View Poll Results: Who WILL TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Malcom Brown - DT - Texas

0 0%
  • Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St.

0 0%
  • Jordan Phillips - DT - Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Owamagbe Odighizuwa - DE - UCLA

0 0%
  • Landon Collins - S - Alabama

0 0%
  • Arik Armstead - DT - Oregon

1 4.55%
  • Danielle Hunter - DE - LSU

0 0%
  • Jake Fisher - T - Oregon

1 4.55%
  • Eric Kendricks - ILB - UCLA

6 27.27%
  • Philip Dorsett - WR - Miami-FL

0 0%
  • Byron Jones - CB - Conn.

1 4.55%
  • Benardrick McKinney - ILB - Miss St.

0 0%
  • Cameron Erving - C/T - Florida St.

0 0%
  • Marcus Peters - CB - Washington

2 9.09%
  • Nelson Agholor - WR - USC

0 0%
  • Eric Rowe - CB - Utah

2 9.09%
  • Other

4 18.18%
  • Trade up for.....

0 0%
  • Trade out of 1st round

5 22.73%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who WILL TT Draft In The !st Round?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    My round 1 prediction is Bud Dupree
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's why God or Al Davis invented UDFAs to root for.

My great concern this early in the year is that I am going to see Year 2 Mike Pennel and wonder what the heck I was so excited about.
    Year 2 leap!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ted will draft an offensive tackle in the first round, pissing many people off.

Then he'll turn us all into frothing, eye-bulging lunatics by drafting one cornerback in the fourth round, and an inside linebacker in the sixth round.

THIS THIS THIS.....deservingly repped
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Kendricks, Jones or trade back

All I know is tomorrow night can't come quick enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    THIS THIS THIS.....deservingly repped
    Then he'll bring in three UDFA's who are corners, and in the sixth round draft a defensive linemen to try to turn into an OLB, and then draft an OLB to turn into an ILB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think they'll go corner over ILB in the 1st. They really need another corner in this day and age, and preferably one who can start sooner rather than later. I just think Hayward is better suited as a #3 corner.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I think they'll go corner over ILB in the 1st. They really need another corner in this day and age, and preferably one who can start sooner rather than later. I just think Hayward is better suited as a #3 corner.
    you mean Hayward at slot, right? I think it's not too hard to find a corner to play the edge in nickel or dime. Problem is if that guy has to play #1 or #2 because of injury.

Corner seems likely to me, but I have them picking an outside rusher.

Thinking about it more, I think it is possible that at team at the top of the 2nd round would trade up with us to get a 5th year option on their guy. It would only net a 4th or 5th round pick. Green Bay seems like the kind of team that Marcus Peters would do well on, but so does New England, and trading back gives them right of first refusal. We already know they lost Revis to the Jets this offseason, so if Peters is there, I'd bet Hoody takes him.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Corner seems likely to me, but I have them picking an outside rusher.
    I was thinking about that too when reading the draft is almost as deep with edge guys as with WRs. If Matthews is inside and Neal/Perry are your starters opposite Peppers, you can argue one is a need; possibly for pass rush alone.

I am not sure about the depth either, its Mulumba and who right now?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I was thinking about that too when reading the draft is almost as deep with edge guys as with WRs.
    That's what I was focusing on: It could be

You

Me

and Dupree

(but probably not, unless Dupree falls)

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I was thinking about that too when reading the draft is almost as deep with edge guys as with WRs. If Matthews is inside and Neal/Perry are your starters opposite Peppers, you can argue one is a need; possibly for pass rush alone.

I am not sure about the depth either, its Mulumba and who right now?
    Jayrone Elliot for sure. He flashed a little bit in in TC. I just went and looked on Packers.com and they still have Hawk and Jones listed on the depth chart. Whoops! Way to keep your site up to date.

If you look at the current roster on Packers.com and sort by position, it lists the following Linebackers:

Not sure why they don't have those other linebackers listed on the depth chart.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I don't even remember where they were playing Hubbard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Damn Hubbard is tall...

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Damn Hubbard is tall...
    Yeah, on paper it screams OLB. I think he was an edge rusher for Bama.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...rankings/2014/

He's the 16th ranked OLB prospect on CBS' website...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

and Dupree

(but probably not, unless Dupree falls)
    Here are some more reasons to be impressed. http://www.footballperspective.com/b...-2015-combine/

Also, advanced nil stats has him being selected between 14 and 18. Probability of him falling to 30 is 0.01. http://public.tableau.com/shared/3QW...splay_count=no

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Davis Tull DE/OLB from UT-Chattanooga 4th on the list in that article about Dupree. Looks like he has some explosiveness. Could be a value pick later in the draft. He was mentioned in the sleepers thread.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Heard on the radio today that the Bears are shopping Martellus Bennett. Could you image the Offense if TT would trade for Bennett or Vernon Davis???
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Here are some more reasons to be impressed. http://www.footballperspective.com/b...-2015-combine/

Also, advanced nil stats has him being selected between 14 and 18. Probability of him falling to 30 is 0.01. http://public.tableau.com/shared/3QW...splay_count=no
    That's pretty damn funny, because I was gonna say the chances were exactly that. I dunno, I saw some guys getting down about how raw he was, thought what if he slips to 20 or so?...would TT go get 'em? I think edge rush and corner are higher than ILB (and ILB can still be had in later rounds).

Anyway, not a chance... Probably too much coffee