Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: OTA's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hubbard is one of the guys I am very interested in following this training camp. He was projected in the 3rd to 5th rounds by most sites until the question of a potential heart condition came up just before the draft. That might indicate more raw potential than a typical undrafted FA. Some questioned his desire and attitude, but he spent the entire off season in GB and in recent interviews gave no impression of a feeling of entitlement. Reporters said he is noticeably more muscular than last year. He has been in GB all off season, and is staying there until camp starts:

"Wake up. Come here. Work out. Go home," Hubbard said. "It's my job, so I'd rather be here for my job than back at home relaxing."
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...303197071.html

I wonder if coach's comments about Hubbard will motivate or affect someone like Jayrone Elliot, who was last year's poster boy for rookie surprise. Will he shrug it off, or work harder before training camp? Did he rest too much after getting mostly glowing reviews as a rook, or is it just impossible to single out more than a couple players before it's not being singled out?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack