause he pulled a hamstring, not sure if it was packer hamstring or not)

6'0, 232 pounds (played in college in the 220's)
    40 yard dash- 4.61
    20 yard dash -2.64
    10 yard- 1.57
    reps of 225 - 19
    vertical- 38
    broad jump- 10'4
    didn't do 20 yrd shuttle or 3 cone

Hawk

6'1, 248
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.65 (at his pro day he ran a 4.47, but ohio states pro day times are always very fast)
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
    Vertical Jump: 40
    Broad Jump: 09'07"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.96
    3-Cone Drill: 6.82

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    That's how it works, red. The combine performances made a definite difference. For instance, Anthony proved athletic and fast. Dawson was a bust. Perryman's height shrunk.

It's all a crap shoot as scouts do more research and players have their pro days and dui arrests. Nothing makes that more clear than the mock draft computer games. Where people get drafted depends on who is compiling the big board. And there's a big board for every team and scout out there.

The only one that matters is the one TT is drawing up...and none of us knows what it looks like.
    its funny, i've got all the lindy's draft mags for the last 6 or so years. its amazing how much of a crap shoot the draft is when you go back and read some of the things that experts thought of many of the players

for instance, in 2009, on their big board

#1- michael crabtree - bust
    #2 aaron Curry- out of the league by 2013

on the other hand

#46- clay mathews Jr

Of the guys I've looked at on that list, so far I like...

Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
    PJ Williams, CB, FSU
    Bernardrick McKinney, LB, MSU

Depending on how the draft falls, maybe trade down for any one of those guys - or again, depending on how it falls, stay put for one of those guys.

I didn't like what I've seen of Kendricks to want him in the first round.

Just starting to look thru players now though.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I hope they get the best available player, whether that's Kendricks in the 1st in their estimation or not. I'm sure they will address ILB and CB early, but whatever order they do it, I'm sure they know what they are doing. I think this discussion, and the list shows that there is no obvious choice, as much as there was last year.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Two more guys I've checked out and like quite a bit...

Shaq Thompson, LB/RB, Washington
    Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami-OH

Thomspon could be a steal if he's there at 30. He plays much faster than the 4.6 he's listed at... I wouldn't hesitate to play him inside. He's undersized and consideration would have to be given to keeping him fairly clean; but on passing downs I could see the guy being a seek and destroy rover playing underneath zones, man, and blitzing occassionally.

Rollins would be a nice fit in the 2nd round... not sure he'll be there at our 2nd pick.
    wist

I don't know how anyone could have watched Clay play his senior year of college and not realize he was a beast. I believe it was OSU that they were playing on Saturday Night football, and I was blown away by his speed. It was obvious from day one seeing him that he'd be a great player. Acceleration was off the charts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Two more guys I've checked out and like quite a bit...

Shaq Thompson, LB/RB, Washington
    Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami-OH

Thomspon could be a steal if he's there at 30. He plays much faster than the 4.6 he's listed at... I wouldn't hesitate to play him inside. He's undersized and consideration would have to be given to keeping him fairly clean; but on passing downs I could see the guy being a seek and destroy rover playing underneath zones, man, and blitzing occassionally.

Rollins would be a nice fit in the 2nd round... not sure he'll be there at our 2nd pick.

On board with Shaq Thompson as well if he falls a bit; that dude can do a lot of things and is a bit freakish as an athlete

Max Williams would not surprise at all either
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

TBH the draft can't come quick enough. This waiting is getting old. Every Packer forums is loaded with mock drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    TBH the draft can't come quick enough. This waiting is getting old. Every Packer forums is loaded with mock drafts.
    only 4 more weeks

Blog Entries
    IS ANYBODY GOING TO CHICAGO TO ATTEND THE DRAFT ?

I have to catch up; hands down this is the year I have studied the least up to this point. I miss that knucklehead Lurker.....still remember our fights where I kept pimping Brooks Reed and he was pimping Donte Mock...sp ?

Instead TT plucked the Sherry
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    IS ANYBODY GOING TO CHICAGO TO ATTEND THE DRAFT ?

I have to catch up; hands down this is the year I have studied the least up to this point. I miss that knucklehead Lurker.....still remember our fights where I kept pimping Brooks Reed and he was pimping Donte Mock...sp ?

Instead TT plucked the Sherry
    no

i don't think any of the players are gonna show up either

Blog Entries
    That would be classic..Red and I attend draft and rant about Brandon Flowers.....end up too drunk and miss the Packers pick anyways......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    That would be classic..Red and I attend draft and rant about Brandon Flowers.....end up too drunk and miss the Packers pick anyways......lol
    no, we'd show up and get shit faced while waiting the 4 hours for the packs pick, only for TT to trade out of the first

and of course we wouldn't have day 2 tickets

GET THE FUCKING BALL TO DEKKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to need to rest after that one. Probably another beer.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The year we drafted Jordy, wasn't day 1 rounds 1-3? Then 3-7 made up day 2.

IIRC they added a third day recently. (4years ago?)

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    The year we drafted Jordy, wasn't day 1 rounds 1-3? Then 3-7 made up day 2.

IIRC they added a third day recently. (4years ago?)
    they just changed it up in the last couple of years so they can make round 1 a prime-time TV event

2010 was the first year they started it on a thursday with round 1, then rounds 2-3 on friday, the rest on saturday

the good ole days had rounds 1 and 2 on saturday and the rest on sunday

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    they just changed it up in the last couple of years so they can make round 1 a prime-time TV event

2010 was the first year they started it on a thursday with round 1, then rounds 2-3 on friday, the rest on saturday

the good ole days had rounds 1 and 2 on saturday and the rest on sunday
    The good old days had the draft on Tuesday starting at 7 am central. You had to skip class to watch.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The good old days had the draft on Tuesday starting at 7 am central. You had to skip class to watch.
    The good old days had the draft held on a Monday in November, with some players not even finding out who picked them for a couple days. Fans were lucky to know by the weekend.