Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA's?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    3 year 1.4 million dollar deal

so if the plan of his agent was to not get him drafted so that he could "clean up" as an undrafted free agent, well that plan backfired

janis, who was our 7th round pick last year, got a 4 year, 2.27 million dollar deal

so collins is making less per year, then a normal 7th rounder, but he is a free agent after 3 years where a normal draft pick would have to wait 4 years
    The agent's math involved more than just the initial contract.

First was that as a UDFA, he can renegotiate after 2 years, a drafted player has to wait a minimum of 3. Second was that if he plays out his 3 year contact, and has a first round tag put on him as a RFA, at the end of 4 years he makes as much money as a mid-second round pick.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley will miss part of the OTAs this week because they will be in Los Angeles on Sunday for the NFLPA's Rookie Premier event. Last year Adams and Thornton attended this event and missed some of the first OTAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley will miss part of the OTAs this week because they will be in Los Angeles on Sunday for the NFLPA's Rookie Premier event. Last year Adams and Thornton attended this event and missed some of the first OTAs.
    Unbelievable they continue to schedule this in a way that conflicts with OTAs. No way the rookies want to miss any of these practices.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Unbelievable they continue to schedule this in a way that conflicts with OTAs. No way the rookies want to miss any of these practices.
    I think the Packers knew about this when OTA's were scheduled. The league calendar often is set several years in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think the Packers knew about this when OTA's were scheduled. The league calendar often is set several years in advance.
    Interesting.

So if the Packers knew about it, why schedule OTA's during that time - just move it a day or two. I guess they (the Packers) feel it's only a day or two and they won't miss much?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Interesting.

So if the Packers knew about it, why schedule OTA's during that time - just move it a day or two. I guess they (the Packers) feel it's only a day or two and they won't miss much?

Ya, I think it is just something they accept. Just like the rookies who aren't allowed to attend because their class has not yet graduated, even if they are no longer attending school. Most years the Packers seem to have a player in that category too. They come to the rookie camp in early May, since they are allowed to attend only one function until after graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Except most NFL teams have OTAs this week, don't they? I assume there's a reason for that?
    --

Evidently Montgomery is going to miss the OTAs because Stanford hasn't had their commencement yet.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Evidently Montgomery is going to miss the OTAs because Stanford hasn't had their commencement yet.
    They study out there until the last second
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Nice caption editing, JSO:

http://imgur.com/7VDFGK8

In another caption, they called Bradford an outside linebacker. Not as egregious as the M1 vs M3 mixup, but still kind of obtuse for someone covering the Packers.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Matthews still in the middle. Has any team had the appropriate people in place, in charge with appropriate authority, with less fanfare than the Packers GM, HC and assistants? Its very impressive how they stick to their guns without bleating to the press about it (Rex Ryan, Mike Zimmer*).

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Matthews Remains Man in the Middle for #Packers http://t.co/sAqJjwJEQV

* Speaking strictly about Peterson for MikeZ
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3h3 hours ago
    Casey Hayward said he didn't practice due to a foot injury. Has held him back this off-season, but expects to be ready for training camp.

Is B.J. Raji (torn bicep tendon) back to full strength? "Yeah, I am. I’m able to do everything.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Perry had a bum shoulder last year.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/305361621.html

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Perry had a bum shoulder last year.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/305361621.html
    of course he did, when hasn't he been injured?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    of course he did, when hasn't he been injured?
    This will brighten your day:

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 51m51 minutes ago
    There were plenty of welcome sights at today's #Packers OTA practice: http://pack.rs/32rpp

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Casey Hayward said he didn't practice due to a foot injury. Has held him back this off-season, but expects to be ready for training camp.
    Hadn't heard about that. He's a talented player, but can't stay healthy.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Nice caption editing, JSO:

http://imgur.com/7VDFGK8

In another caption, they called Bradford an outside linebacker. Not as egregious as the M1 vs M3 mixup, but still kind of obtuse for someone covering the Packers.
    Dear god...Holmgren??

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Packers Defensive Tackle Gilbert Brown Returns to Practice" - JSOnline

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Finally called one right. Matthews the starter inside for now.

http://m.host.madison.com/sports/foo...ile_touch=true

For once I don't think this is coach-speak, it really is about Matthews PLUS Neal and Perry:

“There’s no question in my mind that we became a better football team when we put the best 11 players on the field toward the end of the season,” defensive coordinator Dom Capers said after practice Thursday.
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...0451&is_corp=1
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-29-2015 at 08:12 AM.

OLB is the thin position now: http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...-in-the-middle

Peppers is sick, Neal and Perry are recovering from injuries.

If there was any surprise, it's this: Matthews spent the day lined up with Sam Barrington on the No. 1 defense, even though the team was paper thin at outside linebacker with Julius Peppers sick, Mike Neal and Nick Perry sidetracked by injury, Andy Mulumba returning slowly from a torn ACL and rookie James Vaughters wrapping up his classes at Stanford. That left only three outside linebackers — second-year player Jayrone Elliott, first-year player Adrian Hubbard and rookie Jermauria Rasco taking all the reps.