Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OTA's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OLB is the thin position now: http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...-in-the-middle

Peppers is sick, Neal and Perry are recovering from injuries.

If there was any surprise, it's this: Matthews spent the day lined up with Sam Barrington on the No. 1 defense, even though the team was paper thin at outside linebacker with Julius Peppers sick, Mike Neal and Nick Perry sidetracked by injury, Andy Mulumba returning slowly from a torn ACL and rookie James Vaughters wrapping up his classes at Stanford. That left only three outside linebackers — second-year player Jayrone Elliott, first-year player Adrian Hubbard and rookie Jermauria Rasco taking all the reps.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OLB is the thin position now: http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...-in-the-middle

Peppers is sick, Neal and Perry are recovering from injuries.
    Paper thin...on paper only. Mathews is working exclusively inside because those reps will do him the most good, he could slide back outside if needed with not issues.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

With Hayward sidelined with a foot injury, Demetri Goodson lined up with the ones on the outside.

Raji was at nose and Guion at end.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    With Hayward sidelined with a foot injury, Demetri Goodson lined up with the ones on the outside.

Raji was at nose and Guion at end.
    I'll be curious about whether Goodson can make that second year jump.

I'll also be curious to see if Raji can be a force again. I hear he's lost his arch-quickness, but may have gained strength.

And will Datone Jones finally show up like a first round pick?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'll be curious about whether Goodson can make that second year jump.

I'll also be curious to see if Raji can be a force again. I hear he's lost his arch-quickness, but may have gained strength.

And will Datone Jones finally show up like a first round pick?
    Me too.

Maybe.

No.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Me too.

Maybe.

No.

Sheesh, now I don't even have to watch the movie!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sheesh, now I don't even have to watch the movie!
    2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Open practice today (Randall on left, Henry Rollins Band on right):

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Open practice today (Randall on left, Henry Rollins Band on right):

is it just me, or does our 1st round pick look like he's full on retarded in that picture?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m6 minutes ago
    Matthews got work with the outside linebackers earlier. Here he is listening to some Springsteen (who is overrated).

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 9m9 minutes ago
    OTA attendance not here/practicing:
    Shields
    Perry
    Peppers
    Perillo (here, not participating
    Montgomery
    Boyd
    Neal
    Coxson
    Hayward (here, NP)

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4h4 hours ago
    Micah Hyde, Randall Cobb, Quentin Rollins, Damarious Randall and Jared Abbrederis fielding punts

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 4h4 hours ago
    Catching punts today: Cobb, Hyde, Randall, Rollins, Janis, UDFAs Collins & Blue

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8h8 hours ago
    PR meant Abbrederis not Janis
    Last edited by pbmax; 06-10-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6h6 hours ago
    Tyler Dunne retweeted Khary Goodwin
    Goodson and Randall were wide, Rollins in the slot.

Two-minute drill ends with Rodgers 10-yard TD to Cobb on third down. Also found Janis (7 yards), Lacy (9), Adams on rollout (24), Cobb (15).

ABRACADABRA HAD A TOUGH DROP

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7h7 hours ago
    Scott Tolzien taking the No. 2 reps at QB over Hundley. Looks sharp in this team segment.

MADE THE RED ZONE DRILL WORK AS WELL WITH A SCORE

M3 PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7h7 hours ago
    McCarthy on Tolzien: Three outstanding throws in the two-minute drill. Taken step during OTAs. Preseason games will be key.

McCarthy said Nelson been here more than any player this season. He and Cobb complement each other and are excellent leaders.

McCarthy on Hundley: Doing well. Made step past couple days. He's "on time." Lots to soak up with Rodgers, Tolzien.

McCarthy on retaining key free agents: Players like being with GBP. Resources, history, way they're treated. Want to win championships.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6h6 hours ago
    MM on Nelson: Should be fine for training camp (he did some work today). Been on time with his rehab.

McCarthy thinks OL can be even better. "Based on what we've accomplished and continuity ... we're having a heck of an offseason."

Starting fast will be emphasis but adjustments will be minor.

Year 1 players trying to keep head above other. Now, must understand the big picture of how everything fits together.

