Thread: A LOOK AT TEDDY'S DRAFT DAY TRADES

Blog Entries

A LOOK AT TEDDY'S DRAFT DAY TRADES

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Interesting to look back on...didn't realize we could have snapped up Julius Thomas and instead we traded back and got DJ Williams; I remember when TT traded back and let Chad Jackson go....boy was I wrong there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Yeah, have to wonder what they (and everyone else) didn't see with Thomas.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    yes...agree....perhaps that was a bit before the love for the dynamic pass receiving athlete as a TE had kicked in. Going forward I think players like that will get over drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    yes...agree....perhaps that was a bit before the love for the dynamic pass receiving athlete as a TE had kicked in. Going forward I think players like that will get over drafted
    I don't know, by there time there were already a quite a few college basketball players who had been very successful in Gonzales, Gates and Graham. I think those guy are tough to judge, they can have obvious very good athleticism but limited football tape. Wasn't there a story about some college bball player Rodgers met and was throwing the ball to?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The guy you are referring to is already in the NBA though.

Blog Entries
    Trader Ted at work. A lot more wins than losses there. D.J. Williams, Jeremy Thompson and Worthy stand out as bad deals.

Ted swindling Hoody Genius by getting Jennings and Spitz for Jackson, and stealing Matthews from him are legendary heists. I know you can follow that trade through fifteen different transactions and tie Gronk back to it but that a bit dubious IMO since it includes so many other picks and deals over a few years.

Lacy, Bakhtiari, Heyward, Nelson, Burnett, Jennings, Spitz, Colledge, Matthews...

Advantage Ted

Blog Entries
    So the real lesson is TT should keep trying to swindle the greatest coach in NFL History ....who is also the evil demon of the NFL and a cruddy GM. It's been good karma so far so let's do it again !!

Best coach? Possibly. Greatest? Not even close.