Thread: OTA's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley will miss part of the OTAs this week because they will be in Los Angeles on Sunday for the NFLPA's Rookie Premier event. Last year Adams and Thornton attended this event and missed some of the first OTAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley will miss part of the OTAs this week because they will be in Los Angeles on Sunday for the NFLPA's Rookie Premier event. Last year Adams and Thornton attended this event and missed some of the first OTAs.
    Unbelievable they continue to schedule this in a way that conflicts with OTAs. No way the rookies want to miss any of these practices.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Unbelievable they continue to schedule this in a way that conflicts with OTAs. No way the rookies want to miss any of these practices.
    I think the Packers knew about this when OTA's were scheduled. The league calendar often is set several years in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think the Packers knew about this when OTA's were scheduled. The league calendar often is set several years in advance.
    Interesting.

So if the Packers knew about it, why schedule OTA's during that time - just move it a day or two. I guess they (the Packers) feel it's only a day or two and they won't miss much?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Interesting.

So if the Packers knew about it, why schedule OTA's during that time - just move it a day or two. I guess they (the Packers) feel it's only a day or two and they won't miss much?

Ya, I think it is just something they accept. Just like the rookies who aren't allowed to attend because their class has not yet graduated, even if they are no longer attending school. Most years the Packers seem to have a player in that category too. They come to the rookie camp in early May, since they are allowed to attend only one function until after graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Except most NFL teams have OTAs this week, don't they? I assume there's a reason for that?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...