Has Nick Perry ever, ever, ever been healthy? I wonder if he might not be a slightly surprise cut in camp.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    he'll stick, Fritz.

He's a key component of our deadly 2-4 defense.

His eyes are closed. Like this:

Minicamp Begins and M3 has answers:

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8h8 hours ago
    McCarthy on Day 1: today was review of eight installs. All situations hit during move-the-ball team periods.

Montgomery: "Ty looked excellent." Good practice Friday and today. Picked it up really quick.

McCarthy on working with Capers: Impressed with whole staff. Confirmed "what I already knew" about them.

Among coaching ideas, had, for example, Campen teaching OL techniques to the DL.

McCarthy on tomorrow. Will not say what "team activity" will be.

The team-building activity is about "culture." People win games.

McCarthy on Adams: "Clear illustration" of first-year player taking jump in Year 2. Been "tremendous" throughout OTAs.

McCarthy on Blanchard: Heck of a day. Wondered "why in the hell" he didn't have a job. Lot to work with.

Hayward did some individual today. MM thought that was important to get some work before the break. And that's all from here.

Blue, Hayward, Perry, Perillo, Boyd and Neal didn't practice. Crockett dropped out with ankle injury.

Adam Czech ‏@adamczech 8h8 hours ago
    All this hype about Davante Adams is the Packers' attempt to draw attention away from Jeff Janis before Janis demands a new contract.

Zach Kruse ‏@zachkruse2 8h8 hours ago
    Rodgers calls Davante Adams a star. McCarthy says it's clear Adams has taken the second-year jump. Hype is real.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7h7 hours ago
    Nick Perry said he had shoulder surgery after the season. Bothered him most of 2014. Said it was frustrating, but wanted to play thru it.

New at the JS Blog: #Packers OLB Nick Perry on injuries... "It's pretty frustrating... knowing how great I can be" http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/307660701.html

IF THE KID COULD STAY HEALTHY, HE COULD DO SOMETHING. BUT HE CAN'T STAY HEALTHY FOR A FULL SEASON

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10h10 hours ago
    Rookie corners Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins both getting snaps at outside corner today.

Good day for former UW-Whitewater QB Matt Blanchard. Drops a TD to Backman on a corner route. Gets a fist bump from OC Edgar Bennett.

MCCARTHY LATER SAID HE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS KID WASN'T ALREADY ON A TEAM

Janis burns his corner deep, puts the arm up but can't haul in. Soon after, White can't hang onto a 40-yarder from Blanchard. Great throw.

WHITE RECEIVERS

Rodgers looking to Montgomery a lot today, trying to get the rookie a lot of action before everyone breaks for the summer.

Catch of the Day: Rodgers to Andrew Quarless in the back corner of the end zone. Tight coverage. Pulled it in with one hand on his way down.

Montgomery pulls in another one from the slot, this time from Blanchard for a touchdown.

Ty Montgomery with a catch up the right seam in stride his first 11 on 11 drive as a Packer. From Tolzien. He's got some speed.

First snap of this 11 on 11, Matthews and Barrington are the inside linebackers.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 10h10 hours ago
    With Hayward out Randall working with No. 1 nickel as outside CB opposite Shields, Hyde in slot

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 10h10 hours ago
    Mason Crosby 8 for 8 on field goals (33RH, 36 RH, 40LH, 43 RH, 45LH, 46 LH, 48 RH, 50 LH)

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 11h11 hours ago
    Randall Cobb, Jared Abbrederis, Micah Hyde and Ty Montgomery catching punts for #Packers.

Adams sure is getting a lot of hype. If he and either Rodgers or Quarless make a jump the offense should be damn near unstoppable.
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Adams sure is getting a lot of hype. If he and either Rodgers or Quarless make a jump the offense should be damn near unstoppable.
    Adams looked like a baby star last season, this should be a "leap year" for him.

I've got a lot of hope for Rodgers, but he could go either way. He has to keep working on his body, shed the baby fat and get even more muscular.

Wadda I know, I had big hopes for Boykin and Bostic last season.