Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CURSED IN WISCONSIN AS PACKER...and BADGER FANS......IS IT REAL ??.CONSIDER

Looks like the Cryin' Ryan brigade is in full force. According to Bo (aka the Grinch) every foul by Wisco is questionable, and the other team commits crimes against humanity.

Blog Entries
    Always great to see the Anti WI Troll make an appearance and add nothing to some nice debate
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I really don't know why we even bother sometimes. Sports have looked inherently corrupt in the time I've been watching, starting with the Bucks getting straight boned in the 80s against the Celtics. There is a reason that the "marquee" teams (Duke, Lakers, Yankees) always seem to pull wins out of their asses. It's because when the game gets tight, the calls/non-calls become much more favorable for said marquee team. It's been most egregious with the Lakers - don't know if you remember the Portland series where the Lakers "came back" from 16 down. I've already mentioned the absurd Lakers-Kings series. So many times I've seen Duke on the ropes, and somehow, they make it happen. I'd say it's because of revenue, because if I'm an industry, why WOULDN'T I try to increase my revenue? And of course they'll get away with it, because how can you really prove there was malfeasance? You'll always have people defending the integrity of the sport, so no cover-up necessary.

A rabbit hole opened up when Tim Donaghy got caught, but no one went in. And of course David Stern managed to make that go away without any further investigation - Donaghy was considered a lone rogue.

Don't believe me - watch the comedy that will unfold when the Bucks play the Bulls on Saturday.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    I really don't know why we even bother sometimes. Sports have looked inherently corrupt in the time I've been watching, starting with the Bucks getting straight boned in the 80s against the Celtics.
    You mean like when they swept them in '83? F the Celtics. So they bought Dennis Johnson and the 76ers bought Moses Malone and won championships Bucks didn't do enough in the front office to win it all, but they were a blast to watch in the old Arena with the organ playing and the awesome crowds. Lanier, Moncrief, Johnson, Winters, Catchings, Cowens, Bridgeman. Loved that team. Great times.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I don't remember what year it was...but my college roommates mocked me for years as I recalled a game 7 versus the Celtics in Boston. Milwaukee had the ball with about 30 seconds left and a Bucks player drove into the lane and I perceived him to get hammered going up for a running shot. No foul was called. That was followed directly by a Celtic, I think Dennis Johnson, doing the same thing and drawing a chincy foul with seconds left in the game. Boston won and pretty sure they went on to play LA. I went into my back yard and threw the basketball off the backboard in anger. MY guess is that was around 32 years ago......I should really find out which game that was and watch the final minute to see if I perceive it the same.

I've never believed in the fix due to money but there is evidence out there.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't remember what year it was...but my college roommates mocked me for years as I recalled a game 7 versus the Celtics in Boston. Milwaukee had the ball with about 30 seconds left and a Bucks player drove into the lane and I perceived him to get hammered going up for a running shot. No foul was called. That was followed directly by a Celtic, I think Dennis Johnson, doing the same thing and drawing a chincy foul with seconds left in the game. Boston won and pretty sure they went on to play LA. I went into my back yard and threw the basketball off the backboard in anger. MY guess is that was around 32 years ago......I should really find out which game that was and watch the final minute to see if I perceive it the same.

I've never believed in the fix due to money but there is evidence out there.
    I'm betting spring of '87. I remember the 'we believe' signs. Bucks came back from 3-1? deficit to force a game seven in Boston, and just couldn't get over the hump. Sikma was awesome with his three point set shots! Remember T. Cummings singing the National Anthem?

Remember Don Nelson throwing the chair in 122-121 loss in Philly?

Remember Nelson calling Ainge a cheap shot artist and Red Aurbach calling Nelson a whore?

Great times
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bretsky, TH87, THANKS for telling it like it was and is! I've been saying stuff like this in person, in forums, etc. for years .... make that decades, and never before have I heard/read as straight forward and eloquent statements of truth on this topic from others.

Let's not forget Bucks-76ers in the EC finals in 2001
    Go PACK

The sky hook in game 6 of the 74 Finals in double overtime against Boston? I threw a basketball through the garage window that Sunday when they lost game 7.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Let's not forget Bucks-76ers in the EC finals in 2001
    lets forget

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    The sky hook in game 6 of the 74 Finals in double overtime against Boston? I threw a basketball through the garage window that Sunday when they lost game 7.
    I was 7 and don't remember that at all. I do remember having some guy threaten me and my friends with a shotgun when we were snooping around Lew Alcindor's old house off North Ave. (think it was around there).

i don't feel cursed as a Packers fan. actually i think blessed is more like it. 2 relatively recent championships, constant playoff appearances, hall of fame qbs, historic past, historic personnel, historic venue, the best fans, etc. etc. etc. the window is still wide open. there are 24 or so cursed teams...the Packers aren't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i don't feel cursed as a Packers fan. actually i think blessed is more like it. 2 relatively recent championships, constant playoff appearances, hall of fame qbs, historic past, historic personnel, historic venue, the best fans, etc. etc. etc. the window is still wide open. there are 24 or so cursed teams...the Packers aren't one of them.
    This. All day long.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    I agree but if Rodgers doesn't get at least 1 more SB win before he retires I will be disappointed somewhat.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Why don't you just bend us all over and fuck us in the asses while you're at it
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I agree but if Rodgers doesn't get at least 1 more SB win before he retires I will be disappointed somewhat.
    Yup, just as I was disappointed with the single SB win with Favre at the helm. There were a number of golden opportunities that the Packers let slip through their hands with Favre, and I feel there has been one or two with Rodgers just since 2010. (I can't really decide how much of an opportunity they had in 2011, in spite of their record.)

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yup, just as I was disappointed with the single SB win with Favre at the helm. There were a number of golden opportunities that the Packers let slip through their hands with Favre, and I feel there has been one or two with Rodgers just since 2010. (I can't really decide how much of an opportunity they had in 2011, in spite of their record.)
    Should have done much better that post season; I still think it's the Butterfly Effect of an unfortunate situation of a kid drinking too much 50 miles down the road in OshKosh.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Should have done much better that post season; I still think it's the Butterfly Effect of an unfortunate situation of a kid drinking too much 50 miles down the road in OshKosh.
    I agree, they should have done better and young Philbin's death had a profound impact. However, that team was seriously flawed, and when the offense cooled just a bit, they became a good but not great team overall. I can't decide how far i think they might have gone otherwise.

Jenning's injury versus Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Jenning's injury versus Oakland.
    You now, when you take the claim from curse and nefarious plot and whittle it down to "c'mon more than one SuperBowl per QB" its hard to maintain the sense of outrage this thread desires.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.