Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SAY IT AIN"T SO TED....IN THE FIRST ROUND of THE 2015 DRAFT, THE GREEN BAY PACKERS SELECT......

Blog Entries

SAY IT AIN"T SO TED....IN THE FIRST ROUND of THE 2015 DRAFT, THE GREEN BAY PACKERS SELECT......

OFFENSE...............how would you react ?

Max Williams would be a clear TT pick; the world expecting defense and Ted grabs a guy with nice upside at TE

Which if Ted Drafted Melvin Gordon....BPA....falls into our laps ?

What if Ted Drafted a WR--like Dorial Green Beckam...TT checked him out...talent TOO GOOD to pass on

WHAT IF TT DID THE UNTHINKABLE ???? TED DRAFTED BPA and it was another WEAPON ON OFFENSE........................................... ........................

how would you react ?????????????????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I more than half expect it. He has gone defense heavy early for 3 or 4 drafts now. At some point, he will be sitting on a late round first pick without a lot of defensive options.

It would not bother me.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'd be okay with it as long as it's not Dorial Green-Beckham. 1st round picks should be leaders as well as talented players.

Strong red flags and immature make-up. Multiple off-field incidents, including two arrests for marijuana possession: first in Oct. 2012 with four other teammates; and then in Jan. 2014, although those charges were later dismissed when another person in the car where the drugs were found took ownership. Was dismissed from Missouri after allegedly forcing himself into an apartment and pushing a female down the stairs ? Wasn't formally charged because no one pressed charges, but could enter the NFL with a strike against him when it comes to domestic abuse.
    Unless TT likes Maxx Williams, I think the odds are against an offensive player being BPA.

Blog Entries
    Beckam has incredible talent; IMO he's a top ten guy w/o the baggage.
    While TT generally avoids character risks, if he nabbed him this is an opportunity to set up AROD for the rest of his career with dynamic weapons
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I've been trying to do some research on players TT might take in the 1st round and primarily have been focusing on defense players. Since the defense has been the culprit the last couple seasons, and TT hasn't done much in FA, I just assume he's going defense with the first pick.

I've thought about this question the last couple days - what if TT takes an offensive player. I'll be a little surprised, but more than likely won't be disappointed. I don't think Maxx Williams will be the guy. IMO, there isn't a "Holy Crap, Super Awesome" TE this year and I think you can get better value in the later rounds. However, I'm thinking if TT goes Offense with the 1st - it could be a OT, if there isn't a run on them.

Blog Entries
    Kinda hoping the OT's have a run; I think we're pretty ok there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Beckam has incredible talent; IMO he's a top ten guy w/o the baggage.
    While TT generally avoids character risks, if he nabbed him this is an opportunity to set up AROD for the rest of his career with dynamic weapons
    TT has proven he can draft great WR's without going the physical freak/asshole route. I'd take Nelson Agholor over DGB. Not a physical freak, just a great WR.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'd have no issue with Ted landing someone on offense. Even before we lost our pair of CB's the biggest hole on the team was at ILB but the offense has more room to improve from last year than the defense IMO. Get a guy like Melvin and you can find a way to keep them under 45. Plus in the last couple of drafts Ted has managed to plug some major holes with huge finds in the middle rounds.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I wish there was a magic pill TT could take before making his picks.

There aren't a boat load of can't miss ILBers in this draft class so if I won't be upset if Ted waits until a later round to address this position. CB appears to be deep so I suspect we'll go that route in the first before offense. But without knowing what Ted's board looks like who the hell knows?

I think a trade back is very likely based on the framework TT laid out recently, due to teams wanting a 5th year option on a player they like.

Blog Entries
    Most people I've read are saying the top tier only goes to about 15 this year. Who knows what Ted's board looks like but it's not too often that he falls in love with a guy where he'll overspend or have a guy with so much value at the top he has to have him regardless of the roster makeup. Arod and Clay start and end that list I'd say.

Maybe Gurley/Gordon would be that guy or they're comfortable with Randy Gregory, but that would be out of character for Ted to take a guy who's not smart or disciplined enough to stay off the weed for a week and detox before the biggest drug test of his life.

With Arod and given Ted's track record with receiver picks, I can't see one bringing enough value over another choice and a later receiver to be worth the pick. History shows that most elite receivers end up being over-valued relative to their actual win contribution over other receivers. Ted don't buy flash. I think he'd try like hell to trade back if that happens.

Then there are so many guys in the range from the bottom of 1 to the end of 3 that it's impossible to hone in on who might be in a small second tier that he'd have to have for him to ignore fit/need. Plus there might be a guy they have in that second tier who fits need.

You don't see o-linemen who are thought to be sure things that are too good to pass up drop to that point, so it's hard to see that be the choice at 30. Tight end maybe but it doesn't seem like any of them jump off the charts/film enough for that. If Williams ran a 4.4 maybe but that didn't happen.

Gurley, Gordon, defense, or trade back I'd say. Bottom line is Ted's forgotten more about these guys than we know, and he knows the draft better than anyone so ITIT.

I'm ok with an offensive weapon in the 1st, but no way to DGB. Multiple drug arrests, and assaulting a woman are way too much to ignore. With the NFL cracking down on domestic violence, he's too much of a risk for a 1st.

I don't think TT is going to be in a trade down mood this year. The Packers were too close to be looking for so-so depth, they need to get the best talent they can to set up for a run.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I wish there was a magic pill TT could take before making his picks.
    What are we trying to prevent/cure? Rand usually has some useful info. Failed to find Dan Akroyd recommending cilantro for the liver to John Cusack.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What are we trying to prevent/cure? Rand usually has some useful info. Failed to find Dan Akroyd recommending cilantro for the liver to John Cusack.
    Oh dayum, looks like Ted was thinking the same way. I like the cut of his jib.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...300973451.html

I think most of the guys that we picked have come in and contributed," said Thompson when asked about that group. "Quite frankly, sometimes it just doesn't work out. As much as you'd like to have some sort of magic pill to take before I pick up the phone and draft somebody, we don't have that magic pill."

The big regret with that group is Worthy. Thompson, who trades down more than he trades up, coughed up the 59th (Vinny Curry) and 123rd (Brandon Boykin) overall picks to Philadelphia to take Worthy at No. 51 overall. Last summer, the team dumped Worthy to the New England Patriots in training camp.

"You may throw in a 'darn it,' too," Thompson said. "A 'daggum.' What are you going to do? But you examine, and you say, 'That's not anybody else's fault. That's my fault.'"

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Max Williams would be the one and only offensive player i would be ok with ted taking in the first

we don't need QB's, or RB's, and we have plenty of WR's. i expect TT to draft another jack of all trades o-linemen in the mid rounds, and no one drafts fullbacks in the first few rounds.

really the TE position is the only area that really needs any attention IMO

Blog Entries
    I think Max Williams gets taken before GB, but if he's still there don't be surprised if TT jumps at him

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think Max Williams gets taken before GB, but if he's still there don't be surprised if TT jumps at him
    I think a mediocre 40 time for Williams might knock him out of the 1st round. Some now question whether he has the speed to be a real downfield threat. Still an outstanding player, but maybe not special enough to go 1st round. Usually though, one TE does go 1st round. There have been 8 in the last 10 years.

How do you guys feel about Clive Walford?