Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Jalen Collins top CB left on the board, could be the Pack's pick.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well, you can't say we're not gonna get the guy we wanted this year because someone else got him
    Yeah but you expected the ILBs to drop. Hoping some CBs fell too. Rowe and Jones are left at CB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did I pause my god damn dvr or something?

SO MANY COMMERCIALS.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Jalen Collins top CB left on the board, could be the Pack's pick.
    multiple failed drug tests in college = not a packer person

We'll hear the Packers pick on the 10 o'clock news before the NFL announces it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah but you expected the ILBs to drop. Hoping some CBs fell too. Rowe and Jones are left at CB.
    my boy quinten rollins is still here

So... Malcom Brown, Goldman, Rowe, or the trade back and ILB combo?

are you watching twitter PB

any time now

Blog Entries
    RANDY GREGORY
    ERIC ROWE
    ILB of CHOICE
    MALCOMB BROWN
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

i say trade out if possible

so many guys still around

Take your time Adolph commish

Damn the Cowboys! Damn them to hell!

Clock is running down... trade??
    wist

draft ace had him as the best CB by quite a bit
    Don't see it at all
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

are you watching twitter PB

any time now
    I am on it. Have stalled, don't have Colts pick yet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Must be a trade. Anyone know for sure if Indy picked SS Landon Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am on it. Have stalled, don't have Colts pick yet.
    k

4. BYRON JONES | Connecticut 6005|199 lbs|5SR New Britain, Conn. (St. Paul HS) 9/26/1992 (age 22) #16

BACKGROUND: A two-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, Jones received only one FBS scholarship offer, committing to Connecticut and redshirting in 2010. He transitioned to safety during his redshirt year and started eight games in 2011, recording 51 tackles, six passes defended and two interceptions. Jones started all 12 games as a sophomore in 2012 and finished with 88 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, three interceptions and one interception. He moved to field cornerback in 2013 as a junior, recording 60 tackles, 11 passes defended and three interceptions. Jones started the first seven games of 2014 before an injury ended his senior season, finishing with 24 tackles, six passes defended and two interceptions. He earned an invitation to the 2015 Senior Bowl, but was unable to participate due to the injury.

STRENGTHS: Looks the part with a tall, long frame with adequate muscle build…sits low in his stance and transitions well to stay stride-for-stride with wide receivers vertically…flexible lower body movements to recover with smooth backpedal…leverages the field and uses his body to pin pass-catchers to the sideline…explosive lower body with outstanding leaping ability…physical wrap tackler and hits like a safety…smart, quick-thinking cover man, reading the receiver well with his back turned to the ball – natural football instincts…outstanding competitiveness at the catch point with playmaking ballskills – averaged 9.6 yards per interception return with one defensive touchdown…always dialed in and limits mental mistakes, locking down receivers like his life depends on it…ideal character, on and off the field, with a genuine love for football – film junkie and pushes himself…senior captain with low-key leadership traits…versatile experience with 38 career starts, playing both cornerback (18 starts) and safety (20 starts).

WEAKNESSES: Uses quick stab in press, but doesn’t do it consistently and needs to be more efficient with his long arms…bad habit of hopping at the line of scrimmage and needs to stay patient with his feet…lacks transitional burst and doesn’t flash a second gear to recover after the receiver gains a step…anticipation and read/react ability seem to come-and-go on film – needs more consistency in this area…caught flat-footed and will allow his eyes to pay rent in the backfield…can be driven downfield riding the hip of receivers and has a tough time with comeback and curl routes…overaggressive tendencies will get him in trouble…wasn’t a regular on special teams coverages in college…long-term durability needs investigated due to a history of shoulder issues, missing the second half of his senior year with a separated left shoulder (Oct. 2014) that required surgery.

SUMMARY: A high school quarterback and wide receiver, Jones spent his UConn career in the defensive secondary, splitting his time between safety and cornerback. He looks the part and is a well-spoken individual with impressive intangibles, drawing praise from his coaching staff – served an internship at the U.S. Capitol during the summer of 2014. Jones plays with some hip and upper body tightness and inconsistent technique, but his fluid lower body helps mask mechanical flaws – set the broad jump record (12’03”) at the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine. Jones is unpolished in areas and needs to be more efficient with his length, but his combination of size, smarts and God-given athleticism is what NFL teams seek at the position, along with mature and motivated character – projects best as a press corner with a mid-to-late first round grade.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 31s31 seconds ago
    So 2 picks until Packers, still on board OLB Gregory, DLs Brown, Davis and Goldman, CB Rowe, ILBs McKinney, Perryman and Kendricks

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25s25 seconds ago
    That leaves Utah's Rowe at corner. All the ILBs. Malcom Brown. And some edge rushers like UCLA's Owa AlphabetSoup