Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA's?

Jags lose their top draft pick, video doesn't look good.

https://twitter.com/cweeks85/status/596744674318098432
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Someone start a thread asking about his post-season honors.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h2 hours ago
    McCarthy on Montgomery: "He has a ton of explosion. I thought he definitely stood out today."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    Here are the 59 players at the #Packers rookie camp, a good percentage of which will not be asked back: http://gnb.scout.com/story/1545066-r...on-roster?s=61

Magik, right?

Could there be more Packer/Wisconsin connections?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/303113601.html

Over the off-season, Hundley worked in Arizona with former All-Pro Kurt Warner, along with Colin Kaepernick, though added his game is more Russell Wilson, than Kaepernick. Wilson, however, started Week 1 in Seattle as a rookie out of Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Only three teams showed interest. Only two offered a contract. Between Miami and Dallas, he probably picked Dallas due to coaching staff, scheme, and (most importantly) likelihood of staying healthy.
    where did you see that only 3 teams were interested

according to this article

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ially-cleared/

That ultimately didn’t stop the Cowboys or, per a league source, upwards of 25 other teams. That’s roughly how many were interested in signing Collins based on independent investigations of the situation.

McCarthy Press Conference, Day 2 of Rookie Camp, Beard is still with us. Looks like a cross between Timothy Busfield and Dan Haggarty.

What I caught Live:

Joe Thomas definitely inside LB
    Ryan looks natural inside, will stick there for now not a candidate to move

Twitter News Service

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
    MM on today's practice: Step up from yesterday. "Very pleased" with quality of drills. Been "excellent" two days.

STUNNED THAT IT WENT WELL I AM

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 21m21 minutes ago
    McCarthy says #Packers rookies will have meetings this afternoon, tour @LambeauField & have dinner at Brett Favre's Steakhouse.

THEY ARE REALLY LAYING IT ON THICK. DID YOU HAVE FAVREJACKS FOR BREAKFAST TOO?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
    On Joe Thomas: He needs to pick up where he left off from before he got hurt last training camp.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    MM on Crockett: Here for a reason. Scouting different today than 25 years ago. Not many guys get missed.

NOT WITH HARV ON CAMPUS THEY DON'T

NotVicKetchman ‏@NotVicKetchman 21m21 minutes ago
    I may not know who Joe Thomas is but that doesn't mean I can't ask a question about him.

THE BEAT GUYS REALLY DON'T LIKE VIC. I WONDER WHO WOULD WIN A VOTE BETWEEN VIC AND BILL SCOTT?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    MM on Blake Sims: Did some nice things today. Instinctive.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    On Sims, another position is something that's been "thrown around." Did some post-practice work with some other guys at other positions.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    MM on Jake Ryan: Like what he's done. Bigger than he thought. "Picked it up clean" with making calls. Assertive. Good start.

SO HE IS ENERGETIC AND CAN MAKE THE RIGHT CALLS. BRANDON IS NUTS, THIS GUY IS AJ HAWK. IF HE SHOWS THE SIDELINE THE SHOCKER THIS SEASON, THEY SHOULD INSIST ON A DNA TEST

Biggest revelation is that Rookie Camp is as much for the personnel guys as the coaches and players. Lots of people in the rookie camp are essentially being scouted in-house for the emergency list of players they would pick up if they have space on the PS/roster or have an actual emergency at a position.

The reason its timed for this week (not with vets in a week or two) is to keep up with other teams and not let a player slip through their fingers. Somehow Boykin in Jacksonville figures into this if I heard this correctly.

Its a good thing he's got 2 days of stubble because he's so baby faced he looks like he's 11 years old.

CMIII working with ILBs during offseason conditioning/workout program.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...303145821.html

During the off-season conditioning program, which began on April 20, Thomas, Clay Matthews, Sam Barrington, Nate Palmer and Carl Bradford joined together as the inside group. No one is completely entrenched at the two starting positions, although Matthews will start somewhere on defense and Barrington's solid body of work last season gives him an edge over the others inside.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    MM on Jake Ryan: Like what he's done. Bigger than he thought. "Picked it up clean" with making calls. Assertive. Good start.

SO HE IS ENERGETIC AND CAN MAKE THE RIGHT CALLS. BRANDON IS NUTS, THIS GUY IS AJ HAWK. IF HE SHOWS THE SIDELINE THE SHOCKER THIS SEASON, THEY SHOULD INSIST ON A DNA TEST
    When I say 'hop' you HOP! when you pass rush mister!!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Adrian Hubbard, making the leap!

The 6-foot-6 Hubbard spent his first season on the practice squad and is now hoping to earn a spot on the roster and, ultimately, the pass-rush rotation in 2015. Hubbard is one returnee who took part in this week's rookie orientation. This off-season, he said, he shaved fat and added muscle and is noticeably more muscular.

After the Packers bypassed potential edge rushers in the NFL draft — such as Nebraska's Randy Gregory in the first round and UCLA's Owa Odighizuwa in the second — Hubbard has a realistic shot at finding a niche.

He hasn't stepped on a scale in two weeks, but said he was a more solid 256 pounds.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...303197071.html

not a whole lot of free space at OLB though

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 41m41 minutes ago
    No idea who #packers are signing if anyone from the weekend. Gotten "no" from several players. Sims among them.

Signings rom rookie camp:

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 10m10 minutes ago
    As @PackerReport said, #Packers told Alabama QB Blake Sims he won't be signed at this time. CMU OL Andy Phillips tweeted that he's staying

When your worries about depth revolve around the 3rd RB, you have an embarrassment of riches.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7h7 hours ago
    05/10/15 In the running: With the Packers thin at running back, undrafted rookies John Crockett and Alonzo Har... http://bit.ly/1cGSMfm

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29s29 seconds ago
    Told the #Packers are going to release Luther Robinson today. Was good story as tryout guy who contributed last year.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29s29 seconds ago
    Told the #Packers are going to release Luther Robinson today. Was good story as tryout guy who contributed last year.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the calf injury that put him on IR at the end of the season.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the calf injury that put him on IR at the end of the season.
    It would almost certainly be his injury that made the team sour on him at this point. If they liked him well enough to keep him on PS and then he got promoted and then injured, he must be more banged up and not ready for the 90 man.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Hubbard has all the potential and definitely needed to get stronger so hopefully he makes the leap on the field. He looked a little slow and a bit soft to me in college. Didn't show great explosion or instincts. Struggled to shed blocks against the run. Maybe the added strength will help him change that. Like someone said, he's looking up at 5 or 6 guys with Elliott and maybe Mulumba. He might need an injury to crack the 53.

Would love to see him get another year to develop because he has the tools to possibly be an answer to the impending turnover at the position after this year with the aging Peppers and Neal/Perry likely looking to get their best chance at serious money. I just have doubts about whether he'll be quite ready yet though. Maybe he could be a sixth OLB that makes the 53 but doesn't dress.

OTAs begin this week. Anyone attending?

Organized Team Activities

May 27-29 (May 28 practice open to public)
    June 2-4 (June 2 practice open)
    June 9-12 (June 10 practice open)

Mandatory Minicamp

June 16-18 (all practices open)