Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OTA's?

M3 PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7h7 hours ago
    McCarthy on Tolzien: Three outstanding throws in the two-minute drill. Taken step during OTAs. Preseason games will be key.

McCarthy said Nelson been here more than any player this season. He and Cobb complement each other and are excellent leaders.

McCarthy on Hundley: Doing well. Made step past couple days. He's "on time." Lots to soak up with Rodgers, Tolzien.

McCarthy on retaining key free agents: Players like being with GBP. Resources, history, way they're treated. Want to win championships.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6h6 hours ago
    MM on Nelson: Should be fine for training camp (he did some work today). Been on time with his rehab.

McCarthy thinks OL can be even better. "Based on what we've accomplished and continuity ... we're having a heck of an offseason."

Starting fast will be emphasis but adjustments will be minor.

Year 1 players trying to keep head above other. Now, must understand the big picture of how everything fits together.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Has Nick Perry ever, ever, ever been healthy? I wonder if he might not be a slightly surprise cut in camp.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    he'll stick, Fritz.

He's a key component of our deadly 2-4 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Open practice today (Randall on left, Henry Rollins Band on right):

is it just me, or does our 1st round pick look like he's full on retarded in that picture?

His eyes are closed. Like this:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Minicamp Begins and M3 has answers:

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8h8 hours ago
    McCarthy on Day 1: today was review of eight installs. All situations hit during move-the-ball team periods.

Montgomery: "Ty looked excellent." Good practice Friday and today. Picked it up really quick.

McCarthy on working with Capers: Impressed with whole staff. Confirmed "what I already knew" about them.

Among coaching ideas, had, for example, Campen teaching OL techniques to the DL.

McCarthy on tomorrow. Will not say what "team activity" will be.

The team-building activity is about "culture." People win games.

McCarthy on Adams: "Clear illustration" of first-year player taking jump in Year 2. Been "tremendous" throughout OTAs.

McCarthy on Blanchard: Heck of a day. Wondered "why in the hell" he didn't have a job. Lot to work with.

Hayward did some individual today. MM thought that was important to get some work before the break. And that's all from here.

Blue, Hayward, Perry, Perillo, Boyd and Neal didn't practice. Crockett dropped out with ankle injury.

Adam Czech ‏@adamczech 8h8 hours ago
    All this hype about Davante Adams is the Packers' attempt to draw attention away from Jeff Janis before Janis demands a new contract.

Zach Kruse ‏@zachkruse2 8h8 hours ago
    Rodgers calls Davante Adams a star. McCarthy says it's clear Adams has taken the second-year jump. Hype is real.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7h7 hours ago
    Nick Perry said he had shoulder surgery after the season. Bothered him most of 2014. Said it was frustrating, but wanted to play thru it.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6h6 hours ago
    New at the JS Blog: #Packers OLB Nick Perry on injuries... "It's pretty frustrating... knowing how great I can be" http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/307660701.html

IF THE KID COULD STAY HEALTHY, HE COULD DO SOMETHING. BUT HE CAN'T STAY HEALTHY FOR A FULL SEASON

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10h10 hours ago
    Rookie corners Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins both getting snaps at outside corner today.

Good day for former UW-Whitewater QB Matt Blanchard. Drops a TD to Backman on a corner route. Gets a fist bump from OC Edgar Bennett.

MCCARTHY LATER SAID HE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS KID WASN'T ALREADY ON A TEAM

Janis burns his corner deep, puts the arm up but can't haul in. Soon after, White can't hang onto a 40-yarder from Blanchard. Great throw.

WHITE RECEIVERS

Rodgers looking to Montgomery a lot today, trying to get the rookie a lot of action before everyone breaks for the summer.

Catch of the Day: Rodgers to Andrew Quarless in the back corner of the end zone. Tight coverage. Pulled it in with one hand on his way down.

Montgomery pulls in another one from the slot, this time from Blanchard for a touchdown.

Ty Montgomery with a catch up the right seam in stride his first 11 on 11 drive as a Packer. From Tolzien. He's got some speed.

First snap of this 11 on 11, Matthews and Barrington are the inside linebackers.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 10h10 hours ago
    With Hayward out Randall working with No. 1 nickel as outside CB opposite Shields, Hyde in slot

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 10h10 hours ago
    Mason Crosby 8 for 8 on field goals (33RH, 36 RH, 40LH, 43 RH, 45LH, 46 LH, 48 RH, 50 LH)

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 11h11 hours ago
    Randall Cobb, Jared Abbrederis, Micah Hyde and Ty Montgomery catching punts for #Packers.

Adams sure is getting a lot of hype. If he and either Rodgers or Quarless make a jump the offense should be damn near unstoppable.
    Go PACK

Yeah, I was a bit surprised how open they were about it. Every year someone gets good advanced pub, buts its not often "superstar in the making" pub.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Adams sure is getting a lot of hype. If he and either Rodgers or Quarless make a jump the offense should be damn near unstoppable.
    Adams looked like a baby star last season, this should be a "leap year" for him.

I've got a lot of hope for Rodgers, but he could go either way. He has to keep working on his body, shed the baby fat and get even more muscular.

Wadda I know, I had big hopes for Boykin and Bostic last season.

Montgomery is getting his share of publicity, too. Not only from MM and Rodgers, several of the reporters seem to be impressed, too.
    If both pan out, Abbrederis and Janis better work on those punt/kick returns.

Any guesses on the team building activity today? Think they've done bowling, skeet shooting, and dodgeball in the past.
    Go PACK

Go karts.

Go karts.
    *tries to picture Sitton and Lang and Guion in Go karts*

methinks the CBs will have a decided advantage in this one.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Adams looked like a baby star last season, this should be a "leap year" for him.

I've got a lot of hope for Rodgers, but he could go either way. He has to keep working on his body, shed the baby fat and get even more muscular.

Wadda I know, I had big hopes for Boykin and Bostic last season.
    I'll be honest. I don't get the Rodgers love. He doesn't seem all that athletic to me, though I could be wrong. I just keep imagining a slightly faster, slightly smaller Bubba Franks with better hands. Not a seem-stretching NFL TE. I hope I'm wrong.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17m17 minutes ago
    The #Packers took a break from minicamp for a day of team-building. Find out what they did: http://pack.rs/36wwv

Quotes from the story:

“I’m not accustomed to being in the woods,” said tight end Andrew Quarless, a native of Brooklyn, N.Y. “I’m not from that type of lifestyle, but it’s definitely fun to get out here and challenge myself. I’m getting a little upset, missing a few, but I’ll get better.”
    I LIKE A GUY WHO GETS UPSET AND GEARS HIMSELF UP FOR A CHALLENGE, EVEN FOR A SINGLE DAY EVENT. I USED TO DISMISS THIS KID OUT OF HAND, BUT I THINK I WAS WRONG TO DO SO. HE GETS IT, IF HE CAN JUST STAY UP ON HIS FEET.

Some of the novices were picking it up quickly. Rookie cornerback and second-round draft pick Quinten Rollins was seen hitting two of six at one station and four of six at another. “I’ve never done this before,” Rollins said. “I’ve been getting better throughout the day.”
    QUINTEN ROLLINS BAND IS A FAST LEARNER.

LEFTY

SPORT OF KINGS. AND FOOD INSIDE A ROASTER.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    SPORT OF KINGS. AND FOOD INSIDE A ROASTER.
    You can't fit a 40 pound roast in a wimpy Nesco like that!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck